• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maggie's Taco Ring Adventure: Testing Out A Recipe Before a Show

I've never made the ring with refried beans in it. I've made it with regular beans and it's just as good. I've tried it both ways and it's just as good either way.
yourpcgal
Gold Member
I've never made the Taco Ring or any ring for that matter. I have a show on Saturday and the host has requested the Taco Ring. I've been told by two other consultants to add a can of re-fried beans to the meat or else it will crumble out. Has anyone ever tried this? I plan to make this for dinner tonight to test it on the pickiest eaters (my 2 girls) and won't have much time to perfect it after this. The recipe seems easy enough, but I'm worried about it falling apart on me at my show.

Thanks!
Maggie

I haven't had probs with it falling apart, but the exposed meat does tend to crisp up....think the beans would help. I've never used beans, but it's a great idea.....

beans are a great idea! Also, be sure to bring all the tools for garnising at the show. Do a green pepper in middle of it using v-shaped cutter close to top of pepper and go all around it to cut off top. VOILA! a homemade serving bowl! Then fill with salsa. You can shred lettuce and circle the pepper, cut up olives with egg slicer, tomatoes cut up with forged cutlery and be sure to serve sour cream with decorator!

Maybe a little meat will fall out, but the cheese in the mix keeps it together.

I've never had the meat fall out -- just don't overfill!

I make this all the time and actually double the meat part. The filling doesn't fall out, and the meat isn't too crispy. I don't notice crispy at all. I've never considered the beans, but I guess it could be fine. Practice at home and serve it for dinner.

Ick! I hate sour cream so I always serve it on the side in the simple additions caddy, with pasta on the other side. I guess I could live with sour cream in the decorator if it was not touching every piece so those who are haters could have their own!

OH my, if I were at the party I would not eat a ring with refried beans in it! YUCK!! I've made the ring a gazillion times at home and at parties and have never had a problem with the meat.

I've never done beans either & have never had a problem. Just make sure that your "sun" shape is far enough to the edge of the stone that when you fold it back to the middle you still have room to "decorate" the middle. ;)

Never had a problem here either and first tried it at a show. No practice. It's that easy and meat is always fine not crispy but I do double up on the meat so it shows a thicker piece. At home I add green peppers to and onions to it. And yes the salad part is also a must. Presentation is everything!!!! And don't forget to use the small bamboo spoons in the sour cream and the salsa. Good Luck!!!!!

Well, I tried it at home with beans on the side and my whole family ended up putting them on top. I put them in it at the party and got wonderful comments on it. No one there had ever had it that way but everyone wanted the recipe for it. It made it so much easier to scoop onto the dough and really had a great flavor to it. We used the refried black beans so it had its own unique taste. I would say it works either way, but we prefer it with the beans. Thanks everyone for your tips!

1. Can you tell me more about Maggie's Taco Ring Adventure?

Yes, Maggie's Taco Ring Adventure is a recipe that is being tested out before a Pampered Chef show. It involves creating a taco ring using Pampered Chef products and ingredients.

2. What ingredients are needed for Maggie's Taco Ring Adventure?

The ingredients for Maggie's Taco Ring Adventure include ground beef, taco seasoning, crescent roll dough, shredded cheese, tomato, lettuce, and any other desired toppings.

3. How long does it take to make Maggie's Taco Ring Adventure?

The total time for making Maggie's Taco Ring Adventure is usually around 30 minutes. However, this may vary depending on individual cooking skills and preparation time.

4. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in Maggie's Taco Ring Adventure?

Yes, you can definitely substitute ingredients in Maggie's Taco Ring Adventure to fit your taste preferences. For example, you can use ground turkey instead of ground beef, or add in different vegetables for toppings.

5. Are there any tips for making Maggie's Taco Ring Adventure successfully?

To make Maggie's Taco Ring Adventure successfully, make sure to seal the edges of the crescent dough properly to prevent any ingredients from spilling out. Also, let the ring cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving to avoid a messy presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
smarteez2
  • ChefBeth2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • jchesley