• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suyb 2011 Discussion: Making Connections

In summary, Bobbi is suggesting that people brainstorm places and people where they have the opportunity to approach people and start conversations. She provides an example of a place and person that she brainstormed.
Sheila
Gold Member
(***This is for people who have signed up for the Chef Success SUYB 2011 Class. I'm sorry, but the class is now full & we are no longer accepting participants.***)Let's brainstorm a list of places/people where you have an opportunity to approach people when you are out and about. AND, let's also brainstorm what you might say to make a connection.Using the initials of your first & last name, think of a place or a person that starts with each of your initilas. Then, write down an idea, compliment or question to start the conversation.EXAMPLE: Sheila Dacey = S & D
S = server at a restaurant: "You have such a fun attitude that I think you'd really love doing what I do ... and I KNOW I'd have fun with you on my team! Have you ever heard of the Pampered Chef?"D = delirious looking Mom at your child's sporting event: "The kids are going to be starving after the game. What are you having for dinner tonight?"

Fun!

L & G & C

L = Line at the bank. “How’s your day going? Busy day planned? (listen to response) After I deposit the money from last night’s cooking show, I’m taking the kiddos out to have some fun. Gotta love a job that’s flexible and fun. Good thing too I have some quick recipes to prepare for dinner so we can hang out together longer.”

G = Grocery Store. “Ooh, what are you planning on making with that X? I’m always looking for new recipes to share with my customers. (listen to response). You might also like this recipe I have to use with that X. I can email it to you if you’d like. (listen to response) Do you know The Pampered Chef?”

C = Child’s Extracurricular Activity Coordinator. “I know how expensive these activities can get and I thought you might be interested in raising some money to offset the costs.”

B & HB = Bank....Laurie already mentioned a great WAY to do it too! Love that.H = Hair salon "I need a do that will be quick and easy, but professional looking for my business." or something about needing something I can easily tie my hair-back for....??Need to brainstorm more. I'm not very good at this sort of thing. :D

Thanks Bobbi...it gets easier with practice.

Love the line for your hairdresser. You can include you need to have the ability to pull back for your cooking shows.

How did I miss the announcement for this class? Will you be offering another?

I'm hoping to! ;)

B & PBowling Alley - I'll bring some sliced fruits and veggies in my Cool and Serve tray and when I see someone eyeballing it, I'll say, "howdy do!" "Isn't this the niftiest serving piece? I bet you would be the hit of your bowling league with one of these! Have you heard of The Pampered Chef? Here, take one of my mini catalogs with you to look at while you're not bowling and we'll chat afterwards and see what else you'd like in addition to the cool and serve. Before you run away, could I get your contact information?"P - Pizza Joint - “Hello! Man it’s hot in here! “ I’m going to go home a whip up a quick and easy recipe in my deep covered baker for my show host! This way, we won’t be heating up the house, yet we’ll be serving something delicious!”(P.S…. these were HARD! I’ve been pondering this all day! LOL)

Nanisu said:
How did I miss the announcement for this class? Will you be offering another?

I missed it too!!! I've been on a week long family vacation & haven't read things in here.

these are not easy, especially with the first initial of J!!

J - the "joint" "I guess I had a little TOO much fun at my party last night!" ;)
jungle gym - this is easier. When I take my son to the school playground, if there are other parents around, I will usually talk to them as we watch our kids play. Evntually you ask where they work/live and I can mention that I'm a PC consultant.

S - supermarket noticing that someone is grabbing an ingredient or two for something you have a recipe card with you for "Can you help me find (an ingredient) for this recipe? Do you think it looks good? Would you like to have this copy? I have another one."

Brenda.the.chef said:
... Bowling Alley - I'll bring some sliced fruits and veggies in my Cool and Serve tray and when I see someone eyeballing it, I'll say, "howdy do!" "Isn't this the niftiest serving piece? I bet you would be the hit of your bowling league with one of these! Have you heard of The Pampered Chef? Here, take one of my mini catalogs with you to look at while you're not bowling and we'll chat afterwards and see what else you'd like in addition to the cool and serve. Before you run away, could I get your contact information?"... (P.S…. these were HARD! I’ve been pondering this all day! LOL)

Practice makes perfect! How about "Pretty cool, huh? If you like (as you are handing them a mini catalog), I can help you earn one just like it for FREE! ;)"

Thanks Sheila!! This is why I'm taking this course!:D

I’m just thankful we did have to come up with leads using the letters of our last names! Zoo was the only place I could come up with for one of those letters!

A – Anywhere (ask them if they’re familiar with PC) (also a reminder that leads are everywhere!
At Work – try to have a Mystery Host catalog show every few months

B – Banks (pampering opp) (send mini cat w/deposit at drive-thru with a note)
Bakeries (I’m getting a special dessert for my hubby, I usually bake him cookies on my stoneware but…)
Bookstores (casual conversations, take my KCN to B&N to read & have coffee)

P – Parks (take picnic tote which guarantees comments)
Pools (same)
Parking lots/garages (conversation as your walking to stairs or elevator)
Parts store (glad I don’t have to keep track of so many products in my business…)
Pizza Hut – I always leave a mini catalog with my tip for the waitress & keep catalog tote in plain view

This is hard! :D Still thinking....will post soon :)

images

Loving these discussions. And Sheila....you have me giggling as usual. :)

cheeky-smiley-006.gif

M = mall. Take the kids to the play area, and start up a conversation with other parents <i>"I love my job - it gives me so much more time with my kids, but I still have the income I want!" </i>G = Garage (while my car is in for repair). "I'm so grateful my job helps me pay for repairs before they become a bigger problem."

Good ones Melissa...I like the sincerity and the honesty of the statements.

Ok...I thought of a few more:B - Baseball/Basketball/Any BALL Games (bringing snacks for the kids/team, your catalog tote, "tailgating")
B - Baby/Mommy's GroupsH - Hotel (leave the maid a mini-catalog/Discover Us brochure with your tip) *DANG, why didn't I think of this earlier in the month when in CHICAGO?)
H - Hockey rink. (I will be spending LOTS of time there soon!)

Ok...how about this:

F - Fitness Club: "Don't you love this 24hr gym? No there are no excusses to come exercise. I love it that I can come any time I want or can. It's so flexible, just like my business. I work when I want and with who I want." OH! You want to know about my biz?" "Of course, I am an Independent Pampered Chef consultant and this is my fun job." Would you like to hear more about it?" :)

H - Home Stay Mom: "You have a beautiful family!" You are such a good mom and wife, but do you ever get some time for yourself? You know, I work full time, but I needed something fun that I could do outside of home at least once week and that's when I found my Pampered Chef biz. This biz has been great to me. I love that you can set up your own hours and that every time I go to "work" it's a party for me! Can I tell you more about it?" OR "You have a beautiful family!" You are such a good mom and wife, but do you ever get some time for yourself? You know, I am a PC consultant and I would love to Pampere you and some friends at a Girls Night Out theme show."

Jury duty- "I sure am glad that my job has empowered me to make a meal for my family in 30 minutes or less....or else after a day like today my family would be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for supper."

Horticulture class- "I just had to learn how to grow all these herbs and vegetables. I need the fresh ingredients for many of the wonderful recipes that I am learning to make with the Pampered Chef."

well worth the read. I found www.chefsuccess.com very informative as I have been researching a lot lately on practical matters such as you talk about…

1. What is "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Making Connections"?

"Suyb 2011 Discussion: Making Connections" is a virtual event hosted by Pampered Chef for consultants to connect with each other and share ideas and tips for growing their businesses.

2. When is "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Making Connections" taking place?

The event will take place on October 25th, 2011 at 7:00 PM EST.

3. How can I participate in "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Making Connections"?

To participate, you must be a Pampered Chef consultant and register for the event on the Pampered Chef website. Once registered, you will receive a link to join the virtual event.

4. Will there be any special guests or speakers at "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Making Connections"?

Yes, there will be special guest speakers from the Pampered Chef corporate team who will share their insights and tips for success in the business.

5. What can I expect to gain from attending "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Making Connections"?

By attending this event, you will have the opportunity to connect with other consultants, learn new ideas and strategies, and gain valuable knowledge and inspiration to grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ilovpc
  • Jolie_Paradoxe