• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suyb 2011: Get Acquainted - the Recruiting Interview

In summary, communication is a two-way street, meaning that it involves both parties actively participating and listening. This is similar to a recruiting interview, where the focus should be on the prospect and not just on the recruiter talking. It is important to ask questions and listen to the prospect's needs and interests. Before diving into the recruiting booklet, it is recommended to thank the prospect for meeting, build rapport, and get better acquainted by asking questions such as why they decided to meet and what relevant experiences or organizations they have. This helps the recruiter understand their level of interest and how The Pampered Chef® can meet their needs. Finally, it is important to let the prospect know that the opportunity will be discussed in more detail using the information gathered.
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
Have you ever heard the phrase - “Communication is a two-way street”? What does that mean to you?

The recruiting interview is also a two-way street.
• It’s a conversation which focuses on the potential Consultant’s needs and interests.
• The best way to learn about someone’s needs and get acquainted is to ask questions and listen!

Think about a job interview for a minute. Is the communication one-way or two-way? Who is the focus on, and who’s doing most of the talking during an interview?
(The applicant!)

The recruiting interview is similar to a job interview. We need to make sure we’re focused on the prospect, and that we’re not doing all the talking. Remember – ask questions and listen!

Imagine you’re about to conduct a recruiting interview. Before you even open the Join Us! Recruiting Booklet, you want to begin the conversation with three simple steps:
• Thank your prospect for meeting with you.
• Build rapport by offering a compliment or refer to common ground (like where you met).
• Get better acquainted.

The third step, get better acquainted, helps you discover what your prospect is thinking and feeling. There are five questions that can help during this step.

QUESTION #1
“Tell me, why did you decide to meet with me today?”
• Why would this be the first question to ask? You ask this question because you want to know your prospect’s level of interest. Is the prospect just thinking about it or has she already decided?

Think back to when you talked with your recruiter about joining The Pampered Chef®. Why did you decide to meet with her or him?

QUESTION #2
“Have you ever done anything like this before?”
• Did any of you have other direct sales experience?
• How could you respond if the prospect’s experience was positive? That will really help you to be successful with The Pampered Chef®!
• How could you respond if the prospect’s experience was negative? I’m notan expert on XYZ company, but I do know about The Pampered Chef®, and myexperience has been ______________.”

QUESTION #3
“What other work experiences have you had?”
• You want to help your prospect realize that they already have experience and skills that will help them be successful.

QUESTION #4
“What clubs or organizations do you belong to? What activities are your children involved in?”
• Write the names of your first five hosts on a piece of paper. Then, write down how you knew each of them.

QUESTION #5
“I’m curious, how would your family feel if you decided to do this?”
• What are some answers we might get to this question? Why is it important
to know this? This question helps you understand how much they’ve already thought about the business and discussed it with others.

Now that you’ve gotten acquainted with your prospect, it’s easy to transition to the first page of the booklet.

“Well, (name), from what you’ve said so far, it sounds like we should talk about The Pampered Chef® opportunity in more detail, so you can tell if it would be a good fit. Let’s take a look at the booklet, because it’ll help us make sure we answer all your questions.”

Getting acquainted is not about specific “magic” questions. Successful recruiters tell us that it’s about:
• Asking and listening more about your prospect.
• Talking less about yourself and your experience.
• Use the information you learn to help your prospect see how The Pampered Chef® can meet their needs.

There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don't know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added www.chefsuccess.com to FeedBurner as well

To me, the phrase "communication is a two-way street" means that effective communication requires both parties to actively participate and listen to each other. It's not just about one person talking and the other person listening, but rather a back-and-forth exchange of ideas, thoughts, and feelings. In the context of a recruiting interview, this means that both the recruiter and the prospect should be actively engaged in the conversation and sharing information with each other. The focus should be on the prospect's needs and interests, and the recruiter should be asking questions and listening in order to better understand and address those needs. This approach can help build rapport and ultimately lead to a successful recruiting process.

What is Suyb 2011: Get Acquainted - the Recruiting Interview?

Suyb 2011: Get Acquainted - the Recruiting Interview is a program designed to help individuals looking for job opportunities to get to know the company they are applying to and to showcase their skills and qualifications through a formal interview process.

Who can participate in Suyb 2011: Get Acquainted - the Recruiting Interview?

Anyone who is interested in a job opportunity with the company and meets the qualifications can participate in the program. This includes recent graduates, experienced professionals, and individuals looking for career changes.

What is the purpose of Suyb 2011: Get Acquainted - the Recruiting Interview?

The main purpose of the program is to allow the company to get to know potential candidates and for candidates to get to know the company. This helps both parties determine if they are a good fit for each other and increases the chances of a successful employment relationship.

What can I expect during the Suyb 2011: Get Acquainted - the Recruiting Interview?

The program typically includes a series of interviews with different members of the company's team, as well as presentations and informational sessions about the company. Candidates may also be asked to participate in group activities and exercises to showcase their skills and abilities.

How do I apply for Suyb 2011: Get Acquainted - the Recruiting Interview?

Candidates can apply for the program through the company's website or through a job posting. They may also be invited to participate in the program after submitting their application for a specific job opening.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
stefani2
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies