• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suyb 2011 Discussion: Where's the Lead?

No, I haven't done that yet. I will. Thanks for the idea. To be honest, I've been working on this list, but I haven't been making phone calls, etc. I'm going to start on that today. I've been reviewing the products and reading the recipe book to get familar with them. I'm trying to get back into the groove of working. I'm feeling overwhelmed, but I just need to break it down into do-able steps. I've been doing some stuff, but not enough. I'm going to print out my list and start calling people. I need to get over the fear of the phone. It's just a
Sheila
Gold Member
W - waiting areas / word of mouth / welcome baskets / wedding expo
H - hosts / health club / holiday gatherings / hiring fairs / hotels
E - educators / elementary schools / employment office
R - referrals / restaurants / realtors / reunions / receptions
E' - everywhere / local eatery / event planners
S - shows / schools / sales clerks / sports events / Sunday school / stores

T - teachers / three foot rule (always talk to anyone who comes in three feet of of you!) / telephone books
H - hair salon / home room moms / husband's workplace / hospitals
E - elevators / social events

L - standing in lines / legal offices / LPN's / luncheons / libraries
E- exercise class / executive offices / elementary schools
A - business associates / advertising / airplanes / air force base / amusement parks / attorney offices
D - dentist offices / day care providers / doctor offices / day spas / decorators

***Add your ideas!

If you see one that sparks a name you could add to your list of 100, do it! Then of course, follow up with them. ;)

So far, I only have a couple (I'm terrible at stuff like this!)W - Wal-mart (Ive had several people talk to me in the line because of my tote or shirt)
W -Weight-Watchers meetings
W - weight LIFTING room at the gym....have a Logo Bag there! E - Expos S - Scouts group/meetings (I'm a leader...and have met tons of folks in the last year...just need to follow up with them and make a few into business leads!)
S - School Field Trips/ Co-op groups
S - Street Fairs
D - Deli-counter (Have recipe book open and in hand when purchasing cheeses or meats! Maybe even have my apron on too!)Still thinking/looking, so may add more later.

Last edited:
W:
Walking at the Mall
Work
(Facebook) WallT:
Tae Kwon Do class
TheaterD:
Dance class
Diner
Dry CleanerS:
(Walking down the) SidewalkMany of my others were taken...still brainstorming....

I also tried to think of one person's name for each of the letters that I could contact. I know these would be different for each one of us, but it's just a thought I had!

sherri lynn said:
I also tried to think of one person's name for each of the letters that I could contact. I know these would be different for each one of us, but it's just a thought I had!

Good idea!

Can I say that there WAY TOO MANY "e"s in this? Maybe change it to "da" instead of "the"? UGH!

Anyways...here's mine...

Winery
Homework help, household store,
Everywhere!, ENT
Rest stop, restaurant, reading room
Elephant display, elephant bar
School, store, support group

Touring group, traveling stop
Homegroup,
Elephant bar

Ladie's room, lunch room, lobby,
Eye doctor
Acting class, Avenue store,
Dining room, dessert shop

D = Dressing room ....RIGHT CK?! ;)

Here goes nothing. I've been avoiding this but I need to do it and be finished. I've ACTUALLY picked up the phone today with some OK results. I started with the easy stuff, but it's a start. I printed out everyone who's bought an Ultimate Mandoline from me and I've been calling them to tell them about the new replacement part. It's not commissionable sales, but it's a start. I have a lukewarm party lead from it as a result. She will probably bite around Christmas because she's a past host whose discount has expired. She'll get a gift certificate with her calendar...

W - work, Wal-Mart (not really, hate the place), weddings
H - hair salons,
E - elementary schools
R - restaurants, realtors
E - Emmet's Pub
S - Sam's Club, Spas, St Pius (church)

T - town hall, tanning salon (if I used them...)
H - Hu Hot (restaurant), hospitals
E - everywhere

L - library
E - engine check (auto repair shops/oil change places)
A - anywhere, Applebees, Apple City Family Restaurant
D - Drama club, DQ, dentist, deli

notice a theme? I did and I was trying to think of other answers!!

Nicole, I'm going to wake the kids laughing at your "Where's da lead" comment! BwahahaJane, great idea calling the past mandoline customers! I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you'll be able to order it for them for another 5 weeks. That might be an idea that you want to save for the last week of July unless I'm wrong & we can order it sooner. ;)

Great brainstorming. And as we keep playing this game, you'll find more and more ideas pop up. Everyone had some really good ones that I'll be totally snagging and sharing with others.

Jane, I am happy you are working through the growing pains of doing it. Picking up the phone is great.

Other thoughts: Have you thought about calling those who have cookware on their wishlist or who have already bought some cookware to let them know about our August host special?

Nicole....love "da"...I thought the e's were hard too when I first did this activity a while back.

Here's mine...not sure if they're repeated, you'll see a theme with mine too...he he.

W - Weddings and Showers, Wherever I am and there's at least one person! lol
H - Hotels (it's vacation time) - hotel staff and lobby guests
E - Elevator/Escalator
R - Roommate's Friends - Old Roommates count too
E - Everywhere - If I'm walking around and there's a chance to connect, then it's fair game
' - Bonus Spot - Letter of My Choice - Get together's and Potlucks
S - Showers - Baby Showers

T - Three Foot Rule - If you're within 3 ft of me, you're fair game. Tellers - Bank Tellers or even Cashiers
H - Home - any visitors..friends, any sales person who knocks on my door
E - Errands - When I am out and about

L - Lunches - Whenever I'm invited to lunch, I hit up the bunch, the server and even the people who are eating at the restaurant
E - Events - Sporting, Kids, Networking, Church
A - Appointments - MD, Dentist, Hair, Nails
D - Daily - Make a game/challenge to find one person (increasing to 3 then to 5 as you feel more comfortable) to make 1 new contact daily
? - Bonus - My Choice - Anyone who shows a great attitude would be a great addition to your team. Everyone should have a chance to give our biz a try.

Now, I'll have nothing to say next week! LOL

sherri lynn said:

Love it! Going to add that to my bag of tricks! ;) Thanks!

We won't do this again next week. ;)

Sheila said:
We won't do this again next week. ;)

LOL....I know. I was joking along the line that everyone is an opportunity waiting for you. :)

esavvymom said:
D = Dressing room ....RIGHT CK?! ;)

Muey Bueno Baby!!

I talk LOUD now on purpose...before it was just habit! LOL!!

Finally! My loud mouth is a positive instead of a negative!Thank you!

LOL

(I despise having to say more to submit a post sometimes! LOL)

s = swimming pool, seaside activities, shut-ins (nursing homes and/or in own home - can take recipes, do a show for them so they can invite people in to visit)
d = driving (use car logos)
t = technology (computer - emails/facebook), travel agents
r = restrooms, relaxing @ lake, RV shows/dealers/owners, religious gathering (i.e. church or Bible Study), rodeo
h = hot spots around town - where are all the people? :)
l = logo wear - wear it all the time!
e = eating (whether it is friends over, at their house, eating out)

Sorry -- these were the only letters that I could think of any answers for!! :)

Hmm. I need an "f" for some events I've been doing lately. I'll do as a couple of you have, and call it a bonus as Jolie did:
Fairs (county, state)
Festivals
Farmer's market (the rules in Iowa won't let me have a booth unless I'm selling something I actually make, but I've been taking my tote every time I go!)

SpiritdancerIA said:
Hmm. I need an "f" for some events I've been doing lately. I'll do as a couple of you have, and call it a bonus as Jolie did:
Fairs (county, state)
Festivals
Farmer's market (the rules in Iowa won't let me have a booth unless I'm selling something I actually make, but I've been taking my tote every time I go!)

Use the Reusable Grocery Bags, or if you earned the Picnic Basket, you can carry that too. I have to hit the market a few times for tomatoes and such to can, so I plan on taking those!

Another thing you can do is ask one of the produce people to try your mandoline, chopper or manual food processor....instant demo for on lookers and potential customer with your produce people.

I just returned from the grocery store because I needed a pineapple and there weren't any on the floor. When the clerk said they didn't have any more, I said, "oh no! I need one for my cooking show tonight"... sad face. I got the subject out there and the phone number of the clerk that went into the back and FOUND a pineapple for me! She wants to see the pineapple wedger work AT HER COOKING SHOW! WOO! I will be calling her tomorrow to set one up.

Brenda! That's awesome! :thumbup:

Way to go Brenda! You go girl!!! :D

1. What is the purpose of the "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Where's the Lead?" event?

The "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Where's the Lead?" event is a training and networking event for Pampered Chef consultants. It is designed to help consultants improve their sales techniques and share best practices with one another.

2. Where and when will the "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Where's the Lead?" event take place?

The event will take place at the Pampered Chef headquarters in Addison, Illinois on October 15, 2011. More specific details about the event location and schedule will be provided to registered attendees.

3. Who can attend the "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Where's the Lead?" event?

The event is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, regardless of rank or experience level. It is a great opportunity for new consultants to learn from more experienced ones, and for experienced consultants to network with their peers.

4. How much does it cost to attend the "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Where's the Lead?" event?

The cost of the event varies depending on the registration package chosen. Standard registration is $99, which includes access to all workshops and trainings, as well as lunch and a swag bag. VIP registration is $149 and includes additional perks such as early access to the venue and a special VIP dinner with Pampered Chef executives.

5. How do I register for the "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Where's the Lead?" event?

Registration for the event can be done online through the Pampered Chef website. Simply log in to your consultant account and navigate to the events section to find the "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Where's the Lead?" event. Follow the prompts to complete your registration and payment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Back