• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Want to Run a Step Up Your Business Class for Chef Success Members?

In summary, Greg has done 2 Step Up Your Business classes now for the Chef Success members who don't have supportive uplines & someone's asking for #3. Laurie jumped in & helped with a couple of the calls on the 2nd session. Anyone else want a turn? I don't mind running them, but I've just been really drained lately & just don't have the energy right now to do a 3rd one. And I though maybe someone else would like a turn to give back a little. ;)
Sheila
Gold Member
I've done 2 Step Up Your Business classes now for the Chef Success members who don't have supportive uplines & someone's asking for #3. Laurie jumped in & helped with a couple of the calls on the 2nd session. Anyone else want a turn? I don't mind running them, but I've just been really drained lately & just don't have the energy right now to do a 3rd one. And I though maybe someone else would like a turn to give back a little. ;)

It is fun & rewarding! Even when they are not part of your team, it's fun (at least it is for me) to see them make progress and grow their teams. I really LOVE knowing that I'm changing lives and it's super fun to get their feedback long after the class has ended on how they are still making progress.

You can still invite your team to participate too. Class #1, I had 101 people register! I had to cut it back on Class #2 to 20. It was just too many to try to keep up with the first time!!!

If you think you might be interested, here's the post on Chef Success asking for a class: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f42/another-step-up-your-business-class-72004/

Greg made us a SUYB forum a while back on CS, so anyone who wants to do the class can use that forum to coordinate with your group.

Everyone has different methods of teaching, so I think it would be great for the group to get a new perspective! :D

Great idea Sheila!! Let me know if you need anything!

Wow. Not one brave soul in the bunch?This is how we pay-it-forward! :D What you put out into the universe will be returned. ;)

Sheila, It is great that you did the SUYB for ChefSuccess. I pay it forward with hospitality consultants in my area. They are pretty much treated like my own downline. Everyone has to choose their way of giving back.

I have lots of hospitality in Okinawa & Tokyo too. Haven't really met any consultants in Dallas yet. I saw a car logo & called the girl to introduce myself. She was pretty clear that she's doing PC as a hobby, has a lot of health issues & not interested in meetings. All the others that I've met in this area are actively involved with their own local uplines. Hoping to connect with some Dallas area people soon. I love doing meetings & love hospitality and really miss not being able to do that! :(I, in no way, was trying to insinuate that only doing hospitality is insufficient. It's great! I just figured there was more than just me & Laurie on this board who might be interested in doing a SUYB for Chef Success to branch out a little more. I thought I was being polite in offering to let someone else have a turn.

The first post was politely offering. The 2nd one seemed to be more to guilt people into volunteering. Personally, I am quite busy with 3 shows a week throughout this month and also next...and my own team, plus several hospitality cons. Who recently lost 2 layers of their up line, and Cub Scouts, and volunteering with my church and my son's school...and I would think I am not alone in these types of commitments. I don't think most of us need to chastised or scolded for not taking on this commitment. And that's how the 2nd post felt to me.

I was actually joking when I posted that 2nd comment. I apologize if it came off with a different tone. My intention was not to be rude to anyone.

If no one here is interested or currently has the time ... no worries. I've done quite a few with my own downline & hospitality and then the 2 classes for the CS members and they are MUCH easier to do when I have a hubby in the house to let me have uninterrupted time. Having little ones not wanting to go to bed on the ONE night that I'm trying to do a class each week seems to be my luck. It's much harder to concentrate when playing the single parent role of toddlers. LOL I love doing these but haven't been feeling well for several weeks & just don't feel like committing myself to this right now either. I thought perhaps someone else might jump at the opportunity to do one. Apparently I was incorrect in that assumption. We each get to choose when/how we work. Hospitality is something that most of us consider the nice thing to do, but there are a lot of Directors who choose not to participate with hospitality at all. Doing a SUYB class for the Chef Success members is definitely NOT considered to be something we are obligated to do as a Director. I know that some of you are members on that forum and feel a bond to the other members, so I was simply putting it out there to see if anyone else would be interested. When I'm feeling better, I'll do another one. If any of the CS members feel they really need a class before I'm ready to do another one, they can go to their upline or local hospitality to see if someone they already know is doing a class. There's absolutely no expectation or pressure from me for anyone on this forum to step in & take over. ;)

Sheila said:
I was actually joking when I posted that 2nd comment. I apologize if it came off with a different tone. My intention was not to be rude to anyone.
While you had all the smiley faces, it did not appear to be a joke and definitely seemed more of a guilt trip. Thanks for the apology.

To be completely honest, not only do I not have the time, I have no desire to go out of my way to help most of the people on CS. Many of them are actually inactive and are just there to bitch and whine and stir things up. I find myself going there less frequently these days. The ones I do associate with are on my fb. I'm willing to help someone when they ask, but I'm not willing to take up my time or go that much out of my way. Sorry. And, yes, I too took that as chastsing.

I've gotten 2 great team members from CS and an abundance of friends. I'm more than happy to help the ones who want to be helped. But I agree, life is too short to waste time on the ones who try to suck the energy out of us. I'm a teacher at heart & more than happy to help anyone who wants help, when I'm able to help. I love teaching too much to give up on the whole bunch just because there's a couple of rotten apples. LOL

1. What is "Suyb Clsss for Chef Success"?

"Suyb Clsss for Chef Success" is a comprehensive online course designed to help aspiring chefs and restaurant owners learn the necessary skills and strategies for success in the culinary industry.

2. Who is this course intended for?

This course is intended for anyone who is passionate about cooking and wants to pursue a career as a professional chef or open their own restaurant. It is suitable for beginners as well as experienced chefs looking to expand their knowledge and skills.

3. What topics are covered in this course?

This course covers a wide range of topics including basic cooking techniques, menu planning and development, kitchen management, marketing and branding, and financial management. It also includes hands-on activities and real-life case studies to help students apply their learning.

4. How is the course delivered?

The course is delivered entirely online through a user-friendly platform. Students can access the course materials, video lectures, and assignments at their own pace and from any device with an internet connection.

5. Is there a certificate or accreditation upon completion?

Yes, students who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of completion. This course is not accredited by any specific institution, but the knowledge and skills gained can greatly benefit aspiring chefs and restaurant owners in their career pursuits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ilovpc
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • naekelsey