• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Unexpected Swine Flu Journey

In summary, the conversation is about someone who believes they have the swine flu but their doctor was not concerned and did not give a blood test. The person is experiencing severe symptoms but not the typical ones associated with the flu. They have been prescribed Tamiflu, which is expensive, and have been advised to stay away from people until they are symptom-free for 24 hours. The conversation also includes advice on how to cope with the fever and well wishes for a speedy recovery.
dkitten13
Okay, I supposedly have the flu and since I had a flu shot the doc said its probably the swine flu. He wasn't very worried and didn't take a blood test so I guess its not a big deal.

I've never felt this sick in my life! Non-stop fever and exhaustion, no appetite, etc. No other symptoms thought that I would think you'd have with the flu.

Just wanted to share...at least I got it now and not in two week!

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better fast. Did he give a rx of tamiflu?

Yes, and he wants my son and hubby to take it too. My son's RX cost $89 and mine was $37...hubby hasn't picked his up yet due to the expense. I guess it can keep people from getting it.

Yikes that is expensive. Did he tell you how long you have to be aay from people? I ask this because my friends dr thinks she might have swine flu and has been on tamiflu since wed.

I was told once I am symptom free for 24 hours...my only symptoms as I said is the fever.

Has anyone had this? I can't seem to shake this fever and I don't want to OD on the Advil after all the recent scares of Tylenol, etc.

Sure hope you get to feeling better. Lay under some blankets and sweat it out works for me.

Dina Atnip said:
Sure hope you get to feeling better. Lay under some blankets and sweat it out works for me.

Yeah...just remind yourself that hte fever is playing a critical role in your body to get rid of the germ! That's what I tell my kids....without the fever, we can't fight it as efficiently. BUt it still stinks!!! Sorry for you.

Bobbi, you sound like my mommy! She just told me that this afternoon! I'm a wimp because my normal fevers are around 99 or 100. Now I'm at 101+ and just feeling wiped out!

dkitten13 said:
Bobbi, you sound like my mommy! She just told me that this afternoon! I'm a wimp because my normal fevers are around 99 or 100. Now I'm at 101+ and just feeling wiped out!

That's when you get your favorite movies and just lie on the couch and try to get lost in the movie. When my kids or I are sick, they know it means a day of their favorite cartoons or movies....I do it too!

Hopefully, it will pass soon! (and that the rest of your family doesn't get sick before or while you are conference, assuming you are going.)

Sorry you feel so horrible. Praying for a swift recovery. Could you maybe take a tepid/cool bath? Put a washcloth over your eyes and zone out a bit?

Just lay in bed, watch a movie and recoup.

Hope you feel better asap.

1. What inspired you to write "My Unexpected Swine Flu Journey"?

I was inspired to write this book because I wanted to share my personal experience with swine flu and how it affected my life. I also wanted to raise awareness about the importance of taking preventive measures and getting vaccinated to protect ourselves and others from the virus.

2. How did you cope with the physical and emotional challenges of having swine flu?

It was definitely a tough journey, both physically and emotionally. I had to rely on my support system of family and friends to help me through it. I also practiced self-care and self-compassion, allowing myself to rest and heal without feeling guilty. Writing about my experience also helped me process my emotions and find some sense of peace.

3. What do you hope readers will take away from your book?

I hope readers will gain a better understanding of what it's like to have swine flu and the impact it can have on one's life. I also hope to spread awareness about the importance of prevention and being proactive in protecting ourselves and others from the virus. Lastly, I hope my story will inspire others to never give up and keep fighting, even in the face of adversity.

4. How has your perspective on life changed after going through this experience?

Going through this experience has made me appreciate the little things in life more, like being able to breathe easily, being healthy, and spending time with loved ones. It has also taught me the importance of being grateful and cherishing every moment. I have also become more conscious of my health and the well-being of those around me.

5. What advice do you have for someone who may be going through a similar experience?

My advice would be to never lose hope and to always seek support from loved ones. Take care of yourself, both physically and emotionally, and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed. Remember that this is just a temporary setback and you will come out stronger on the other side. Most importantly, stay positive and trust in your ability to overcome any challenge that comes your way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dianevill
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • tabnat80
  • General Chat
Replies