• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taco Ring Question

yourpcgal

Gold Member
Sep 17, 2009
I've never made the Taco Ring or any ring for that matter. I have a show on Saturday and the host has requested the Taco Ring. I've been told by two other consultants to add a can of re-fried beans to the meat or else it will crumble out. Has anyone ever tried this? I plan to make this for dinner tonight to test it on the pickiest eaters (my 2 girls) and won't have much time to perfect it after this. The recipe seems easy enough, but I'm worried about it falling apart on me at my show.

Thanks!
Maggie

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
I haven't had probs with it falling apart, but the exposed meat does tend to crisp up....think the beans would help. I've never used beans, but it's a great idea.....

smspamperedchef

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 24, 2007
beans are a great idea! Also, be sure to bring all the tools for garnising at the show. Do a green pepper in middle of it using v-shaped cutter close to top of pepper and go all around it to cut off top. VOILA! a homemade serving bowl! Then fill with salsa. You can shred lettuce and circle the pepper, cut up olives with egg slicer, tomatoes cut up with forged cutlery and be sure to serve sour cream with decorator!

ShellBeach

Veteran Member
Sep 5, 2008
Maybe a little meat will fall out, but the cheese in the mix keeps it together.

gaddischef

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2005
I've never had the meat fall out -- just don't overfill!

JAE

Legacy Member
Jun 3, 2007
I make this all the time and actually double the meat part. The filling doesn't fall out, and the meat isn't too crispy. I don't notice crispy at all. I've never considered the beans, but I guess it could be fine. Practice at home and serve it for dinner.

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ick! I hate sour cream so I always serve it on the side in the simple additions caddy, with pasta on the other side. I guess I could live with sour cream in the decorator if it was not touching every piece so those who are haters could have their own!

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
OH my, if I were at the party I would not eat a ring with refried beans in it! YUCK!! I've made the ring a gazillion times at home and at parties and have never had a problem with the meat.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
I've never done beans either & have never had a problem. Just make sure that your "sun" shape is far enough to the edge of the stone that when you fold it back to the middle you still have room to "decorate" the middle. ;)

Chef Gilles

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2008
Never had a problem here either and first tried it at a show. No practice. It's that easy and meat is always fine not crispy but I do double up on the meat so it shows a thicker piece. At home I add green peppers to and onions to it. And yes the salad part is also a must. Presentation is everything!!!! And don't forget to use the small bamboo spoons in the sour cream and the salsa. Good Luck!!!!!

yourpcgal

Gold Member
Sep 17, 2009
Well, I tried it at home with beans on the side and my whole family ended up putting them on top. I put them in it at the party and got wonderful comments on it. No one there had ever had it that way but everyone wanted the recipe for it. It made it so much easier to scoop onto the dough and really had a great flavor to it. We used the refried black beans so it had its own unique taste. I would say it works either way, but we prefer it with the beans. Thanks everyone for your tips!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
2 3
Replies
Views
Devin
Replies
Views
kelleyf3
Replies