• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning a Stoneware Bar Pan with Greasy Residue

In summary, to clean a stoneware bar pan with greasy residue, scrape off excess food, soak in hot soapy water, and scrub with a non-abrasive sponge. You can use soap to clean the pan, but rinse it thoroughly. Avoid harsh chemicals, abrasive cleaners, and metal utensils. For stubborn grease stains, make a paste with baking soda and water, let it sit, and scrub before rinsing. Stoneware bar pans do not require seasoning, but it is recommended to apply a thin layer of cooking oil before each use.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
I have a stoneware large bar pan that I've used quite a bit. It was fine at first but now there's a tacky residue mostly in each corner but also around the edges (not in the middle). It's a greasy sticky residue and I even decided to use soap on it but it didn't help. Has this happened to anyone else? Could it be something I did wrong? And any ideas on how to clean it? Or is this the way it gets seasoned?

No, it should not be tacky. Have you used an aerosol non-stick spray on it? That causes a tacky texture. Try using a bakin soda paste on it to see if that helps.

I think I know what might have happened! I let a friend borrow it a few hours before a show she hosted this month and I bet she used a non-stick spray! It just hit me right now that I haven't used it since she used it! I guess I figured she'd know how to use it because the reason she was hosting the show was to get some of the stoneware. She said she grew up using it in her mom's kitchen! Oh well! I'll go break out the baking soda!

1. How do I clean a stoneware bar pan with greasy residue?

To clean a stoneware bar pan with greasy residue, start by scraping off any excess food or residue with a nylon scraper or non-abrasive brush. Then, fill the pan with hot water and a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry with a clean towel.

2. Can I use soap to clean my stoneware bar pan?

Yes, you can use a small amount of dish soap to clean your stoneware bar pan. However, make sure to rinse the pan thoroughly to remove any soap residue before using it again.

3. What should I avoid using when cleaning a stoneware bar pan?

Avoid using harsh chemicals, abrasive cleaners, and metal utensils when cleaning your stoneware bar pan. These can damage the pan's surface and affect its ability to heat evenly.

4. How do I remove stubborn grease stains from my stoneware bar pan?

If there are stubborn grease stains on your stoneware bar pan, you can create a paste using equal parts baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stains and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Rinse and dry the pan thoroughly.

5. Do I need to season my stoneware bar pan after cleaning?

No, stoneware bar pans do not require seasoning like cast iron pans. However, it is recommended to apply a thin layer of cooking oil to the pan before each use to prevent sticking and maintain its non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • jesusluvsu2005