1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Surprise boxes here already!

1. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Well, my surprise boxes came already and boy was I surprised!

For all the talk about the perils of having somebody else pick your surprise boxes and send them home to you, I can think of one more ... you don't have the chance to trade with others!

So now I am stuck with a $25 box that contains many items I would never have purchased that will not sell well at fairs. Many of the items are currently in the outlet You'll see a lot of those items in the Marketplace soon!

Sometime later, I may share what's in them but I know how people are about "spoilers" so I won't. Just wanted to praise FedEx!

Jul 18, 2009
  2. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

Did they have a "memorabilia" box like last year? Old totes or backpacks and aprons?? Just wondering?

Jul 18, 2009
  3. colegrovet

colegrovet Veteran Member Gold Member

Heather,

they didn't but they did have "golden" tickets in some boxes that allowed you to get another "special box" 2 of my cluster mates got them and they got backpacks! there was other items too in the "special boxes"..

Jul 18, 2009
  4. Intrepid_Chef

I don't know what they had ... I asked for a $10 and a $15 and got a $10 and a $25 .. I am NOT happy about that because I was not looking for big, clunky items that are hard to take to fairs!

The $25 box ... I guess it's OK to say since it's after 1 ... had TWO oil dipping sets that are in the outlet. Somehow I doubt I'm going to be able to unload them for outlet price.

Jul 18, 2009
  5. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I heard that everything in the surprise boxes were from the Outlet so I used my money on the supplies!

Jul 18, 2009
  6. Intrepid_Chef

Yes, everything is or was n the outlet ... however, many of these items (like the scrapers and towels and knives) sell well at fairs. There are also times people are looking for a gift who don't want to bother with ordering it.

Jul 18, 2009
  7. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

That is exactly what I was thinking when I was watching (and being totally entertained by it). The perk of being at conference is you don't get stuck with several bread tubes!!! I bought a $10 box just to have stuff to trade to get what I really wanted!

Jul 19, 2009
  8. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

OUhh, I like the idea of the golden tix for the special boxes! :) Fun!

Jul 19, 2009
Have something to add?