• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taco Ring and Berries N' Stars Question

schel

Advanced Member
Apr 18, 2006
Ok,
I made the Taco Ring and it only calls for 2TBLS of water when you add the cheese. I made it this way and it was dry. Was I supposed to also add the 3/4 cup of water the package calls for also?

Also,

I made Berries N' Stars with the sweetened condensed milk and Lite cool whip. The filling was runny. Tasted good, but was runny. Has anyone used cream cheese with it also in the filling?

Thanks for input.
Schel

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
Schel,
I've always added my own spin to the Taco Ring - never the same twice, so I don't think I would be any help. Also, I've never made the Berries 'N Stars. The only suggestion I could make is to make sure you don't whip the cool whip, fold it in. I just didn't want you to think we ignored you! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

pcjulie

Aug 16, 2005
Does the recipe call for light Cool Whip? I have found that the lighter the whipped topping, the runnier it gets, no matter how gentle you are with it.

Lisa/ChefBear

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2005
Taco Ring - Reply

I've found you need to add about 1/4 cup water, but I got from Marian I believe on this board, that you can add a can of refried beans also and that seems to also help.

HTH,

Lisa

schel

Advanced Member
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks for your help, I'm going to give it a trial run again this week. think my hubby will be taco'd out for a while!
Schel

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I always use the amount of water that is listed on the back of the taco seasoning packet, 2 tblspns doesn't seem to be enough.