• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Taffy Apple Pizza in a Large Bar Pan Instead of a Round Stone?

In summary, the author is doing a show and wants to do the taffy apple pizza. He is concerned that he won't have enough of the cream cheese mixture to cover it in the large round stone. He thinks he might just make the pizza on the medium stone, even though it will be smaller. He is cooking chicken with carrots and celery tonight, so he is also worried about how the cookie will turn out. The author recommends the bar pan, as he has used it before and hasn't had any issues. He also recommends that the cookie be baked for an extra minute if it is going to be cooked in the bar pan.
deanna_g
So, I'm doing a rather large show tonight (about 20 guests....could be more if they bring friends). I want to do the Taffy Apple Pizza. Do you think I could do it in the large bar pan instead of the round stone? I only have the medium round stone and I don't think that's going to be big enough for all those people. Would I have to increase the ingredients for the recipe, do you think?

I don't think you'd have to increase the ingredients. You may want to experiment one time at home with how the cookie cooks in the bar pan. Let us know how it turns out!

Well, I've cooked cookie dough like this in the bar pan before, so I'm not too concerned about that part. I'm more concerned that I won't have enough of the cream cheese mixture to cover it. I guess we'll see tonight!

I think you will be fine. The large round stone is 15" in diameter, and the large bar pan is 15" x 10", so it should be comparable.

I've done other recipes in the bar pan that called for the 15" stone, and have not have to make any allowances.

Good luck! Hope your show is fabulous!!

Thanks! I'm excited! I actually think I might just make the taffy apple pizza on the medium stone, even though it will be smaller. I'm doing the 30 minute chicken with carrots and celery, too, so we should be good!

Personally, I'd recommend the bar pan, as you'll end up with more pieces to go around.

That being said, just remember that the cookie will be slightly thicker on the medium stone, so it may need an extra minute of baking time if you do decide to use it. I'm not positive about this, so just keep an eye on it....

Best of luck!

What is Taffy Apple Pizza?

Taffy Apple Pizza is a delicious dessert made with a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese and marshmallow fluff filling, and topped with apples, peanuts, and a caramel drizzle.

Do I need to make the crust from scratch?

No, you can use pre-made sugar cookie dough for the crust to save time and effort.

Can I use different toppings for the pizza?

Yes, you can get creative with your toppings and use different fruits, nuts, and sauces to customize your Taffy Apple Pizza.

Do I need any special equipment to make this dessert?

No, you can make Taffy Apple Pizza using a regular baking sheet or pizza pan.

How should I store leftovers?

Leftover Taffy Apple Pizza can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Just be sure to reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeAnnR
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • deanna_g
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
deanna_g
Replies