• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I change my Super Starter Month to January?

In summary, the conversation is about a SS1 and how someone is not doing well. They are worried about their December shows and if they will count for the SS1. They are also wondering if they can change their SS1 month to January. They are also wondering if there are any requirements to change their SS. The person gives advice on how to contact the HO and what to do if they can change their SS1 to January. They also give advice on how to close out a show.
PC_ChefCole
Hello everyone,
I am hoping someone here can help me out. I tried contacting my director and haven't heard back from her yet and I am really not sure what to do. I am in my SS1 and I am not doing to well. I have had 4 shows,plus my open house and sales are really low. 2 are not even qualified as a show yet. :( I was wondering if it is possible to switch my SS1 to January, or is that to far ahead. I am a little worried about Dec. b/c I only have 3 shows and I have a lot going on right now. Sooooo, I guess here are my questions?
1. Can I change my SS1 month, and how many months ahead can I change it to? I would really like to change it to Jan., so that will give me time to fill in my bookings.
2. How do I go about it, if it is possible? Are there certain requirements to change your SS?
3. What happens to all of the sales I have already made? Will they go into a reserve bank? Or will they count for my SS1, if changed.
4. Can I still keep & hold my scheduled shows in December, and will they count for the Sell-A-Thon in December or will I not be able to receive this promotion, being my start month was moved?
Any advice or answers are greatly appreciated. I really love this job and don't know what to do. Thanks! (Sorry so long! :( )

I don't think you can change it to a month that far out. If your SS month was supposed to be November, I think you can only change it to December. ANd I dont think you can do it if you've already submitted shows. I could be wrong. If you were wanting to hold shows until January, they wouldn't count toward the sell-a-thon in December.

You should check with the HO. IF you can change it to January, you could still submit the sales in December. Sometimes your first super starter "month" is more than one month. For example, if someone were to sign now and choose January as their SS month one, it would actually be December and January.

Even if you could make your SS month one January, would you want to hold all those sales until then? Wont' your customers want their products as soon as possible? But like I said, IF they let you change it to January, you could still submit them in December. But I think they'd only let you do December. Good luck! I would definitely call the home office. As long as you haven't submitted any sales yet, I don't think there are any other requirements to change it, as long as you haven't changed it before.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the advice. I don't plan on holding all those sales and not submitting them. The only show, so far, that I have been able to submit is my own open house. I am still waiting for the 4 hostesses to give me all there orders. By the way, is it common for people to hold there shows open for so long? I am not sure what I will do. I guess I will just have to stick it out. I am really upset that I most likely won't qualify for my first 2 SS months, and I have been busting my but, plus working my full time job. Maybe I am just not cut out for this. I am not sure what it is that I am doing wrong???? :( My starter month is actually November. And I do have 3 show's in December so far....But one host, a girl I work with, keeps saying she doubts anyone is even going to show. I just don't know what else I can do to get more bookings. Everyone I have talked to is saying that, now's just not a good time, and cash is tight with the upcoming holiday's and fuel prices. I am thinking now was not a good time to start and I should have waited for the new year. :(

For me it's unusual for hosts to hold shows open much more than 5 or 6 days after their show. I make this clear to them in the host coaching process. I let them know that I expect we'll close it out within that time frame so if she's working on outside orders she should get the majority of them BEFORE her show and a few stragglers within a few days after her show from people who couldn't make it at the last minute.

Do you do the "three call" host coaching format? How does host coaching go for you? It sounds like you have a nice consistent schedule of shows so far, so don't get discouraged! That's great! Have you ever done any of the teleclasses? I know sometimes it's hard to find the time when you work FT, but now they're available as pre-recorded ones, so I definitely recommend that. Especially ones about host coaching. Conference ALWAYS has some of those as workshop topics. If you haven't submitted any shows, it might be worth exploring changing your first month to December. That way with all those shows you'll eventually have to submit you'll have a really good chance at earning a SS bonus.

If it's just the hosts whose orders you're waiting on for those four shows, you may need to give them a very concrete deadline. A couple of reasons go into this. One is you want her guests to definitely have their products in time for the holidays. There is the PC deadline of December 14th, but SOOO many consultants are submitting their orders at the last minute at the end of the month that they've had problems getting things out in time. And they're afraid this may happen with that deadline, so I'm encouraging everyone to close out shows by December 9th so there's some leeway. Also, if you need to give her a deadline, you can tell her if you don't hear from her to receive her order by such and such a date, YOU will have to choose her free products for her or she loses out on them. That usually gives host a kick in the butt. I know people on here have had to resort to that, but you also need to think about the guests who've ordered and are probably wondering where the heck their products are.

Hope that helps! Don't get discouraged. YOu have a really good schedule for this time of year, so I think it's great you started now instead of next year. Good luck!!! :D

Last edited:
Thanks so much Becky!!! Now when you said about changing the SS1 to December, would I have to hold the order's and submit them in December? The order's I am waiting on are some guest order's, for some reason at my show's not a lot of people are ordering right then & there. Alot are bringing catalogs home so there husbands & friends can look at them. And also the host order's. All 4 host's want to close this coming weekend. As for the host coaching the majority of them are friends that booked to help me get started. When I was making my calls to them, they were all really excited about their shows and said they knew of a lot of people that were going to at least order, if they could not make it. I even called every host the day before, and day of their show to find out head counts, who they still needed to call and remind, and how the outside order's were coming. All of them thought there was going to be at least 15 definate people there, and it turned out that the most at each show was anywhere between 5 & 9. The only show I did submit was at the begining of November and that was my open house. Thanks again, so much for your help!! I really do appreciate it.

You'll probably have to call HO, but if you've already submitted a show, I don't know if you can change your SS month. You'd have to ask. Then you can ask that if you can in fact change it to December, could you submit any shows in November. They may say if you have shows to submit, why do you need to change the SS month. It's worth a call to ask them all those questions since I don't know for sure. :confused:

You may change your SS#1 month one time. I've had a couple of new consultants actually get SS credit for the combined consecutive months, ie Nov and Dec being SS#1.

If you change your SS1 month to December any shows you submit in November will count toward your SS1 Bonus even though you held, submitted and received commission in Nov.

I signed up in July and changed my SS1 month to August because I had one host to only turn in $50 in orders and another cancel. All the sales I submitted in July counted as my SS1. If you look the SS1 is called your introductory period and can be as long as 2 months. My intro period was from July 8th when I signed my agreement to Aug 31st which was the end of my SS1 month.

1. What is Super Starter Month?

Super Starter Month is a promotion offered by Pampered Chef for new consultants who join during the specified month. It provides extra perks and incentives for starting your Pampered Chef business.

2. How do I participate in Super Starter Month?

To participate in Super Starter Month, you simply need to sign up as a new Pampered Chef consultant during the designated month. The promotion will automatically apply to your new consultant enrollment.

3. What are the benefits of Super Starter Month?

Some of the benefits of Super Starter Month include extra product credit, free shipping on your starter kit, and access to exclusive training and resources to help you kick start your Pampered Chef business.

4. Can I still join Pampered Chef outside of Super Starter Month?

Yes, you can still join Pampered Chef at any time during the year. However, you will not be eligible for the extra perks and incentives offered during Super Starter Month.

5. Where can I find more information about Super Starter Month?

You can find more information about Super Starter Month on the Pampered Chef website or by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to answer any additional questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brandi2007
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
4kids4me
  • MelissaK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DanielleQ
  • basketmom2