1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Swedish Meatballs questions

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Has anyone made the Swedish Meatballs from 29 Min. 2 yet? Any tips? How did they turn out? How much sauce was there? I'm just trying to decide what else to serve with it. I didn't want to do the fingerling potatoes thing. I do have regular potatoes that I could bake or something. Just wasn't sure what else goes good w/ Swedish meatballs. Rice, pasta?

Oh, and this is a dumb question I'm sure...but what is the best way to make bread crumbs from the french bread? Mine is a couple days old, but it's been in a ziplock bag and is still soft. Do I put it in the oven--what temp, how long?

Apr 9, 2009
  2. babywings76

bumping...

I still haven't made these, so if anyone has any advice fire away! ;)

Apr 14, 2009
  3. babywings76

Well, I made these tonight (will use my leftover chicken with the sun-dried tomatoes seasoning another day...) since I needed to use up the ground turkey (almost forgot I had it!)

I'm not too big of a fan of this recipe. I remember having swedish meatballs once as a child, and they were "real" swedish meatballs. These didn't taste familiar to me, and thought they were a bit blah, other than the cinnamon spice blend seasoning that I can still taste.

I just served it over rice since I didn't have fingerling potatoes. I also just used regular bread crumbs (not fresh, since I didn't have the french bread any longer).

I'll have to wait for DH to get home and eat it before I make a final judgement, but so far I think I'd skip making them again.

Apr 14, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I don't care for Swedish Meatballs myself - so this is one of the few recipes in the new cookbook that didn't interest me.

Apr 14, 2009
  5. babywings76

DH ended up liking it, and really liking the gravy part. So he's getting all the leftovers. (I'll eat some of the leftover Chicken Mexican Lasagna I made yesterday.) ;)

Apr 14, 2009
Have something to add?