• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Join Swiss Colony Occasions as a Pampered Chef Consultant?

P
Pampered Laura
Swiss Colony Crashes Home party Business
http://www.swisscolonyoccasions.com/
Well we all know that this company is just silly compared to PC, but they're offering new consultants to join at 'any level they choose' - basically, entering the company as a director+.
Of course people are gonna be suckered in to it. I have a friend considering this business, after she's hosted a PC show for me. Of course I'd rather her go with PC, but this company she's considering looks more like a fly-by-night thing. Help.:eek:

Ok I hope this doesn't sound rude but -BLECH.

That doesn't even sound good. And their rewards for their hosts aren't spectacular. 15% at $500 = $75 and 1 half priced item. HAH i say.

That wouldn't make me want to have a party of cheeseballs and sausages.

Just saying.

Gosh, the more I hear about other companies, the more & more I love PC. The first bonus they have seems sort of... I don't know, it just seems sort of difficult to obtain... Maybe that's just me though.

Is this the company that sells cheese logs and such in the mall around Christmas time?

Someone do me a favor and translate this http://www.swisscolonyoccasions.com/corp/documents/ConsultantAgreement.pdf to plain english for me... in context of whats expected from their consultants. LOL It's greek to me!

item 15
Pampered Laura said:
Someone do me a favor and translate this http://www.swisscolonyoccasions.com/corp/documents/ConsultantAgreement.pdf to plain english for me... in context of whats expected from their consultants. LOL It's greek to me!

Did you see item 15?

"15. I fully understand Company’s 70% Rule. In order to qualify for bonus payments, I must
sell at wholesale or retail at least 70% of the Products that I purchased in the previous
month, and I will demonstrate compliance with this rule as set forth in the Policies. I will
keep and retain complete receipts of my retail sales and provide them to Company at its
request in accordance with, and limited by, Company’s Policies, including Company’s
Privacy Policy."

So in order to get a commission bonus, your sales for July have to be 70% or higher than June's sales. If your June was awesome (say, $10,000 because of incentive), you have to sell $7,000 in July to get a commission boost? YUCK! Glad we just have set $ amounts each month.

I read their agreement and I'm thinking they must have to purchase inventory. That's my guess. So, if they buy $1000 worth of inventory one month, they'd have to sell $700 of it the next month to get bonuses. I guess that would prevent someone from buying inventory JUST to get a certain incentive or pay level or something. I am not sure. It's kind of interesting to compare though. I don't know how someone would be tempted by a company like this (how many cheese logs and sausages could you sell when it's not the holidays??), but then again I'm quite biased!:)

These people are smoking something and didn't I read in the article that there is only TWO full-time workers at the "HO"? What the heck! This is crazy and not only that but, it is almost the exact same as TOHE, what were these people thinking?

Am I the only one who thinks the company name sounds like a bad infection? :D

"Sorry, Sue, I can't make it tonight, I have a horrible case of Swiss Colony on my butt..." LOL

Wow, isn't PC awesome:D That company just looks really uptight! And our host program is way better!

Marg said:
Am I the only one who thinks the company name sounds like a bad infection? :D

"Sorry, Sue, I can't make it tonight, I have a horrible case of Swiss Colony on my butt..." LOL
That's hilarious!!!!:D

1. What is Swiss Colony Occasions?

Swiss Colony Occasions is a home party business that sells food and gift items, similar to Pampered Chef.

2. How does it compare to Pampered Chef?

Swiss Colony Occasions is often seen as a less established and reputable company compared to Pampered Chef. It also offers new consultants the opportunity to join at a higher level, which may seem like a red flag for a fly-by-night operation.

3. What is the main appeal of Swiss Colony Occasions?

The main appeal of Swiss Colony Occasions is that new consultants can enter the company at a higher level, potentially earning more money from the start.

4. Is Swiss Colony Occasions a legitimate business?

While Swiss Colony Occasions may seem like a questionable business, it is a legitimate company. However, it may not have the same level of success and stability as other direct sales companies like Pampered Chef.

5. What should I consider before joining Swiss Colony Occasions?

If you are considering joining Swiss Colony Occasions, it is important to carefully research the company and its products. You should also consider the company's reputation and potential for success in comparison to other direct sales companies. Additionally, think about your personal values and whether they align with the company's business practices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kathy Friedman
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
Replies