• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Sweet Potato Pound Cake Recipe for Fall Desserts

In summary, the ingredients needed for the Sweet Potato Pound Cake are all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, cooked and mashed sweet potatoes, vanilla extract, and chopped pecans (optional). Canned pumpkin can be substituted for the sweet potatoes, but the flavor and texture may be slightly different. A regular 9x5 inch loaf pan can be used instead of a bundt pan, with adjusted baking time. The cake can be frozen for up to 3 months and can be topped with a glaze or frosting, such as a simple powdered sugar and milk glaze or a cream cheese frosting.
brittanymcginnis
Has anyone made the Sweet Potato Pount Cake from the Desserts cookbook? I am trying to think of a yummy, and substantial dessert for October/Nov.

Thanks!

No, I have not made this. It sounds good. I'll have to check it out.

Alright so I made it....all I can say is AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!!!!

I love it!

Can someone post the recipe? It sounds great, and I have some sweet potatoes that I need to use up.

What ingredients are needed to make the Sweet Potato Pound Cake?

The ingredients needed for the Sweet Potato Pound Cake are: all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, cooked and mashed sweet potatoes, vanilla extract, and chopped pecans (optional).

Can I substitute the sweet potatoes with canned pumpkin?

Yes, you can substitute the sweet potatoes with an equal amount of canned pumpkin. However, the flavor and texture of the cake may be slightly different.

Do I have to use a bundt pan to make the Sweet Potato Pound Cake?

No, you can use a regular 9x5 inch loaf pan to make the cake. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

Can I freeze the Sweet Potato Pound Cake?

Yes, you can freeze the Sweet Potato Pound Cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. It can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Can I add a glaze or frosting to the Sweet Potato Pound Cake?

Yes, you can add a glaze or frosting to the Sweet Potato Pound Cake if desired. A simple glaze made with powdered sugar and milk or a cream cheese frosting would pair well with this cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies