• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe with Ramen Noodles | Season Best Inspired

or any other veggie of your choice! 1/2 cup (120 mL) soy sauce 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder 1/2 tsp (2 mL) onion powder 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground white pepper 1/2 cup (120 mL) cornstarch 1/2 cup (120 mL) water 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 lb (250 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into
kewaters
Does anyone have a recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken? I know it's in an older Season Best, and might have a slightly different name. I'm pretty sure you use ramen noodles, pineapple chunks, chicken and sweet and sour sauce. I'm at work and don't have the recipe to look over before dinner. Thanks in advance!

I'm on CC looking right now and so far with pineapple this is what I've found, but it's pork not chicken and no ramen noodles..

The Pampered Chef ®
Sweet & Sour Pork & Pineapple Stir-Fry
Recipe

1 lb (450 g) pork tenderloin
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
2 tbsp (30 mL) plus 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch, divided
2 cups (500 mL) fresh sugar snap peas (about 7 oz/212 g)
1 medium pineapple
3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
1/3 cup (75 mL) apricot preserves
1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick (1-cm) wedges (optional)
3 cups (750 mL) hot cooked rice (optional)

On Cutting Board, trim fat and silver skin from pork tenderloin using Boning Knife. Slice pork lengthwise into four strips. Thinly slice strips crosswise. Combine pork, salt and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the cornstarch in Classic Batter Bowl; set aside.

On Large Grooved Cutting Board, cut peas in half crosswise using Utility Knife. Slice top and bottom off of pineapple using Santoku Knife, creating a flat base. Stand pineapple upright; use Pineapple Wedger to core and peel. Set aside half of the pineapple for another use. Slice remaining pineapple flesh lengthwise into four strips. Cut strips crosswise into 1/4-in. (6-mm) pieces. For sauce, combine soy sauce, vinegar and remaining cornstarch in Small Batter Bowl; whisk well. Add preserves and whisk well; set aside.

Add oil to (12-in./30-cm) Skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Place pork into Skillet in a single layer and cook undisturbed 4-6 minutes or until browned on one side. Turn pork over using Sauté Tongs and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Add onion, if desired. Cook 30-60 seconds or until onion begins to brown. Reduce heat to medium; add peas, pineapple and sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly. Serve with stir-fry rice, if desired.

Yield: 4 servings

Per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 41 g, Protein 28 g, Sodium 1040 mg, Fiber 3 g

This one has ramen noodles but again no chicken (although it's offered as a subsitute) and also no pineapple...hmmm...I bet neither are what you're looking for..sigh

The Pampered Chef ®
Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet
Recipe

2 medium carrots, peeled
1 medium red bell pepper
5-6 green onions with tops (about 1 1/4 cups/300 mL sliced), divided
2 pork tenderloins (about 1 lb/450 g each)
2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp (30 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix
4 pkg (85 g each) oriental-flavor instant noodles
1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
4 cups (1 L) water

Cut carrots into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Cut bell pepper lengthwise into 1/4-in. (6-mm) strips using Chef's Knife. Slice green onions; set aside tops for garnish.

Using Boning Knife, trim fat and silver skin from pork. Slice pork lengthwise into four strips. Thinly slice strips crosswise. Combine pork, sesame oil, seasoning mix and two of the instant noodle seasoning packets in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well.

Add vegetable oil to (12-in./30-cm) Skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add half of the pork. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until browned; remove pork from Skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.

Add carrots and bell pepper to Skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add water and remaining seasoning packets; stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of Skillet using Bamboo Spatula. Add noodles and white parts of green onions to Skillet. Cover; bring to a boil and cook 4-5 minutes or until noodles are softened. Add pork; remove Skillet from heat and let stand, covered, 3-4 minutes or until pork is heated through. Garnish with reserved green onion tops.

Yield: 6 servings

Per serving: Calories 510, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 39 g, Sodium 1300 mg, Fiber 3 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 2 lb (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips, can be substituted for the pork tenderloins.

The Pampered Chef ®
Glazed Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
Recipe

2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
1 1-in. (2.5 cm) piece peeled fresh gingerroot
1 cup (250 mL) pineapple juice
1/2 cup (125 mL) hoisin sauce
2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
4 tbsp (60 mL) cornstarch, divided
1/2 tsp (2 mL) red curry paste
1/2 red bell pepper
1 cup (250 mL) chopped bok choy
1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tbsp (30 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix
1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
Shredded napa cabbage and peeled, julienne-cut carrot (optional)

Place broccoli florets and 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water in Large Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or just until broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain broccoli; immediately plunge into Stainless (4-qt./4 L) Mixing Bowl filled with ice water. Let stand until cool; drain and set aside.

Finely chop gingerroot using Food Chopper. Combine gingerroot, pineapple juice, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the cornstarch and curry paste in Small Batter Bowl; whisk using Stainless Whisk and set aside.

Slice bell pepper into thin strips using Utility Knife. Chop bok choy using Santoku Knife. Combine chicken with remaining 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch and seasoning mix in Classic Batter Bowl.

Heat Stir-Fry Skillet over medium-high heat until drop of water sizzles. Add oil and chicken; cook 7-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning with Chef's Tongs. Remove chicken from Skillet; set aside. To same Skillet, add bell pepper and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Cook and stir with Bamboo Spatulas 3-5 minutes or until pepper is tender. Add hoisin sauce mixture, bok choy and broccoli. Cook 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. If desired, serve vegetables over shredded napa cabbage and peeled, julienne-cut carrot. Top with chicken and serve.

Yield: 4 servings

Per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 30 g, Sodium 1070 mg, Fiber 3 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, this stir-fry can be served over hot cooked rice noodles that have been drained and tossed with a small amount of sesame oil and julienne-cut carrots.

You can also save a step and blanch broccoli at the same time by adding to the pasta cooking water 2 minutes before noodles are done cooking.

Okay I went through all 10 Season's Best online 2009 - 2005 and didn't find anything else, sorry hun!

Also fast sweet & sour....

Brown sugar, grain or deli mustard & saucy susan AKA duck sauce...HTH

Thanks for the feedback! I found it at home in one of the really old SB cookbooks, but didn't end up making it. Might have to try the recipes above instead, they sound delicious!

kewaters said:
Thanks for the feedback! I found it at home in one of the really old SB cookbooks, but didn't end up making it. Might have to try the recipes above instead, they sound delicious!

So what's the 'real' name of the recipe you were looking for and how old is that S/B? :)

I just came across this post...I also am looking for this very old sweet and sour chicken recipe. My father, who is 86, has been making this recipe for years. It is one of his favorites. Unfortunately we cannot find his cookbook. I know it is a pampered chef recipe and the ingredients include chicken, pineapple, red pepper, and instant Raman noodle package. Please help...I would love to be able to give this recipe to my father. I am thinking the cookbook must adage back to the 1990s...or maybe early 2000s. Thanks!!!!

kewaters said:
I just came across this post...I also am looking for this very old sweet and sour chicken recipe. My father, who is 86, has been making this recipe for years. It is one of his favorites. Unfortunately we cannot find his cookbook. I know it is a pampered chef recipe and the ingredients include chicken, pineapple, red pepper, and instant Raman noodle package. Please help...I would love to be able to give this recipe to my father. I am thinking the cookbook must adage back to the 1990s...or maybe early 2000s. Thanks!!!!

kewaters said:

Here is the recipe: from Pampered Chef Doris Christopher's Classics cookbookIngredientsbell pepper, chopped (red )
  • oil
  • 2(3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
  • 1⁄2cup sweet and sour sauce

Directions

1. Drain the pineapple juice into a measuring cup and add enough water to measure 2 cups; set aside.
  2. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and season with ginger. Heat a bit of oil and stir fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes.
  3. Add the pineapple juice and bring to a boil. Break the noodles into pieces and add to the skillet with the seasoning packets.
  4. Bring back to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 3 minutes until the noodles are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
  5. Add the sweet and sour sauce, pepper, onion, and pineapple. Cook until the peppers are tender-crisp.

The recipe from kcjodih sounds good

1. What ingredients do I need to make Sweet and Sour Chicken?

To make Sweet and Sour Chicken, you will need boneless chicken breast, bell peppers, pineapple chunks, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, and vegetable oil.

2. How do I prepare the chicken for Sweet and Sour Chicken?

The chicken should be cut into bite-sized pieces and marinated in a mixture of soy sauce and cornstarch for at least 30 minutes before cooking.

3. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use pork or tofu as a substitute for chicken in this recipe. Be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Can I make this dish vegetarian?

Yes, you can make a vegetarian version of Sweet and Sour Chicken by using tofu as the protein and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.

5. What is the best way to serve Sweet and Sour Chicken?

Sweet and Sour Chicken is best served over a bed of rice with the sauce poured on top. You can also add some steamed vegetables for a complete meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
linojackie
  • kdangel518
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • batroark