• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Switch to Mac: The Ultimate Guide

.I'm not sure - I've been feeling like the company is moving away from the things that made it successful in the past. I don't like the direction it seems to be going. I've been hearing a lot of negative things about the company lately and it's really de-motivating. I'm not sure - I've been feeling like the company is moving away from the things that made it successful in the past. I don't like the direction it seems to be going. I've been hearing a lot of negative things about the company lately and it's really de-motivating.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
No longer with PC???

No way, really??

What did you hear?

wow! Went to jewelry? maybe he stepped down? what was his title before?

Yep, he's gone. Who was his upline? They inherited a lot of people!

Holy cow! That amazes me when big-time people like that leave. I always want to know why!

Hmmm...I have considered other options for myself, but I personally wouldn't have chosen jewelery -- he's a good salesman and will probably do well wherever he goes.Reminds me of Tom Marston. How is he doing?

Tom is now selling Brown Bag Party along with the sheets and towels

WOW...I think he was an Executive Director????

Hmmmmm....

I guess I just don't get it because I really can't see myself representing anyone other than PC! I don't get it...

ChefLoriG said:

Ok brown bag parties sounds like sex toys! Seriously, he left PC for sex toys and sheets? Crazy! To each its own though!

pampmomof3 said:
Ok brown bag parties sounds like sex toys! Seriously, he left PC for sex toys and sheets? Crazy! To each its own though!

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

But I guess it does go nicely with the linens...

pampmomof3 said:

I did a Google search and that's totally what it is!!:bugeye:

it is amazing to me that someone would build a huge team and work that hard then just jump... do people get recruited by other companies and "given" teams to get them started? Otherwise he is giving up a huge income to start a 0.

Wow, I'm shocked!I know that Nancy Jo is his upline, but I'm not sure how far down he was. Yes, he was an Executive.

Wow.....thats a lot to give up!!!

ChefLoriG said:

I never saw Tom as someone who would end up selling for two different companies - how ever do you make it in either one if you are dividing your time and energies.

finley1991 said:
Hmmmmm....

I guess I just don't get it because I really can't see myself representing anyone other than PC! I don't get it...

I agree Colleen.
As frustrated as I have been with the new career plan - I know this is the company with whom I belong. My heart is in it and I know in time I will adjust to the new plan and make it work for me & my team. Yes, it's a bit bumpy right now, but that's my own stubbornness and inability to accept changes without having a few tantrums first - LOL

dannyzmom said:
I never saw Tom as someone who would end up selling for two different companies - how ever do you make it in either one if you are dividing your time and energies.

well....these products do kinda go together.....

dannyzmom said:
As frustrated as I have been with the new career plan - I know this is the company with whom I belong. My heart is in it and I know in time I will adjust to the new plan and make it work for me & my team. Yes, it's a bit bumpy right now, but that's my own stubbornness and inability to accept changes without having a few tantrums first - LOL

Thanks Carolyn! Everything you said is exactly how I feel (and have been feeling about the career plan!)!

finley1991 said:
Thanks Carolyn! Everything you said is exactly how I feel (and have been feeling about the career plan!)!

Wish I could say that's how I feel. I just don't have the motivation anymore and I don't like the direction the company seems to be going. And I know I'm not alone. And seeing someone like Don Funt move on is really de-motivating! He was like the KING of PC! LOL! I'm sure he'll be successful no matter what but if something about PC made him decide to move on, I don't feel so alone.

Wow I am shocked. I totally agree with Carolyn! I can't see myself with any other company.

Debi said:
Wish I could say that's how I feel. I just don't have the motivation anymore and I don't like the direction the company seems to be going. And I know I'm not alone. And seeing someone like Don Funt move on is really de-motivating! He was like the KING of PC! LOL! I'm sure he'll be successful no matter what but if something about PC made him decide to move on, I don't feel so alone.

What do you mean - "the direction the company seem to be going"? Just curious your thoughts

I don't know if Deb is referring to the recruiting aspect... she'll have to answer that. I just know that with SO MANY other DS companies, their sole focus is recruiting. It just makes me wonder why someone would go that route....

It is important to keep in mind that both Tom and Don were TERMINATED. Tom was terminated for actively recruiting for the sheets company while at PC Leadership Summit.
I do not know what Don was terminated for, but was told by my NED that he was indeed terminated.

ahhh terminated makes more sense then

I also heard that he was recruited with a bonus to come but have NO confirmation on that. I am sad he is gone. I did a training call series With him and he had such practical things to teach.

My heart is breaking! Don was my Pampered Chef Hero....:cry:
And really Jewelry?

Be your own Business Hero ... it's much safer and FAR more rewarding! :)

so true we CAN all be a Don Funt IF we put our minds to it!!!!!!!!!!
:approve:

WOW! I am SHOCKED. I wonder what the reason was for his termination?

SusanBP0129 said:
WOW! I am SHOCKED. I wonder what the reason was for his termination?

actively recruiting for the jewelry before he had sent in his director relinquishment letter.

ChefLoriG said:
actively recruiting for the jewelry before he had sent in his director relinquishment letter.

Who in his/her right mind would leave PC for Jewelry...especially in THIS economy!?!?

Wow. Makes no sense to me AT ALL!

dannyzmom said:
Who in his/her right mind would leave PC for Jewelry...especially in THIS economy!?!?

My guess is that it's not about the jewelry. He won't be selling as much per se... he's a strong recruiter and will make his $$$ that way. What woman doesn't love attention from a man?... even if he's *not interested* in her. He's good at giving the attention... and I'm not saying it's a bad thing! He's knows his angle and works it!

Just my thoughts.

Sometimes women crave attention from men who they know they can't have...gee, wonder why men can't figure us out!!:D

Both of these men are still PC heros in my mind. They showed us what can be done if we let go of our fears and hesitations. They did leave us with good training materials and ideas too.

I have male gay friends and they are so much fun to be around. These men probably are too and could sell ice to an female eskimo!!! PC happens to be my product of choice. I love direct sales and am not motivated by any other products that I see out there today. They have value and help people on a daily basis. I love seeing customers that crave to see a catalog or get excited just hearing the company name.

I so agree with Carolyn. This career change was a huge change. Somethings are good and others are not. Many things in life can be described this same way.

Recently what has excited me in this business is:

Watching a consultant with a husband serving in the Army in the Middle East work her heart out because she wanted to bring her 3 children to Disney. Helping her "find a way" to keep trying through all of her doubts. She dug in just because of encouragement from her husband, her recruiter and myself...and earned it!!!

Personally, I made a repair that cost me $6000 and was prepared to take out a loan this fall to help cover it. I too dug in. I have have all but $1000 left to pay and by the end of the year, it will be paid off...without adding to my already too large debt. My next reason to dig in is to pay for hearing aids for my father. He needs them so badly. I do work full time along side of PC but without it...I couldn't do these things.

Although I am not earning the trips I have earned in the past, I still see value in Pampered Chef and the company itself. In March I will celebrate 10 years with PC!!! They have changed very much in the last 10 years but if you ever go to Home Office and see the products they started out with...it is shocking that they are this big 30 years later!! (I mean the fly swatter covered on one side with calico cloth stuffed with cotton filling and looked like a pig...I think it was a pig)

Enough of my ramblings. Sorry to hear that Don has moved on but he and Tom both sounded like they were ready for a change but just made it a little too soon!

We still have David Meehan...right? I like him too!!

Very well put!!!

chefchris said:
What do you mean - "the direction the company seem to be going"? Just curious your thoughts

Like Colleen said, the huge recruiting push along with some of the new team structure requirements. And maybe I would feel better if it hadn't come at the time it did for me personally. I still haven't figured out what it takes to sell OR recruit around this area.

I was just browsing thru their website and found that they "welcome" direct sales reps into their company by giving them the same title that they held in their previous company.

I wonder how the downline works then?

Here's what I was reading...
http://www.jewelsbyparklane.com/start/inindex

That is really interesting. The jewelry was described to me as cheap looking but very expensive. hmmmm

Hmmmm...the jewelry doesn't look like anything special to me. Guess it may be easier to carry!

I have bought jewelry from them and hated it. It is cheap looking. The show I went to everyone was talking about how they weren't impressed with it. Since then I haven't heard of anyone in my area hosting a party with that company.

Sad story I read just now in the Chicago Tribune about the son of the founders of Park Lane. I remembered the company of Park Lane being the one Don Funt went to.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-millionaire-playboy-porsche-arrest20100315,0,7724138.story

So sad. One of the comments said that this son did not have a good reputation.

What are the benefits of switching to a Mac from a PC?

There are many benefits to switching to a Mac, including a more user-friendly interface, better security and virus protection, and seamless integration with other Apple devices. Macs also tend to have a longer lifespan and require less maintenance compared to PCs.

Is it difficult to transfer files and data from a PC to a Mac?

No, it is not difficult to transfer files and data from a PC to a Mac. Apple provides a built-in tool called "Migration Assistant" that assists with the transfer process. You can also use external hard drives or cloud storage options to transfer your files.

Will all of my favorite programs and software be available on a Mac?

Many popular programs and software have versions that are compatible with Macs. However, there may be some programs that are only available for PCs. It's always a good idea to research and make sure the programs you need are available on Mac before making the switch.

Do I need to buy new accessories for my Mac?

It depends on the accessories you currently have. Macs use different ports and connectors than PCs, so you may need to purchase adapters or new accessories. However, many common accessories like keyboards and mice are compatible with both Macs and PCs.

Is there a learning curve when switching from a PC to a Mac?

Yes, there may be a learning curve when switching from a PC to a Mac, especially if you have been using a PC for a long time. However, Apple provides helpful resources and tutorials to help you get familiar with the Mac interface and features. With some practice, you will be able to navigate your Mac with ease.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amerrigan
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • jchesley
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Nicki Robinette