• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Sweet Sprinkles Bites: Easy Recipe for Delicious Garlic Bites

and something else like nutmeg, which is what I did.The size can is the 10 count size. You can get a 4 pack of these for less than $2, which is why they are so great to use as an "add on" recipe at shows!
janezapchef
Gold Member
I know people are making the "garlic bites" using the sweet sprinkles instead. I saw it on here a couple of weeks ago, but I can't find it now. I'm not talking about the easy cinnamon rolls. I mean the cut up biscuits with the sprinkles in the saute pan. Anyone making them? And, if you are, what are the amounts of everything involved? I have a show Friday, and she wants these. I'm sure I could find it if I look long enough, but I'm short on time today.
Thanks,
Jane :)

janezapchef said:
I know people are making the "garlic bites" using the sweet sprinkles instead. I saw it on here a couple of weeks ago, but I can't find it now. I'm not talking about the easy cinnamon rolls. I mean the cut up biscuits with the sprinkles in the saute pan. Anyone making them? And, if you are, what are the amounts of everything involved? I have a show Friday, and she wants these. I'm sure I could find it if I look long enough, but I'm short on time today.
Thanks,
Jane :)
I searched it for you, I have time on my hands while the kiddos are sleeping... :D I hope this is what you are looking for... Beating a dead horse? Another update to use saute pan to make cinnamon bites! I'll be waiting for a review, I have never tried them! Good Luck with your show!

Sorry
Carissidy said:
I searched it for you, I have time on my hands while the kiddos are sleeping... :D I hope this is what you are looking for... Beating a dead horse? Another update to use saute pan to make cinnamon bites! I'll be waiting for a review, I have never tried them! Good Luck with your show!
Sorry this may help better....
So, all of you that want a quick demo to SELL COOKWARE and our new sprinkles here you go:

Melt 3 T. BUTTER (not margarine, the butter tastes and browns better...) in your small saute pan or 10" saute pan.

Take one roll of cheap biscuits (You can buy them in a pack of 4 for less than $2) and cut them into quarters. Using your spatula, toss them in the butter so they are all coated. Spread them out so they are even in the pan.

Sprinkle on some brown sugar (Probaby about 2-3T. ?? not sure, I just eyeballed it...) **This is the part that made them soooo much better. They were just missing something before.
Sprinkle on LIBERALLY our cinnamon or caramel sprinkles. (Or do one side of one flavor and one side the other flavor.)

Bake @ 375 for 10-12 minutes.

Then, instead of inverting them onto a plate (in which case all of the sprinkles would now be on the bottom...) SLIDE them off onto a plate. This really showcases how non-stick our pans are!!

The crescent roll recipe is really good...I think it will be even better if you add some brown sugar in it as well. Another thing: if you are cheap..ahem..I mean, frugal like me--adding the brownsugar adds flavor and you use a little less of the sprinkles.

Kelleythechef posted a while back!:thumbup:

I did this over the weekend with crescents, but I used my fluted stone instead of the pan. Worked great and went over big with DH.

What size for the roll of biscuits? I notice they are sold in cans of 10 biscuits or a smaller can (not sure how many are in the small can- maybe 4 biscuits??).

Is this recipe specifically for the new sprinkles? Or did it exist before and there is a combination of ingredients we can use in place of the sprinkles? (I do not have mine yet.)

Thanks!
Kathleen

kam said:
What size for the roll of biscuits? I notice they are sold in cans of 10 biscuits or a smaller can (not sure how many are in the small can- maybe 4 biscuits??).

Is this recipe specifically for the new sprinkles? Or did it exist before and there is a combination of ingredients we can use in place of the sprinkles? (I do not have mine yet.)

Thanks!
Kathleen
Kathleen~

The size can is the 10 count size. You can get a 4 pack of these for less than $2, which is why they are so great to use as an "add on" recipe at shows!

The recipe has been around for a long time...first probably as garlic bites (with garlic from garlic press and Italian Seas Mix getting put into them) to showcase our super non stick cookware. We just "tweaked" the recipe when the sprinkles came out to showcase a new seasoning!

Change the flavors as you like!!

Oh, and if you wanted cinnamon, but don't have our sprinkles yet, you can do a combo of our cinnamon and brown sugar or our Cinnamon Plus and brown sugar!!

I just ordered the sprinkles on my supply order, and I can't wait to make these.

I did make "bites" for my show Friday, but I had forgotten that the host actually wanted to basil bites -- woops! So, that's what I made instead. I tried the sweet kind today for breakfast though -- big hit! I actually didn't follow these directions though because I am just checking back in now. I just made it up. I tossed the biscuit quarters with a little cinnamon and sugar. I melted probably 3 tbsp. butter in the 8" saute, sprinkled a few of the cinnamon sprinkles over that. Then, I put the biscuit pieces in the pan and sprinkled with more sprinkles. I actually forgot about them in the oven (since I wasn't at my house and didn't have my timer), but they turned out GREAT! Thanks for looking up the info though. Now, I will use those for my show this week that DOES want the sweet ones!Jane :)

Whenever I make any bites, teh bottom seems to be quite dark and I can't get enough topping on all of the bites - some have a lot and some have none. I try to stir them around in the pan but they start to cook too quickly. What level is the stove supposed to be at when you do this?

Winnipegk said:
Whenever I make any bites, teh bottom seems to be quite dark and I can't get enough topping on all of the bites - some have a lot and some have none. I try to stir them around in the pan but they start to cook too quickly. What level is the stove supposed to be at when you do this?
Are you cooking them completely on the top of the stove? You just melt the butter and toss them in the butter. Add some brown sugar and sprinkles on top. (the sugar just allows you to use less sprinkles for those of us who are rather frugal...;) )

Then you finish baking them in the oven.

I have never really had a problem with some having a lot and some having none. I just sprinkle them evenly over the top. When done baking I slide them onto my serving plate so all the goodies are still on top.

I really can't wait to try these, they sound soo yummy! My director made hers on her grill and she said they came out awesome!

KellyTheChef said:
Are you cooking them completely on the top of the stove? You just melt the butter and toss them in the butter. Add some brown sugar and sprinkles on top. (the sugar just allows you to use less sprinkles for those of us who are rather frugal...;) )

Then you finish baking them in the oven.

I have never really had a problem with some having a lot and some having none. I just sprinkle them evenly over the top. When done baking I slide them onto my serving plate so all the goodies are still on top.

OK yeah I've been leaving them on the stove for a bit so that's my problem. Do you do them in the 8" saute pan? I find it hard to reach all of them in there because they're sort of piled.

Winnipegk said:
OK yeah I've been leaving them on the stove for a bit so that's my problem. Do you do them in the 8" saute pan? I find it hard to reach all of them in there because they're sort of piled.
I have been doing them in the 10" saute to show one of the pans that comes in the set! It will still work in the 8"...just a little crowded!

KellyTheChef said:
I have been doing them in the 10" saute to show one of the pans that comes in the set! It will still work in the 8"...just a little crowded!

Grrrr I can't wait til I get my cookware! I only have the 2 8" saute pans. I don't have any cookware at home at all so Panorama is a HUGE incentive for me!

I always make these in the 8" saute pan. They are crowded, but they come out perfect!

Also, last night I tried the basil bites in the 8" stainless pan, and they worked quite nicely! I was pretty happy about that!

I went to Publix to get biscuits but wasnt sure which ones to get - butter flaky ones? or something else?

Carolyn~

I don't think I would get the flaky style...but then again, I just have never tried them with flaky ones (the ones that pull apart in layers)

I have always gotten the buttermilk or original ones...

I use Grands Flaky Layers Original. They come in 5 and 8. The 5 is perfect for the 8" saute pan and the 8 is perfect for the 10" pan!

Good to know...thanks Lamar!!

I always buy the ones that come in the four-pack. The other advantage is that for Weight Watchers, each of THOSE biscuits are only one point! Of course, the butter and brown sugar and sprinkles add to that, but at least the biscuits aren't so bad for me. :D

jenniferp417 said:
I always buy the ones that come in the four-pack. The other advantage is that for Weight Watchers, each of THOSE biscuits are only one point! Of course, the butter and brown sugar and sprinkles add to that, but at least the biscuits aren't so bad for me. :D
I always buy the four pack as well...more cuz they are CHEAPER that way and work very well!! LOL

KellyTheChef said:
I always buy the four pack as well...more cuz they are CHEAPER that way and work very well!! LOL

Are they Pillsbury or some other brand?

dannyzmom said:
Are they Pillsbury or some other brand?
The Pillsbury ones work...but the WalMart brand work just as well! I think they are about $1.50 for the 4 pack of the store brand!!

I'm making them tonight! I can't wait.

Crescent Roll Recipe?Can someone share the recipe you refer to with the crescent rolls and sprinkles? Thanks so much.

1. Can I make these Garlic Bites ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Garlic Bites ahead of time. Simply follow the recipe instructions and allow the bites to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container. When ready to serve, you can reheat them in the oven or microwave until warm.

2. Can I substitute the garlic for another herb?

Yes, you can substitute the garlic for another herb such as rosemary, thyme, or basil. Simply finely chop the herb and mix it in with the other ingredients before baking.

3. Can I use store-bought dough instead of making my own?

Yes, you can use store-bought dough instead of making your own. However, the homemade dough in this recipe adds extra flavor and texture to the Garlic Bites.

4. What is the best type of cheese to use for these bites?

The best type of cheese to use for these Garlic Bites is freshly grated parmesan cheese. It adds a delicious nutty and savory flavor to the bites. However, you can also use other types of cheese such as mozzarella or cheddar.

5. Can I make these bites in a different shape?

Yes, you can make these bites in a different shape if desired. You can roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to create different shapes, or you can shape the dough into balls for a more traditional garlic bread look.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aksusan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
Replies
Views
mpkegley