• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Welcome to Spring Launch- Ideas for Sweet Apple Sprinkle?

In summary, the Sweet Apple Sprinkle has been used in multiple ways such as cream cheese on a bagel, on top of ice cream, in crescent rolls, and with peanut butter and pretzel sticks. There is also a recipe involving butter, brown sugar, an apple, and biscuits that has been tried and was found to be delicious. The Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle is also liked but has a hint of soap flavor due to the coconut.
cookinfletch
Gold Member
This is my first post, but I am so excited after Spring Launch, I'm still buzzing! I do have a question- anybody have any ideas for the Sweet Apple Sprinkle? It smells really apple-y, but I'm not sure what I can do with it!

Put it on pancakes, oatmeal, apple pie...

We have eaten way over half of it already. My whole family LOVES it! We put it on cream cheese for bagels, in oatmeal, on english muffins, in pancake batter, today we had peanut butter on celery and we put it on there. I could eat it right out of the jar. It really isn't that apple-y.

It is by far my favorite sprinkle already. But I actually don't like the other 3, lol.

I'm using it at one of my shows this week. The host asked for a 2nd recipe - a simple apple/cinnamon type dessert.

Sooo, I'm doing Apple/Cinnamon Biscuit Bites! My plan is to melt the 4 tbls. of butter in the pan, shake in about 3 Tbls. of the Apple Sprinkles, 3 Tbls, of brown sugar, and then chop an apple and sprinkle that in too. Do the same deal with the quartered biscuits on top, and bake.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm using it at one of my shows this week. The host asked for a 2nd recipe - a simple apple/cinnamon type dessert.

Sooo, I'm doing Apple/Cinnamon Biscuit Bites! My plan is to melt the 4 tbls. of butter in the pan, shake in about 3 Tbls. of the Apple Sprinkles, 3 Tbls, of brown sugar, and then chop an apple and sprinkle that in too. Do the same deal with the quartered biscuits on top, and bake.

Mmmm... That sounds yummy!

There are suggestions for use and a recipe on the bottle. Grilled fruit actually sounds quite interesting...

I think it would be good in plain or vanilla yogurt with some granola. Or maybe use instead of cinnamon-sugar for rolling snickerdoodles before baking.

beckyjsmith said:
It is by far my favorite sprinkle already. But I actually don't like the other 3, lol.

I am sure glad to hear you say that!! I really hate the mocha hazelnut sprinkle!!!

Becky: Sounds absolutely delightful! I can smell it now waifing through my house and I haven't tried it yet. Thank you for the idea.

I haven't done it yet..but I am planning on trying it on vanilla ice cream

I used it on crescent rolls (as suggested on the bottle) my son who is 7 and normally doesn't eat stuff like that loved them - asked for them in his lunch today. I keep the Carmel & Cinnamon ones by the coffee and use them everyone and then in my coffee - takes great! :)

Wow! Thanks so much for all the input! Can't wait to try it for myself. I'm also really looking forward to the lemon sprinkle!

I actually sprinkled it on a bland tasting apple and it was yummy! Also dipped pretzel sticks in peanut butter and sprinkled it on! YUM!@Becky - that sounds yummy. I've done that with the Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle. :) I'll bet it would be better - I like the cinnamon sprinkle OK, but to me it tastes like it has a hint of soap in it! :( Must be the coconut ...

I had the same suggestions as above: with cream cheese on a bagel, on top of ice cream, using the crescent rolls, the recipe suggestions on the bottle, and of course the one I have tried already: Open mouth, insert Sprinkles, LOL!!! These are sooooo yummy. I think I might try topping them on a muffin before baking them too.

I just made the Apple Biscuits. They smelled really good. They tasted GREAT! They are totally GONE. :)

I used 2/3 stick of real butter, one can Grands biscuits, 3 T each of the sprinkles and brown sugar, and 1/2 of a large Granny Smith apple because it was a really big apple. I wanted to use pecans but one ds doesn't like them. He didn't like dinner either, so I spared the nuts. I baked it in the 10" stainless skillet at 350 and it took about 25 minutes.

Perfect!

GEEZ YOU GUYS! It is 10:16 p.m. here and now I am hungry!

I want to try it on french toast!

cookingwithdot said:
I actually sprinkled it on a bland tasting apple and it was yummy! Also dipped pretzel sticks in peanut butter and sprinkled it on! YUM!

@Becky - that sounds yummy. I've done that with the Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle. :) I'll bet it would be better - I like the cinnamon sprinkle OK, but to me it tastes like it has a hint of soap in it! :( Must be the coconut ...

You know, when the sprinkles first came out, I thought for sure the cinnamon would be my favorite, but I actually like the caramel much better. Usually, when I do the biscuits, I use the caramel sprinkles for Caramel Biscuit Bites.

I need to go buy some biscuits so I can try these though.

JAE said:
I just made the Apple Biscuits. They smelled really good. They tasted GREAT! They are totally GONE. :)

I used 2/3 stick of real butter, one can Grands biscuits, 3 T each of the sprinkles and brown sugar, and 1/2 of a large Granny Smith apple because it was a really big apple. I wanted to use pecans but one ds doesn't like them. He didn't like dinner either, so I spared the nuts. I baked it in the 10" stainless skillet at 350 and it took about 25 minutes.

Perfect!

Good to know J! I may even go buy biscuits today to try them at home. :)

How are you feeling BTW?

I make monkey cake ( or monkey bread, whichever you call it) LOL for my kiddos on a regular basis. I think I will mix some of this in with the cinnamon and sugar and see how it tastes :)

ChefBeckyD said:
You know, when the sprinkles first came out, I thought for sure the cinnamon would be my favorite, but I actually like the caramel much better. Usually, when I do the biscuits, I use the caramel sprinkles for Caramel Biscuit Bites.

Me too! I don't know why, but I just didn't like the cinnamon as much as I thought I would. I use the caramel ones so much more. The kids love when I make "Sweet Biscuit Bites" using the Caramel sprinkles..

i use about twice as much of the cinnamon as the caramel. I can't see us using a lotof the new apple because The Furry Guy isn't a big apple pie fan.

I vote for the caramel sprinkles. They are my favorite. I like them even better than the chocolate. I think I should use half cinnamon sprinkles and half apple sprinkles the next time I make the apple bites. Mmmm...... Good thing I bought the biscuits for 25 cents thanks to savings angel (my affiliate # is 710) :)

ChefBeckyD said:

I need to go buy some biscuits so I can try these though.

I am so glad to find I am not the only one who does not like the Cinnamon. For some reason it tastes like soap to me. And I had a customer say the same thing.

I am thinking, which in of itself is unusual LOL, of taking both the apple and the caramel sprinkles and making a cheesecake with it. Oh man that sounds so good. Guess I will be going to the grocery store in the morning before the storm gets here LOL

NooraK said:
Mmmm... That sounds yummy!

There are suggestions for use and a recipe on the bottle. Grilled fruit actually sounds quite interesting...

I made the recipe off the back for our cluster last night. It takes one roll of cressant rolls, a tab spoon melted butter and 1/4 cup of the sprinkles. You pinch together the seams and roll together like making cinnamon rolls, cut and cook. They were delicious! It would be an easy way to demo the sprinkles.

I tried the Sweet Apple Sprinkles on vanilla ice cream...was very good. DH said he liked them and that the apple flavor was not to strong.
I have never used to Cinnamon Sprinkles (allergic to coconut) but I love the Caramel. I use it on or in everything.
I can't wait to try the Apple one in my yogurt. I like the french toast idea!

I'm planning to use the apple and caramel together to make caramel apple rolls.

raebates said:
I'm planning to use the apple and caramel together to make caramel apple rolls.

I'm making those this morning as a special "snow day" treat. I'm also adding the chopped apple!:chef:

I have a customer who just about inhales the cinnamon sprinkles, tried the caramel and it just doesn't do it for her. I prefer the caramel (still), #2 is chocolate #3 is the new apple.

Just shows that we are all different, hence the need for choices.

Can't wait for the lemon! Mine comes today!!

BethCooks4U said:
I have a customer who just about inhales the cinnamon sprinkles, tried the caramel and it just doesn't do it for her. I prefer the caramel (still), #2 is chocolate #3 is the new apple.

Just shows that we are all different, hence the need for choices.

Can't wait for the lemon! Mine comes today!!

Mine come today too! On the truck for delivery...whoo hoo!

I think I'm really going to like the lemon!

My favorite is the caramel - but that could be overtaken by the apple or lemon - and I'm really excited to try the honey vanilla in May too.:D

The cinnamon is okay - I like it better when blended w/ the caramel, so may like it blended w/ the apple too. I don't care for the Mocha one at all. For me, there is a bitter aftertaste with it.

My sprinkles are lost in a snow drift, but mocha is my fave so far. I put it on my pb toast(tastes like nutella:))

lovescooking said:
I tried the Sweet Apple Sprinkles on vanilla ice cream...was very good. DH said he liked them and that the apple flavor was not to strong.
I have never used to Cinnamon Sprinkles (allergic to coconut) but I love the Caramel. I use it on or in everything.
I can't wait to try the Apple one in my yogurt. I like the french toast idea!

I used the Sweet Apple Sprinkles on Vanilla Ice Cream last night..I LOVED IT.

I keep letting the people at work try it..because this one is by far my favorite..so I have just been sprinkling some in their hands to let them try it..one girl already told me to order some for her when I can.

Every seems to like them

We had the sprinkles in pancake batter, yum.
And the new apple sprinkles as strange as it sounds over baked sweet potatoes were delicious!

Actually, over sweet potatoes sounds good, and I don't even like sweet potatoes!That gives me another idea - sprinkled on pork tenderloin! It would be like little bits of applesauce!

Ann, you're a genius.

Why, thank you. *bats eyelashes*

DEBBI said:
My sprinkles are lost in a snow drift, but mocha is my fave so far. I put it on my pb toast(tastes like nutella:))

That is what I'm having in the morning! Thanks for the idea. I need to find a way to like the mocha.

Has anyone tried it in a dip yet? Like with the cream cheese and cool whip?

The apple and lemon both would be great in the cream cheese/marshmallow fluff dip.

I love the sounz of the new sprinkles! I love the mocha hazelnut! :)

Made the biscuit bites with the sweet apple sprinkles and a bit of Kjorinte (sp?) cinnamon for breakfast. They were a HIT! YUM!

Used this for a dip with the brick of cream cheese and jar of marshmellow cream! It was yummy! :)

Last night we tried all of the dips, rubs and sprinkles. Oh my - what a spread! The Lemon Sprinkle and the Sweet Apple Sprinkles - each mixed with cream cheese -- even one who didn't like cream cheese scarfing these up! My fav - the rasp habanero on cream cheese was AWESOME, pineapple rum was likewise good. I'm personally not a fan of the Thai Peanut nor Maple Honey Mustard - very strong; but the Ginger Waabi was interesting - a little spicy. I'm definitely a fan of the raspberry! Oh yeah.

sih said:
Used this for a dip with the brick of cream cheese and jar of marshmellow cream! It was yummy! :)

Oh yeah it was!!!!

;)

Used these for pork chops last night. Fantastic! I use a 50/50 blend of butter and olive oil for sauteing. I sprinkled just enough Sweet Apple Sprinkle to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Then I added just a light sprinkle of onion powder. Sauteed the pork chops until they were done. Tada! Delicious.

Rae, I've been baking porkchops (boneless about half-pound each). I sprinkle each side with both Chipotle Rub AND the Sweet Apple Sprinkle. Spritz'm with olive oil, then put them on a bar pan in a preheated 400 degree oven. 30 minutes and they're terrific. I think the Sweet Apple Sprinkle tames the Chipotle and leaves a faint apple taste that everybody seems to enjoy.

Good idea, Dave. Unfortunately the Chipotle Rub would kill The Furry Guy.

I tried the apple sprinkles on salmon. First time I just sprinkled it on after cooking the salmon. It was good. Last night I poured it all over the salmon before baking. It was almost too much. I probably should have used a little fat to get it more melted. I was going for a bit of a sweet crust. I liked it more than my husband did, but he's a steak fan. Because I cook most nights he gets fish once a week.

Not thrilled with the raw taste of the lemon sprinkles. I thought I would like them a lot more.

Becca_in_MD said:
I tried the apple sprinkles on salmon. First time I just sprinkled it on after cooking the salmon. It was good. Last night I poured it all over the salmon before baking. It was almost too much. I probably should have used a little fat to get it more melted. I was going for a bit of a sweet crust. I liked it more than my husband did, but he's a steak fan. Because I cook most nights he gets fish once a week.

Not thrilled with the raw taste of the lemon sprinkles. I thought I would like them a lot more.

The Wasabi sauce is GREAT on salmon!!! My husband marinated it in the Wasabi sauce for 30-40 minutes and grilled it in the grill pan....WOW!!:thumbup:

I've used the Apple Sprinkles in my oatmeal. We make it the old-fashioned way...I've been putting the sprinkles, with a little bit of brown sugar (not sweet enough for my taste with JUST the sprinkles...but probably for some would be ok). It was very good! Tasted alot like the instant Apple Oatmeal you get from a box :) I also had sprinkled just a bit of regular cinnamon- so it was more like an Apple Cinnamon oatmeal. YUM.I am wanting to try to make a cream cheese spread with some of the sprinkles. Soften some cream cheese, add a splash of vanilla maybe, and the sprinkles. I do this normally with vanilla and brown sugar, but wanted to try the sprinkles. I especially want to try this with the HWC Honey Vanilla sprinkles! But I love this spread on my bagels or as a dip for apples/fruit. I also sometimes make my own yogurt, so I'm curious if the sprinkles might work in to flavor them a bit...not sure about that, but worth a shot!I'd love to see more "recipes" you all are trying with the sprinkles. At some point, maybe I'll get a chance to go back through and make a recipe booklet for them or something.... just not enough "recipes" to go with our sprinkles and sauces!

<h2>What is the Sweet Apple Sprinkle and how can I use it?</h2><p>The Sweet Apple Sprinkle is a new product from Pampered Chef that adds a delicious apple flavor to any dish. It can be used in both sweet and savory recipes, making it a versatile ingredient for any spring dish.</p><h2>Can I use the Sweet Apple Sprinkle in baking?</h2><p>Absolutely! The Sweet Apple Sprinkle is perfect for adding an extra layer of apple flavor to your baked goods. Try sprinkling it on top of muffins, breads, or even in your pie crust for a delicious twist on classic recipes.</p><h2>What are some savory dishes I can use the Sweet Apple Sprinkle in?</h2><p>The Sweet Apple Sprinkle is not just for sweet dishes! It can also add a unique and delicious flavor to savory dishes. Try using it in glazes for pork or chicken, or sprinkle it on top of roasted vegetables for a tasty side dish.</p><h2>Are there any cocktails that can be made with the Sweet Apple Sprinkle?</h2><p>Yes, the Sweet Apple Sprinkle is a great addition to cocktails! Try mixing it with some apple cider and rum for a delicious fall-inspired drink, or add it to a Moscow Mule for a refreshing twist on a classic cocktail.</p><h2>Can I use the Sweet Apple Sprinkle as a seasoning?</h2><p>Yes, the Sweet Apple Sprinkle can be used as a seasoning for meats, vegetables, and even popcorn! It adds a delicious apple flavor and a touch of sweetness to any dish.</p>

What is the Sweet Apple Sprinkle and how can I use it?

The Sweet Apple Sprinkle is a new product from Pampered Chef that adds a delicious apple flavor to any dish. It can be used in both sweet and savory recipes, making it a versatile ingredient for any spring dish.

Can I use the Sweet Apple Sprinkle in baking?

Absolutely! The Sweet Apple Sprinkle is perfect for adding an extra layer of apple flavor to your baked goods. Try sprinkling it on top of muffins, breads, or even in your pie crust for a delicious twist on classic recipes.

What are some savory dishes I can use the Sweet Apple Sprinkle in?

The Sweet Apple Sprinkle is not just for sweet dishes! It can also add a unique and delicious flavor to savory dishes. Try using it in glazes for pork or chicken, or sprinkle it on top of roasted vegetables for a tasty side dish.

Are there any cocktails that can be made with the Sweet Apple Sprinkle?

Yes, the Sweet Apple Sprinkle is a great addition to cocktails! Try mixing it with some apple cider and rum for a delicious fall-inspired drink, or add it to a Moscow Mule for a refreshing twist on a classic cocktail.

Can I use the Sweet Apple Sprinkle as a seasoning?

Yes, the Sweet Apple Sprinkle can be used as a seasoning for meats, vegetables, and even popcorn! It adds a delicious apple flavor and a touch of sweetness to any dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
Replies
Views
JAE