• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warm Weather Tips for Preparing Crescent Rolls

In summary, to prevent crescent rolls from getting too crispy in warm weather, bake them at a lower temperature. They can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer, and to prevent sticking, use a non-stick pan or parchment paper. They can also be used in outdoor grilling recipes, but may need to be wrapped tightly or cooked for a shorter amount of time. If an oven is not available, they can be cooked on a stovetop or camping stove.
pamperedangie
I just wanted to give you all a heads up with the warm weather coming up... please make sure that you keep the crescent rolls refrigerated until you are ready to put them on the stone, lol. Last night, I made 2 rings. The first one was ready when my family arrived, and the second... well the room was so hot it melted the rolls when I was doing my demo! :)

Good luck and Happy selling!!! :)

That is key!Yes Angie, keeping the crescent rolls in the refrigerator is key when making any kind of ring, braid or wreath. The same holds true to the refrigerated pizza crust. These products have a high fat content and literally melt when left out, especially in warm weather.

Use it to your advantage by asking a member of the audience to get them for you when you are ready to use them and also remind your guests about leaving them in the refrig until you are about to make your recipe. You'll look like the hero for having a great "quick tip" for them!

Lisa

Now they have extra large cresent rolls and those can ruin your recipe quickly. I have to now specify that they by the original ones.

1. How can I prevent my crescent rolls from getting too crispy in warm weather?

One way to prevent your crescent rolls from getting too crispy in warm weather is to bake them at a slightly lower temperature. Instead of the recommended 375 degrees Fahrenheit, try baking them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This will help the rolls to cook more evenly and prevent them from becoming too crispy on the outside.

2. Can crescent rolls be made ahead of time and stored in warm weather?

Yes, crescent rolls can be made ahead of time and stored in warm weather. However, it is important to store them properly to prevent them from becoming soggy or spoiled. After baking, allow the rolls to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.

3. How can I prevent my crescent rolls from sticking to the pan in warm weather?

To prevent your crescent rolls from sticking to the pan in warm weather, make sure to use a non-stick baking sheet or line your pan with parchment paper. You can also lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or butter. Additionally, make sure to let the rolls cool completely before removing them from the pan to avoid tearing or sticking.

4. Can I use crescent rolls in outdoor grilling recipes?

Yes, crescent rolls can be used in outdoor grilling recipes. However, they may not hold their shape as well on the grill as they would in the oven. To prevent them from falling apart, wrap them tightly in foil or use a grilling basket. Cook them for a shorter amount of time on the grill compared to in the oven, as they will cook faster on the open flame.

5. Are there any tips for making crescent rolls in warm weather without an oven?

If you do not have access to an oven in warm weather, you can still make crescent rolls on the stovetop. One method is to use a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place the rolls in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and cooked through. Another option is to use a camping stove or grill to bake the rolls in a foil packet or on a cast iron pan. Just make sure to keep a close eye on them to prevent burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mindy50135
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Mindy50135
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • ktmoms