• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taffy Apple Pizza

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for apple pizza that the host wants to do at a show. Some people have made it before and recommend using various Pampered Chef products to demonstrate. The recipe calls for sugar cookie dough, but some also suggest using pizza dough. Pre-made dough is available at the store and can be used for this recipe. The recipe can be found in Pampered Chef cookbooks.
Deborah Czarnecki
I have a show coming up next week and the host would like to do this recipe. It looks simple enough--I just wondered if anyone has done it and what the responses were?
My only concern is that it doesn't seem to use too many of the products. Should I do a second recipe? (I normally don't like to suggest the host buy more groceries if it isn't her idea to begin with)
Any thoughts on this one?

D.C.

I made this last fall to bring to a Halloween party and it's great! I've never made it for a show. To me, it does seem to show a pretty good number of products. In the recipe it leaves out some specific products you can use....Measure-All Cup for the peanut butter, Adjustable Scoop for the brown sugar, Adjustable Measuring spoons, micro cooker, Slice N Serve and mini serving spatula. You can also tie in stoneware and do a little "schpiel" on that since it's the special in September. If you want to do another quick demo (but not a full recipe) use a potato to show the Ultimate Slice and Grate. Or make one of the dips using a seasoning mix and talk about our seasonings. This is just a neat, unique recipe that it might be good with the start of fall around the corner. You could talk up an "apple" theme show too! :)

Apple PizzaMy mother loves this recipe. She makes it whenever she goes to a party at a friend's house. I think she even got my hubby hooked on it too since he always wants me to make it for our friends.

I plan on doing this recipe at shows. If you want more products to demo you can use other things even if it doesn't call for that in the recipe. I think for the most part people know they don't have to use everything we do to make the recipe at home. But I'm sure there are people that do.

Oh and just a note. My mom uses peanut butter cookie dough instead of sugar cookie dough. It tastes great either way.

Oh wait... I'm thinking the caramel apple pizza. Is that the same thing?

Brandi W.

This is a great recipe!!! I do this at alot of shows and sell the round stones a good bit. The apcs is a good seller as well.

I used to make the Apple Taffy Pizza all the time. It shows the 15 inch round, the APCS, and food chopper...high dollared items. Plus the measuring tools and our cinnamon. I get rave reviews on it...I say GO FOR IT!!!

This is the recipe I remember that was ALWAYS done at early PC shows (in the 80's) so it is one of the recipes I am offering in October for my Retro Shows in recognition to the 25th Anniversary month. It also shows the Apple Peeler Slicer Corer and Stand. If you don't have those you can use the Apple Wedger and then cut them into smaller slices with the paring or utility knife.

Go for it!I do the Taffy Apple quite often at shows and people LOVE it!! Like everyone has already mentioned, it shows some great products. I try to get the cookie in the oven while I set up, so it is able to cool down while I'm making the topping and cutting the apples. It seems to work out great and then I have a little time to do a dip on the side or something small. Have fun with it!!
April

Cookie or pizza dough?Thank you ladies for all the great ideas and encouragement. It sounds like a winner, except I'm confused about one thing: the ingredients list in the recipe I have calls for pizza dough...but in the instructions it says "cookie"
Is it pizza dough or cookie dough??
Thanks again,
D.C.

The recipe in our cookbooks call for an 18oz package of sugar cookie dough.

Pre-made dough?I'm not a baker, so I've never looked into this: can you buy pre-made dough or is making the dough (adding eggs or water or whatever to a mix) one of the things you've got to do when you're preparing the recipe? :confused:

D.C.

Yes they have pre-made dough in the cooler section with butter, eggs, bisquits, ect. It comes in wrapped tubes and you either slice it to make cookies or in this case just form it into a ball and then roll it out on the stone.

Does the sugar cookie get hard while it cools? Is this one easier to cut and serve than the ever yummy peanutty brownie pizza?

where is this recipe?I'm a newbie but this recipe sound great. Where do I find it?
thanks so much

In one of our other books it uses the cresent rolls. Anyone ever tried it with that? Hope someone can let me know today as I am going to do this at a show tonight and haven't tried either the cookie or the cresent rolls. I've cooked chocolate chip cookie on the round stone and it just never seems to cook in the middle so I cook it longer but when it cools it is rock hard. Should the cookie be still soft in the middle?

I have cooked several large cookies on the round stone. I always take the cookie out when it is still somewhat soft. If you let it cook too long it will end up being so hard that it crumbles when you slice it. I always use the sugar cookie dough for the taffy apple pizza as well.

feeling safer with rollsFunny, my host has the "All The Best" cookbook, and her instructions are for the cresent rolls. I've decided to go with them, because I'm less likely to have a disaster with them than the cookie dough (my inability to deal with cookies in any shape or form goes back a long time.... :D )

D.C.

well I did them for the party tonight with the cresent rolls and they were delicious. Everyone loved them.

Great!That's a big relief to hear--thanks! My show is on Friday (and I think we're making two!). I should probably make a practise one this week (not because I want to EAT it or anything...purely for professional reasons... :p )

D.C.

For the cresent rolls thou I tried placing them like they said in the recipe but it didn't work so well so I rolled it into a ball and then rolled it out on the stone. Doesn't get as flat as a cookie would. But tastes great!!!!!

Apple slicingHow did you slice the apples? I don't have a USG and all my recipe says is spread evenly over cream cheese mixture!! Do you do thin slices? With the Ulitily Knife? Or in chunks?

thanks,

D.C.

I just peeled and cored the apples ahead of time and then thinly sliced them in circles and then cut them in four.

Buscuit doughToday when I went to buy supplies so I could practise the pizza at home, I accidentally ended up buying one Pilsbury Busciut dough instead of the cresent rolls. (SIGH :rolleyes: )
Can I use this or is it a completely different animal? (worst comes to worst I'll see if I can make buscuits!! :D

D.C.

What is Taffy Apple Pizza?

Taffy Apple Pizza is a delicious dessert made with a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese spread, and topped with sliced apples, caramel sauce, and chopped peanuts. It's a perfect combination of sweet and salty flavors.

Is Taffy Apple Pizza difficult to make?

No, Taffy Apple Pizza is very easy to make. The sugar cookie crust can be made from scratch or you can use store-bought cookie dough. The rest of the ingredients are simply spread and arranged on top of the crust.

Can I use different toppings for Taffy Apple Pizza?

Definitely! While the classic toppings are sliced apples, caramel sauce, and chopped peanuts, you can get creative and use other toppings like chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or even marshmallows.

Can I make Taffy Apple Pizza ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Taffy Apple Pizza ahead of time. You can prepare the crust and toppings separately, and then assemble them when you're ready to serve. However, we recommend adding the caramel sauce and chopped peanuts right before serving to prevent the crust from becoming soggy.

Can Taffy Apple Pizza be served warm or cold?

Taffy Apple Pizza can be served both warm or cold, depending on your preference. If serving warm, you can heat it up in the oven for a few minutes. If serving cold, you can refrigerate it for a couple of hours before serving. Either way, it will be delicious!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeAnnR
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • brandynichoal
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
Replies