• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Swedish Meatballs: Any Tips for Making Them Perfectly?

In summary, the Swedish Meatballs from 29 Min. 2 did not appeal to either of the two people who made them. The bread crumbs were not fresh, and the recipe as a whole was not very flavorful.
babywings76
Gold Member
Has anyone made the Swedish Meatballs from 29 Min. 2 yet? Any tips? How did they turn out? How much sauce was there? I'm just trying to decide what else to serve with it. I didn't want to do the fingerling potatoes thing. I do have regular potatoes that I could bake or something. Just wasn't sure what else goes good w/ Swedish meatballs. Rice, pasta?

Oh, and this is a dumb question I'm sure...but what is the best way to make bread crumbs from the french bread? Mine is a couple days old, but it's been in a ziplock bag and is still soft. Do I put it in the oven--what temp, how long?

bumping...I still haven't made these, so if anyone has any advice fire away! ;)

Well, I made these tonight (will use my leftover chicken with the sun-dried tomatoes seasoning another day...) since I needed to use up the ground turkey (almost forgot I had it!)I'm not too big of a fan of this recipe. I remember having swedish meatballs once as a child, and they were "real" swedish meatballs. These didn't taste familiar to me, and thought they were a bit blah, other than the cinnamon spice blend seasoning that I can still taste.I just served it over rice since I didn't have fingerling potatoes. I also just used regular bread crumbs (not fresh, since I didn't have the french bread any longer).I'll have to wait for DH to get home and eat it before I make a final judgement, but so far I think I'd skip making them again.

I don't care for Swedish Meatballs myself - so this is one of the few recipes in the new cookbook that didn't interest me.

DH ended up liking it, and really liking the gravy part. So he's getting all the leftovers. (I'll eat some of the leftover Chicken Mexican Lasagna I made yesterday.) ;)

1. How do I make Swedish meatballs from scratch?

To make Swedish meatballs from scratch, you will need ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, eggs, milk, onion, garlic, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Mix all the ingredients together and form into small balls. Cook in a skillet until browned on all sides.

2. Can I use frozen meatballs for Swedish meatballs?

Yes, you can use frozen meatballs for Swedish meatballs. Simply thaw them before cooking and follow the same cooking instructions for homemade meatballs.

3. What kind of sauce should I serve with Swedish meatballs?

The traditional sauce for Swedish meatballs is a creamy gravy made with beef broth, heavy cream, and Worcestershire sauce. You can also use a lingonberry sauce for a sweet and tangy flavor.

4. Can I make Swedish meatballs in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make Swedish meatballs in a slow cooker. Simply mix all the ingredients together, form into balls, and place them in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.

5. What are some side dishes that go well with Swedish meatballs?

Some popular side dishes to serve with Swedish meatballs include mashed potatoes, lingonberry jam, boiled or roasted vegetables, and lingonberry sauce. You can also serve them over egg noodles or with a side of lingonberry jam for dipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies