• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success as a PC Consultant: Managing Supply Costs

In summary, the cost of starting out with Pampered Chef is low, and the products are great. You can earn products for free, and the company offers a lot of opportunities for earning incentive trips and other benefits.
PCNewbie
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and am thinking seriously about signing up to be a PC consultant. I'm really excited about it, I love their products and love to cook! My main concern is the extra costs associated with buying all of the supplies that go into shows. Can you be successful at this without spending a ton of money on Pampered Chef items to use at shows and the food?? This may seem like a dumb question, but I don't have a lot of money to invest right now and want to make sure I can give this a good go before signing up. Thanks for the help!

don't spend more thanyou need to, especially at start up. DOn't feel like you need to give the hosts "extra" incentive - study the hostess package - our hosts get a great deal.

Your first month or so, you can purchase new product samples or a booster kit at great deals. If you have the $, it may be worth it for you, but if not, you'll still be great. I recommend doing the 1st couple of shows with just your starter kit & your enthusiam. Keep it simple. THe company has a terrific full colour catalogue for a reason. You don't need the entire catalogue at every show. Get your super starter bonuses - they will fill out your kit with the basics. If you want anything else, make sure you purchase it at a hostess discount - you'll still get commission & incentive points, and a good price that you can write off at tax time (in Canada anyway, I'm not sure how that works in the US).

Basically, keep it simple. Use your 1st commision cheque to purchase extra supplies - don't take money out of your own pocket... Don't spend more than you earn & aim for the monthly sales/product incentives - they will fill our your kit, giv eyou more product you can handle and keep you on track for incetive trips/TPC etc

Best of Luck and have fun!!
Esther Dietrich :)

It is very exciting that you are interested in joining Pampered Chef. I must say it is an amazing company to be working with. I have been with Pampered Chef for 1 1/2 years now and am amazed at what a difference it has made in my life and my family's life.

You asked about the costs with Pampered Chef. That is one of the great things about this company. There are no hidden costs. You pay for your kit with your $90 investment or by using your FREE money from a kitchen show to buy down the kit. The kit includes $350 worth of products AND all the paperwork you need to get started. You can purchase the new products at a discount, but you don't have to. There are a ton of recipes you can make with only the tools from your Super Starter kit.

During your first three months, you have the opportunity to earn TONS of FREE PRODUCTS! This is a great time to build up your kit. Can't beat FREE!

Whenever there are new products introduced you have the opportunity to earn them for free. Free is always good! If you do not earn them for free, you have the opportunity to purchase them at a discount. Again, you do not have to purchase them.

You purchase paperwork as needed to replace what you use. Many consultants recycle their paperwork and reduce their cost in paperwork. I prefer to let my guests keep the catalogs. I find it is a great way to keep my name in front of them...a cheap business card. Again, you don't have to let them keep them...the choice is yours.

If you need any help getting started, please let me know. I'd be glad to help you out and have you as part of my team. To get started you only need to go to the pampered chef website... www.pamperedchef.com/join_us/consagreement/overview.jsp . All you need is your consultants name and consultant number. My name and information are below if you need them.

One thing I noticed in your post was a concern about paying for the food. One of the host bonues includes $15 for them. This is because host buys the ingredients for the recipe you choose. Then you just show up and prepare/cook the item.

I had spoken with my director about the catalogs as well. They go by very fast. What she did and what her suggestion is, in the beginning, don't give out the catalogs as much as you eventually will. If money is a concern, then after you have a show, try to get back as many of the catalogs as you can so you can recycle them. Then after your first month or so, you should be making enough money to easily not be so concerned about recycling them.

Remember the kit includes everything you need for your first 4-5 shows. Plus as a new consultant there is a kit booster you can get for only $30. This fflyer will be in your kit when you receive it. It includes lots of items, including catalogs, receipts, and other supplies to help you along. This additional $30 is very much worth the money for the amount of supplies you get!!!

I am new as well. < than 1 month. I have found the most important things to invest in outside of the kit and booster was a stamp, with my info to put on the catalogs. Which cost me about $20 at Staples, perhaps cheaper depending on where you go. You could always start off by writing your info in the first month or so as well. However, the stamp will have a much more professional appearance. The second thing I found that was most worth intial investing was the PC breifcase (is located on the supply order form). It is only $15 but can carry all your paperwork. It has the PC logo on it, so if you take it with you to places outside of the show, you can easily stir interest and questions, with potential bookings you weren't even looking for :)

I hope some of this helps you :D

In the beginning I bought plain white labels and typed my info on those and stuck those on the catalogs. You can use those if you don't want to buy the stamp and it looks nicer than writing it. :)

I am new at this as well. In fact March is my first Super Starter month. Something I did to help fill out my kit was to host a show in my own home. By doing this, I qualified for the free and half-price items because I was the host. I had a $644 show so I ended up qualifying for $115 in free items. I used that to get things like a piece of the Woven Selections that did not come in the Super Starter kit. By doing this and reaching my first Super Starter goal, I have added to my collection quite a bit and really did not pay out that much from my own funds.

If you do decide to host your own show, ask a friend or family member to help with serving coffee, snacks, etc. This lets you concentrate on your demo.

Good luck! :)

That's a good idea...I've thought about booking a show for myself as kind of a dress rehearsal. So, that brings me to another question though. Should I have my first four bookings book from me at my show or will that matter. I guess I'm wondering if I can get more credit if they book at my show as opposed to just booking a show because I ask them to. Does that make sense?

Hosting Your Own Show
PCNewbie said:
I've thought about booking a show for myself as kind of a dress rehearsal. So, that brings me to another question though. Should I have my first four bookings book from me at my show or will that matter. I guess I'm wondering if I can get more credit if they book at my show as opposed to just booking a show because I ask them to. Does that make sense?

As of March 1st, there as been a change in the Host Program with the company, so bookings from a show qualify the original host to purchase the Host Special at the booked show. But when it comes to consultant show bookings, having then it doesn't matter,because you only qualify for the current host special, not the host specials at your booked shows.

When I'm coaching my team, I tell them, "2+2+2 in 2". Book show 2 show you within a few days of each other, (Like Friday night and Saturday afternoon.) You do the same demo at both shows and invite EVEYRONE. If they can't go to one they can probably go to the other. Then find 2 people to host Kitchen shows. And then find 2 people to do catalog shows. Do it all in a 2 week period.

It will get you off to a quick start, you will have fufilled your kit agreement, and will have made $$ right away.

Personally, I'd set the shows to be at the end of this month. (Catalog shows over a holiday tend to be higher) and submit everything in April, because $1250 in sales in April will get you over $70 in additional products with consultants earning the Mid-Season Products and Patriotic Apron. $1250 in sales also mean over $250 in commission too.

PCNewbie said:
I've thought about booking a show for myself as kind of a dress rehearsal. So, that brings me to another question though. Should I have my first four bookings book from me at my show or will that matter. I guess I'm wondering if I can get more credit if they book at my show as opposed to just booking a show because I ask them to. Does that make sense?

With the new host program, Hosts no longer get rewarded any additional booking points or money. They now are eligible to receive the booking benefit as a past host. As a consultant hosting your own show, you were never eligible for the booking points. So to answer your question, it doesn't make any difference how your shows are booked because as a consultant we are not eligible to redeem the Booking Benefit as a past host.

Sharon

We are not eligible for the booking benefit
PC4Sharon said:
With the new host program, Hosts no longer get rewarded any additional booking points or money. They now are eligible to receive the booking benefit as a past host. As a consultant hosting your own show, you were never eligible for the booking points. So to answer your question, it doesn't make any difference how your shows are booked because as a consultant we are not eligible to redeem the Booking Benefit as a past host.

Sharon

Correction: Consultants are not eligible to get the past host booking benefit. We can get the booking benefit in any month we submit a show but never the booking benefit ;)

Dear PCNewbie, Congratulations on thinking about our wonderful company. If you haven't already talked to a PC Consultant or Director you need to. They will be able to answer all your questions. If you don't know one you can go to www.pamperedchef.com and on the home page go to the heading Come Join Us. They will give your name to someone in your area that will call you and answer all your questions. As for start up cost, it will be approx. $115. That includes the cost of $90 for your kit and $25 for miscellanous office supplies such as pens, folders, and whatnot. The cost of the food for your shows falls to your hostesses. Have you ever hosted an in home demonstration? When you did, did you or the demonstrator purchase the food. I bet you did. It is the same with Pamered Chef. There are many recipes that you can start out with that are $10 and under for the ingredients. Again, get in touch with a PC Consultant or Director I know they will be more then happy to help you. Good Luck with your newfound career! Pampered Chef is the Greatest!

Help for getting startedI just joined PC Canada a 6 months ago, and I have had very mininal supply costs. I have hosted a few of my own shows, to get free stuff for show, door prizes etc. Plus I ordered the booster pack which is fabulous and cheap and when you recruit (at least in Canada) you earn catalogues for FREE and you get PC dollars to spend on supplies.... I hope that helps!!!

My only other piece of advise is GO FOR IT!!! YOU WON"T REGRET IT, there is really nothing to loose!!

E-mail me if you have anymore questions, I'm just new at it too!!

Some of you mentioned that you'll have your own show to get the hostess rewards...I thought consultants couldn't host their own shows that they had to appoint someone as host...is this true? or is it what they don't know won't hurt them?

I haven't joined PC yet but want to very soon but we might be moving soon so I would hate to join and then find out we're moving and not be able to get all my bonuses.

Hosting Own ShowDear Cheftonia,

You can always host your own show. Consultants do not receive all the benefits that regular hosts do, but it is always a good way to fill in items in your kit.

I understand you waiting to join since you may be moving, but just remember that one of the best parts of PC is that you can move your business. If you do not have a consultant to sign up under, I would love to have you on my team. If you are not in Wisconsin, we could easily find you a hospitality director in your local area so you could still attend cluster meetings and meet other consultants.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Lisa Schulteis
Consultant #414493
262-321-0730
[email protected]

Thanks Lisa,

I didn't realize consultants could host their own show without appointing a hostess (i.e. Mystery Host). What kind of benefits do consultants get?

I know that I can do this no matter where I am. But I don't know if I'm moving in a week or 3 months from now...we are in limbo. I won't be able to concentrate on the business because of packing, etc. I know that I can get a lot of free stuff my first 3 months so I don't want to lose out on that if I don't have time to do parties.

If I do move I will already know some people so I can do shows at that time. I already have a director to sign up with and I will be attending her meetings even before I join.

Thanks again,

Tonia

Keeping the cost downHi I am also new to this site and love the info given. I have been with PC for almost 5 years, what I do with my catalogs is to get plactic or hard paper folders, I tape or put a small hole in the catalog to keep it in the folder , I also have a lable in the folder that says Please return to me after the show along with other great sayings. And If they want a catalog to take home I give them an old on (they can't buy directly so if the want to order in the future you will be talking to the again) I make up about 12-15 folders and use the other for host packs ect, Pens I put the Flower on top ( anti theft Pens) Spring is a great time if year to use the folwers anyway. And you want to get names from the Party so you only need to raffle of a Seasons Best . Well I' :) m glag you are going to join PC I LOVE it 5 years later.

Hosting a ShowTonia,

You asked about hosting benefits for consultants...

We still earn the free product value, the half-price items and discount. In addition, we can get the current Monthly host special, but cannot participate in the Booking benefit. And obviously, we do not earn commission on any part of our order.

I am thrilled that you have a director to sign up under and that you will be attending the meetings before you sign. You are off to a great start!!!

Thanks Lisa, that does help.

Tonia

What is the supply cost for my business?

The supply cost for your business will vary depending on the products you purchase and the quantity you need. It is important to keep track of your expenses and budget accordingly.

How can I reduce my supply cost?

There are a few ways you can reduce your supply cost. One way is to buy in bulk, which often results in a lower cost per unit. You can also look for sales or promotions, or negotiate with your supplier for a lower price.

Do you offer any discounts for bulk orders?

Pampered Chef does offer discounts for bulk orders. You can contact your consultant or our customer service team for more information on bulk discounts and promotions.

What is the return policy for supplies?

Our return policy for supplies varies depending on the product. If you are unsatisfied with a product, please contact your consultant or our customer service team for assistance.

Can I purchase supplies without being a consultant?

Unfortunately, we do not sell supplies directly to customers who are not consultants. However, you can join as a consultant for a discounted rate and have access to our full range of products and supplies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KatieBeth
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • ChristineK
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChristineK
  • bgupton