• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Support the 2007 Walk to Cure Diabetes

In summary, Greetings! I wouldn't post this but I know that CS consultants have a GREAT BIG HEART!!:D :D James has decided to join "Team Rachel" and support his sister in law Christina in her efforts to raise money for diabetes research. He asks for your support in doing so. Your donation will go a long way towards helping the cause.
julyskitchen
Greetings! I wouldn't post this but I know that CS consultants have a GREAT BIG HEART!!:D :D

I'm writing to you to ask for your support in a very special cause. I have a niece Rachel who is only 5 years old with Type 1 diabetes :( , and a Nephew Michael who is 18 and has had Type 1 Diabetes for 8 years now :( . I would like to support my Sister in law Christina Fought who is collecting money for this GREAT cause. I will be joining "Team Rachel" in the Walk to Cure Diabetes, with Christina as the Team Leader.

I know most of us spend $5-10 on lunch every day...so please take a moment and spare as much as your heart can, even a $10 donation goes a long way. :) Follow the link below to donate to our team and support such a great cause!.:D :D

This year, I'll be taking part in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes along with a half-million other walkers across the country. Our goal: To raise $90 million to help fund research for a cure for type 1 diabetes and its complications.

Type 1, or juvenile, diabetes, is a devastating, often deadly disease that affects millions of people--a large and growing percentage of them children.

Many people think type 1 diabetes can be controlled by insulin. While insulin does keep people with type 1 diabetes alive, it is NOT a cure. Aside from the daily challenges of living with type 1 diabetes, there are many severe, often fatal, complications caused by the disease.

That's the bad news... and yes, it's pretty bad.

The good news, though, is that a cure for type 1 diabetes is within reach. In fact, JDRF funding and leadership is associated with most major scientific breakthroughs in type 1 diabetes research to date. And JDRF funds a major portion of all type 1 diabetes research worldwide, more than any other charity.

I'm writing to ask for your support because now more than ever, EACH of us can be a part of bringing about a cure. Each of us can make a real difference

Won't you please give to JDRF as generously as you're able?

Together, we can make the cure a reality.

Thank you & I love you all!!:D :D :D

July James

Please visit my Walk Web page if you would like to donate online or see how close I am to reaching my personal goal:

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=86698942

Follow this link to make a donation:

http://walk.jdrf.org/support.cfm?id=86698942

© 2007 Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. All rights reserved.

:D :D :D Tasha...THANK YOU for your donation:D :D :D

:D :D :D wohoo thank you to Diane for your donation

You CF'ers ROCK!!!

"Team Rachel" is doing great":D :D :D

You're welcome. Keep us posted on your efforts!

Thank you to ChefAnn for your donation

:) :) :) I will def keep you posted:D :D :D

I don't mean to bump up this thread..but want to give credit, were credit is deserved!!;) ;)

1. What is the "Support the 2007 Walk to Cure Diabetes" event?

The "Support the 2007 Walk to Cure Diabetes" event is a fundraising initiative organized by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) to raise awareness and funds for type 1 diabetes research.

2. When and where will the event take place?

The event will take place on [date] at [location]. Please visit the JDRF website for more information on specific event details and locations.

3. How can I participate in the event?

There are several ways to participate in the "Support the 2007 Walk to Cure Diabetes" event. You can register as an individual or as part of a team to walk and raise funds, or you can make a donation to support the cause. You can also volunteer your time and resources to help with event planning and promotion.

4. Do I need to have a personal connection to diabetes to participate?

No, anyone can participate in the event regardless of personal connection to diabetes. We welcome all individuals and organizations who are passionate about supporting diabetes research and finding a cure.

5. How will the funds raised from the event be used?

All funds raised from the "Support the 2007 Walk to Cure Diabetes" event will go towards type 1 diabetes research, including finding new treatments and ultimately a cure for the disease. The funds will also support programs and initiatives to improve the lives of those living with type 1 diabetes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andrealynne719
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Ish
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
Replies