• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sweet and Sour Sauce Ideas Needed

In summary, some common ingredients in sweet and sour sauce include vinegar, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, and cornstarch. However, sugar can be substituted with healthier alternatives like honey or fruit juices. Sweet and sour sauce pairs well with a variety of dishes and can be thickened with cornstarch or flour. It can also be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
What do you use it with/for. I am giving it as an auction item for a quarter auction and I want a good description for it. THanks in advanced :)

The most obvious one is to make a stir fry. Just cook chicken, add some frozen stir fry veggies, and pour over. Great on top of rice.

Also, tastes really good over lil smokies

If you have the DCB cookbook you can include the recipe that calls for this. Cannot remember the name but it had lasagna noodles in it.

When I do quarter auctions I used the description in the book

what is a quarter auction?

The one I am doing is a fundraiser. There are 6-10 vendors (depending on space and amount of people expected to come) and we all have our tables set up and donate 2 items, ranging from $0-$24 and $25- $50. People that come to the auction by numbered auction paddles fro $3, and can buy as many as they want, and then they buy lots of quarters for the auction. During the auction the $24 and less items are 1 quarter bids, the over $25 are 2 quarter bids. When an item comes up for bid those who want the item raise up their paddles (just one or all of them), they then put either 1 or 2quarters in the basket for each paddle they raise. Then the auctionier picka number from a bin and whoever has that paddle number (if it was raised) wins the item. The vendor then gets however many quarters were put into the basket for that item from all the bidders. The organization for the fundraiser gets all the paddle sales and whatever us vendors want to donate from sales.

What are some common ingredients in sweet and sour sauce?

Some common ingredients in sweet and sour sauce include vinegar, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, and cornstarch.

Can I make a sweet and sour sauce without using sugar?

Yes, you can substitute sugar with honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar for a healthier alternative. You can also use fruit juices like pineapple or orange juice for a natural sweetness.

What dishes pair well with sweet and sour sauce?

Sweet and sour sauce is versatile and pairs well with many dishes such as stir-fry, meatballs, chicken, and tofu. It also works well as a dipping sauce for egg rolls, spring rolls, and dumplings.

How do I thicken sweet and sour sauce?

You can thicken sweet and sour sauce by adding cornstarch or flour to a small amount of cold water to make a slurry. Then, stir the slurry into the sauce and let it simmer until it thickens to your desired consistency.

Can I make sweet and sour sauce ahead of time?

Yes, you can make sweet and sour sauce ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Just reheat it before using and add a little water if needed to adjust the consistency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • ChefKeender
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefKeender
  • laylaleigh
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies