1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Tacky bar pan

1. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

I have a stoneware large bar pan that I've used quite a bit. It was fine at first but now there's a tacky residue mostly in each corner but also around the edges (not in the middle). It's a greasy sticky residue and I even decided to use soap on it but it didn't help. Has this happened to anyone else? Could it be something I did wrong? And any ideas on how to clean it? Or is this the way it gets seasoned?

Jul 2, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

No, it should not be tacky. Have you used an aerosol non-stick spray on it? That causes a tacky texture. Try using a bakin soda paste on it to see if that helps.

Jul 2, 2009
  3. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

I think I know what might have happened! I let a friend borrow it a few hours before a show she hosted this month and I bet she used a non-stick spray! It just hit me right now that I haven't used it since she used it! I guess I figured she'd know how to use it because the reason she was hosting the show was to get some of the stoneware. She said she grew up using it in her mom's kitchen! Oh well! I'll go break out the baking soda!

Jul 2, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted