• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Table Runner Questions: Find the Perfect Fit for Your Table | Expert Answers

In summary, table runners can be laid down the long way or the short way, and the cranberry mid season table runner is the best-looking of the bunch.
ChefJesssica
I have never used table runners before, I have never found one I liked enough, though I know one would look great on my table (its a gorgeous table, its my favorite piece of furniture in the house). Here is my question. Are they supposed to run off the edge of the table a bit? I always thought they were supposed to hang off a little bit. The catalog says that the cranberry mid season table runner is only 14" by 60." This would look absolutely ridiculous on my table! The tiles table runner is also too short, it would not even come too the edges.

So are table runners not supposed to run off? Do they just lay in the middle of the table? Are these just midget table runners that PC has out, or are all table runners this short?

Help me out! Maybe I am thinking crazy, but are they supposed to lay down the long way on the table, or the short way? Maybe thats the problem. But I was sure they lay down the longer length of the table. Any help would be appreciated. Do I just have a mammoth sized table? It dosent seem THAT big. My mom's table is larger.

You can lay them down across the width. Someone posted something about how that looked on their table earlier this week and said it looked quite good.

Technically they are supposed to go down the length of the table in the middle, but tables have become much larger these days. At conference they set up a table with two table runners that were put accross the table width wise in place of placemats...I really liked the look of this.

soonerchef said:
Technically they are supposed to go down the length of the table in the middle, but tables have become much larger these days. At conference they set up a table with two table runners that were put accross the table width wise in place of placemats...I really liked the look of this.

I think with these items, people either LOVE them or HATE them. So far that is the responses I have gotten. Also the mid season ones are getting the better response as well. LOL...1 more thing...EVERYONE I have showed the Silicone Baker to wants 1, not with a party, they want it NOW...so I'm making up a little show, just to order those:p :p :p

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I am happy to help answer your questions about table runners. First of all, there is no right or wrong way to use a table runner - it all depends on personal preference and the look you are going for. Some people prefer to have the runner run off the edge of the table, while others prefer to have it lay in the middle of the table. It really comes down to what you think looks best on your table. In regards to the sizes of our table runners, we offer a variety of lengths to accommodate different table sizes. The cranberry mid season table runner that you mentioned is 14" by 60", which is a standard size for a table runner. However, if you feel that it would be too short for your table, we do have longer options available. The tiles table runner is also available in a longer length, so it may be worth checking out. In terms of how to lay the runner, it is typically placed down the longer length of the table, but again, this is up to personal preference. If you feel that your table is on the larger side, you may want to consider using multiple runners to cover the entire table or opting for a longer runner. I hope this helps clarify things for you. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Happy decorating!

What is a table runner and how do I use it?

A table runner is a long, narrow piece of fabric that is placed down the center of a dining table. It is used for decorative purposes and to protect the table from spills and scratches. To use a table runner, simply lay it down the center of your table and adjust it until it hangs evenly over the edges.

What materials are table runners made of?

Table runners can be made from a variety of materials including cotton, linen, silk, and polyester. Some even have intricate designs or patterns woven into them. It is important to choose a material that is durable and easy to clean, especially if you plan on using the runner for everyday meals.

How do I clean and care for my table runner?

The cleaning and care instructions for your table runner will depend on the material it is made of. In general, table runners can be either hand washed or machine washed on a gentle cycle. It is important to read the care label or instructions that came with your specific runner to ensure proper cleaning and maintenance.

Can I use a table runner on any size table?

Table runners come in a variety of lengths and widths to fit different table sizes. It is important to measure your table and choose a runner that is slightly longer than the length of your table, with enough fabric to hang over the edges. Most runners are also adjustable, so you can easily make them shorter or longer as needed.

Are there different styles of table runners?

Yes, there are many different styles of table runners to choose from. Some have a more traditional or classic look, while others may have a modern or trendy design. You can also find runners in different colors, patterns, and textures to match your personal style and home decor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rbvernon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies