• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Supermarket Substitutions for Pantry Rub Recipes

In summary, common substitutions for buttermilk include milk with lemon juice or vinegar, plain yogurt, or sour cream diluted with water. Margarine can be used as a substitute for butter in equal amounts, but may alter the flavor and texture. Alternatives to white sugar include honey, maple syrup, and coconut sugar, but may impact the taste and texture. Gluten-free flour can often be used instead of all-purpose flour, but may require adjustments and affect the final results. Common substitutes for eggs in baking include mashed bananas, applesauce, or a mixture of water, oil, and baking powder, but may affect the texture and rise of the final product.
ChefPeg
Gold Member
I went through the recipes that include our pantry rubs and found these substitutions for those times when you realized you've run out and it's too late to order. There are some variations in some of them, however, so decide which works best for your recipe.

Attachments

• supermarket substitutions v2.doc
    38 KB · Views: 463
Thank you!

Thanks for sharing these substitutions! It's always helpful to have options when you run out of ingredients. I'll definitely keep these in mind next time I'm in a pinch. Do you have any personal favorites among these substitutions?

1. What are some common substitutions for buttermilk?

Some common substitutes for buttermilk include milk with lemon juice or vinegar added, plain yogurt, or sour cream diluted with water.

2. Can I use margarine instead of butter in recipes?

Yes, margarine can generally be used as a substitute for butter in equal amounts. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture may be slightly different in the final dish.

3. Are there any alternatives to using white sugar?

Yes, there are a few alternatives to white sugar including honey, maple syrup, and coconut sugar. Keep in mind that these alternatives may affect the taste and texture of the final dish.

4. Can I use gluten-free flour in place of all-purpose flour?

Yes, gluten-free flour can often be used as a substitute for all-purpose flour in recipes. However, the ratio may need to be adjusted and the final results may vary.

5. What can I use as a substitute for eggs in baking?

Some common substitutes for eggs in baking include mashed bananas, applesauce, or a mixture of water, oil, and baking powder. However, keep in mind that these substitutes may affect the texture and rise of the final product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lcucinella
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies