• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's in store at the Surprise Pack booth at Conference?

In summary, the Surprise Packs are a box filler with retired PC items, from cookbooks to products. They will be available this year at the conference and cost $15-$25. You can get as many as you want and if you forget your debit or credit card number, they will look it up for you.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
This was in our weekly bites about conference:

Surprise packs - look for the special surprise pack booth, we have exciting things in store for you!

Cool! I know we weren't sure if they would do this or not since the Outlet is going on!

I know Kelly!! I saw that and got excited and then remembered to SAVE SAVE SAVE for Conference!!! So I can SPEND SPEND SPEND!!!:D

What are surprise packs and how much are they? This is my first conference!

Oh, Thank God! I am sooo glad they are doing it!!

Surprise packs are boxes filler with retired PC items, from cookbooks to products... last year I can remember getting, the battery operated sifter, the Fall 05 linens, old chopper, old EAD, all kinds of great stuff. I use it to donate to charities. Last year, they did it in a big room: you get in line for the boxes (which you can have you PC card debited) you get your box, (someone will even carry it for you, if its too heavy) and you open them up on tables. People wil be running around trading items. When you get what you want, you can walk right over the the UPS, er FedEx table and they'll ship it home for you. Or at least, that's how it worked last year. Its TOTAL MADNESS and FUN!!!! I think at one point people were just holding up the items they wanted to trade. LOL So, there was a sea of hands and PC products.

I don't know how much they will be this year, but I think last year they were $15 $25 $35, with products in each comparable to the dollar amount. You can get as many as you want in any combination. And, if you forget your debit or credit crd #, they'll look it up for you.

I totally missed that. Cool!

I completely missed that too! Gosh, I'm going to have to bring some serious spending money!:eek: :D

Me too Cathy!!! LOL!

So do you pay extra to have it shipped home? Are the $15 boxes really only filled with $15 worth of retired product or is it more so it's a discount. I've seen them but didn't bother with them that year. Missed conference last year and wanted to check them out.

You pay extra to have them shipped and the contents are worth WAY more than the price you pay for them.

Normally you get more than what you paid for. The BEST part is swapping with people!!! It is so fun watching all these PC consultants running around looking for what they want and trying to get rid of what they don't want!!!

If I remember correctly, they will ship it UPS, probably Fed EX now, and will charge your acct for the shipping cost. Couldn't they also put the money for buying boxes on your acct???

Remember also...if you decide to buy any supplies (new invites, mini catalogs, etc) you can also put those in that surprise box you're shipping home. Many airlines are closely monitoring baggage weight these days so you want to be careful.

I'm in WI and we'll drive. Depending on the vehicle, that won't be an issue...just much for convenient. Good point about throwing everything else in there to send depending how much it costs to send since I tend to have space in my suitcase for my important purchases ;-)

Does there come a point that they run out of the surprise boxes? Just want to make sure I don't miss anything!

DebbieJ said:
Remember also...if you decide to buy any supplies (new invites, mini catalogs, etc) you can also put those in that surprise box you're shipping home. Many airlines are closely monitoring baggage weight these days so you want to be careful.

Yep....50 lbs!

I have been in wave 3 for the past couple of years and I haven't seen them run out yet! It's pretty fun. I agree the trading is the best!

Sounds like fun! I can't wait to go!!!!

I believe that they actually set aside a certain number of boxes for each wave, so that there is just as much chance of Wave 1 running out as Wave 3.

You can get some neat things in the boxes. I got an old style Chopper a couple years back, and used it for replacement parts for customers who were too checp to purchase a replacement for their 10-year-old choppers (oops-- did I type that out loud?).

chefann said:
I believe that they actually set aside a certain number of boxes for each wave, so that there is just as much chance of Wave 1 running out as Wave 3.

You can get some neat things in the boxes. I got an old style Chopper a couple years back, and used it for replacement parts for customers who were too checp to purchase a replacement for their 10-year-old choppers (oops-- did I type that out loud?).
LOL!!!

Dumb length requirements......

Let me tell you... My director and I got a ton of cake mixes last year and we stuck them in the boxes and shipped them home. The cost was very reasonable! I know it could be different with FedEx but I'm sure they will do what they can to keep it affordable.

I have to say that I know we do "talk" about the ups and downs of PC. And, lately, there have been some downs, but let me tell you that conference will show you what a great company PC is. There will be special touches here and there that just reinforce why PC is so great.

And, opening the surprise packs is like Christmas in July. You don't know what's in the box, but you know it will be great. (And, if not, there are oodles of other people openening boxes at the same time, and you can trade with them.

The trading is known in my cluster as the "pirahna pit" because of the frenzy of the first year with the boxes. It reminds me of the commodities exchange in Chicago: "I got 4 bread tubes. What'll you give me for 4 different bread tubes?"

Oh my goodness! That's a perfect description!

chefann said:
The trading is known in my cluster as the "pirahna pit" because of the frenzy of the first year with the boxes. It reminds me of the commodities exchange in Chicago: "I got 4 bread tubes. What'll you give me for 4 different bread tubes?"
That is sooo true!

This sounds so fun, can not wait!!

I loved the boxes last year! This year I am going to do it again, but not buy 3 of them (last year was my first year and so I bought 1 of each price point). I had so many extras for random presents and still have a ton of stuff... although, it does make for great stuff for my mystery host/new catalog shows I do twice a year... hmmm... maybe I will be spending more money on that that I originally thought... dang thread! :)

Ohhhhh......I can't wait!!! This sounds soooo exciting. I don't think they did anything like this back when I went 5 years ago!

:cool: I love the surprise packs but always wait to get them until I am ready to ship right away. I will go buy the mini catalogs, recipe cards, etc. that I wanted and stuck anything that I didn't want to carry on the plane. It was so nice to get home to see them there waiting for me. :cool:

I am somewhat surprised to see them this year because of the Outlet. It makes me think that we must have a ton of discontinued products that we had no idea was just sitting in the warehouse.

This sound sooo fun! :D Does this happen at a general session so everyone at the wave can participate or durring free time? My first conf. and not sure how it works.

I have an old style ice crusher (I think that's what it is -- it's actually still in the box on top of my basement fridge) that my roommate (whom I recruited for PC when I was still a customer gave me after she came back from her first conference 3 or 4 years ago that she got in the mystery boxes).

Pampered_Dawn said:
This sound sooo fun! :D Does this happen at a general session so everyone at the wave can participate or durring free time? My first conf. and not sure how it works.
The surprise packs are in the vendor area, which everyone has access to when not in workshops and general sessions.

I am so glad that they are doing these again this year!!!! I loved opening them last year!!! I am comming prepared thisyear!!!!! I didnt' know what to expect last year.... at all.... of course I had nto been in business very long at all maybe three months the most!!

PackingHow much room, would you veterans suggest a newbie like myself leave in my suitcase for souveneirs, producsts, etc. assuming that I will ship some home? I am planning on just bringing a carry on (<45 lbs) and a small bag with my laptop, PC materials, etc. Am I on the right track, what would you suggest?

The nice thing about the surprise packs is that you can ship them home from Conference. And if you wait until after the business supplies (mini catalogs and recipe cards, usually) are available, you can put them into the same box so you don't have to carry them on the plane. You can do the same with any logo wear that you purchase (assuming that Merrill will have Cash and Carry and not just be taking orders).

Sounds like a lot of FUN! Looking forward to my first time.

1. What exactly is a "surprise pack" at the Pampered Chef Conference?

A surprise pack at the Pampered Chef Conference is a special booth where you can purchase a pack of products for a discounted price. The contents of the pack are a surprise, but rest assured that they will be a great value and full of useful products for your business!

2. How much does a surprise pack cost?

The cost of a surprise pack varies, but it is typically priced at a discounted rate compared to purchasing the products individually. Keep an eye out for announcements and updates on pricing as the Conference approaches.

3. Can I choose the products in my surprise pack?

No, the contents of the surprise pack are pre-selected and cannot be customized. However, we guarantee that the products will be of high quality and useful for your business.

4. Will there be a limit on how many surprise packs I can purchase?

Yes, there will be a limit on the number of surprise packs you can purchase. This is to ensure that all attendees have an opportunity to purchase one. The limit will be announced at the Conference.

5. Can I purchase a surprise pack even if I am not attending the Conference?

Unfortunately, the surprise packs are only available for purchase at the Conference. We want to make sure that our attendees have the first opportunity to purchase these packs and take advantage of the great deals offered. However, there may be leftover surprise packs available for purchase after the Conference, so stay tuned for updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • lovenpc
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • raebates