• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprise Success: Hosting a Show for Ages 50-70s

In summary, the show was hosted by two ladies in their 70's and it was filled with people who were in their 60's to higher 70's. The average age was late 60's to higher 70's. The show closed at $1000 and with past host order $956 for the host. The past order ordered $956 and what she ordered was not specified.
StacieB
Gold Member
So a few weeks ago I had a show and the age was 50-70's in age. I was thinking these ladies may or may not need many things. Show closed over $550. I was pleasantly suprised when two ladies in their 70's asked to host a show. Well I held that show tonight and am very excited about it. The average age was late 60's to higher 70's. There were 21 ladies there and I closed the show at $1000 and with past host order $956 for me. They were thrilled as am I. Never prejudge, you never know what is going to happen.:thumbup::)

Us old farts like to eat (and cook) too, ya know.;)

and they like to buy stuff for their grandchildren!

StacieB said:
So a few weeks ago I had a show and the age was 50-70's in age. I was thinking these ladies may or may not need many things. Show closed over $550. I was pleasantly suprised when two ladies in their 70's asked to host a show. Well I held that show tonight and am very excited about it. The average age was late 60's to higher 70's. There were 21 ladies there and I closed the show at $1000 and with past host order $956 for me. They were thrilled as am I. Never prejudge, you never know what is going to happen.:thumbup::)
Am I reading that right? The past order ordered $956? What did she order?

wadesgirl said:
Am I reading that right? The past order ordered $956? What did she order?

No, she meant that the commissionable sales were $956 ($1000 show included the past host 60% off item).

That is right Beth! I Host had said last week that everyone said they had plenty of kitchen products. So it was a nice pleasant surprise.

I have had lots of shows/orders from this age group! My cousin's grandmother is 90 and ordered cookware from me because she only had all of the BIG pans from when she had a ton of kids to cook for, and now that she was only cooking for herself, she wanted the small saute pan and some tools and other items to use with it. My grandmother is 90, as well, and lives in a retirement community apartment with her own kitchen, and loves to have nice kitchen tools, too. I also did a bunch of shows with some ladies who lived in a retirement community - they just kept booking off of each other and it was like a monthly get-together for them! You're right - never prejudge - ask everyone!

BethCooks4U said:
No, she meant that the commissionable sales were $956 ($1000 show included the past host 60% off item).

I thought I was reading it wrong! It was still early in the morning here!

I did a party for a friend at a Senior Living Center which has a community room and a microwave for my use. I know most have little funds, so I purchased the ingredients, thinking I was just going to "give back to the community" and expected little in sales. The show was almost $1000, then I had a second show there from another lady--$900! I have another in November and one in January. I think they enjoy having someone come to them for their shopping needs. I am still buying the ingredients for all their parties--when orders become too small, I'll have to stop. They each have various friends in the community who they also get orders from.

I am closing a $2100 show today from a group of woman that are in their 60-70s, this is the 6th show with this group and the smallest show was $800... NEVER prejudge!

This discussion reminds me of Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe.

Evelyn get's cut off in a parking lot by some smart-a$s girls. She says, "Hey! I was waiting for that spot!"

The girls say, "Face it, lady, we're younger and faster!" so Evelyn smashes into the girls' car six times.

She says, "Face it, girls, I'm older and I have more insurance."

It really doesn't have that much to do with the discussion but I've always liked old folks - especially now that I'm becoming one myself. :D

Ahemmmm.............

Why do we think that those in their 60's :
1. have few funds
2. do not cook
3. have one foot in the box.....

I became a consultant in my 60's;)

otisbg said:
Ahemmmm.............

Why do we think that those in their 60's :
1. have few funds
2. do not cook
3. have one foot in the box.....

I became a consultant in my 60's;)

I had someone ask during my question game if there was an age limit on being a consultant. Since she was an older lady (I'm not good at guessing so I couldn't even tell you!) I looked at her and said "Of course, you have to be at least 18! You are over 18 right?!" She laughed at the way I turned it around on her!

I needed to read this post today. I had an older, handicapped (legally blind) lady call me yesterday out of the blue (she's friend's with my mom) wanting to book a party for next Friday. I don't know why I think this is different from any other party, my own grandmother is 90, and comes to my parties and orders, and I know this lady is not in that age range. Thanks for starting this post, because I needed to be reminded to NEVER prejudge :)

wadesgirl said:
I had someone ask during my question game if there was an age limit on being a consultant. Since she was an older lady (I'm not good at guessing so I couldn't even tell you!) I looked at her and said "Of course, you have to be at least 18! You are over 18 right?!" She laughed at the way I turned it around on her!

You better check her ID - the way they do if she tries to buy a six pack!

Some of my best hosts have been people that I never would have figured would be interested in hosting a show.

1. How do I effectively market a Pampered Chef show to an audience in the 50-70s age range?

The key to marketing a show to this age range is to focus on the benefits and features that will appeal to them. This may include highlighting products that make cooking and entertaining easier, showcasing healthier meal options, and emphasizing the convenience of having items delivered directly to their homes. You can also reach out to local retirement communities or senior centers to promote the show.

2. What types of products are most popular among this age group?

The 50-70s age range tends to value practicality and quality when it comes to kitchen products. Items like multi-purpose cookware, easy-to-use gadgets, and time-saving appliances are often big hits. They may also be interested in products that cater to specific dietary needs or restrictions.

3. How can I make the show entertaining and engaging for this age group?

Consider incorporating interactive elements, such as cooking demonstrations or hands-on product testing. You can also tailor your presentation to address common concerns or challenges that this age group faces in the kitchen, such as limited mobility or dietary restrictions. Additionally, incorporating personal stories or anecdotes can help make the show more relatable and enjoyable.

4. What are some tips for hosting a successful show with this age group?

First and foremost, be mindful of the potential physical limitations of this age group and make necessary accommodations, such as providing seating or avoiding activities that require excessive standing or movement. It's also important to be patient and allow for extra time during the show for questions and discussions. Lastly, make sure to follow up with attendees after the show to thank them for their support and answer any additional questions they may have.

5. How can I incentivize this age group to make purchases at the show?

Offering special discounts or promotions can be a great way to entice attendees to make purchases. You can also consider highlighting products that are particularly popular among this age group or offering bundle deals that cater to their specific needs. Another effective strategy is to showcase the quality and durability of Pampered Chef products, emphasizing that they are a worthwhile investment in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • mrshamel3808
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies