• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Substitute Items in the Pampered Chef Super Starter Kit?

In summary, you are able to make substitutions in the Pampered Chef Super Starter Kit, as the company understands that each consultant may already have some items in their collection. You are not obligated to purchase the kit if you already have most of the items, and can make substitutions or purchase individual items as needed. Pampered Chef allows substitutions in the Super Starter Kit, but there are a few items, such as the apron and business supplies, that are not eligible for substitutions.
feliciamck
I have been buying Pampered chef for about 4 years now and love it! During that time, I have lots of items in my collection. I am now thinking of becoming a consultant. My question is, since I have almost every item in the Super Starter Kit, am I obligated to purchase it, or do I have any other options? Will P.C. allow me to make substitutions? I have everything in the kit except for the apron and a few other gadgets.
Thanks!!

Hi Felicia,
Good for you for thinking of becoming a consultant! I was in the exact same boat as you when I signed up...I already had a lot of the stuff in the Super Starter Kit. However, you do need to purchase the Super Starter kit and they don't allow for any substitutions. I have a lot of duplicates now, but it's kind of nice to have an extra Food Chopper or Garlic Press on hand, just in case. I also plan to have a host appreciation event in the next month or two and will offer those extras at maybe a 10% - 15% discount. Another thing you could do is use them for giveaways at any booths you may end up doing or as gifts/thank you's, etc. Let me know if you have any further questions on signing! :D

Thanks Kristen!

That is a great idea! Maybe I could also have a drawing for the items to bring in bookings. I can't wait to get started. I am a little nervous, but I know I would do well, it is just getting started. Thanks for the help!

Just like the 2 of you I had a lot of the items in the kit! I gave them away as monthly Hostess incentive gifts! Every month shows OVER $500 earned the Hostess an entry into my Hostess with the Mostess drawing! All hosts with show totals over $500 would be entered into a drawing for a prize in my prize basket! Hosts that booked in my first months got a better selection. I gave away my extra food chopper 1st! They really wanted that chopper!

OOOOH! I like that one! At least I know I can use the extras for my benefit.

Thanks!

My recomendation is to keep the things you don't want to take out of your kitchen. I always seem to forget something, so on some things I have double and triples of. I have one for the house, one for the trailer(always take PC where ever we camp), and one for my kit. I always forget the can opener, so now I have three. I was in the same boat as you and I gave some away at my open house (I called it my coming out party). I gave tickets for booking a show spending 50 dollars, and spending 100 dollars, bringing a friend or outside order. I recieved 5 bookings, 700 in sales, and a dry mouth because I was so nervous. I am so glad that I finially signed up, now my goal is to be director and go to the bahamas. :D

Sounds like you are doing well! Have you won a trip before? How do you qualify for them, and how do you become a director?

I haven't won a trip yet. I just signed in August, I earned all the bonuses except for plus bonus. For the trip you earn 1 point for every dollar you sell in commisonable sales, except in Feb. it's double points month, so you earn 2 points for every dollar you sell in Feb.
To promote to future directer you need 2 qualified recruits under you. I have one, so one more to go. Then to promote to director you need 5 qualified recruits under you. You can also earn points for a recruit qualifying, I believe it is 2000.
I am very proud of myself, I told my director when I signed I would probably only do 1 show a month, I am doing about 4 a month and slowly increasing. I think I want to do 10 a month. I have been contemplating this biz for about 6 years, I love the products. :D

feliciamck said:
Sounds like you are doing well! Have you won a trip before? How do you qualify for them, and how do you become a director?
Hi Felicia!
That's exciting that you're considering becoming a consultant! You will have a TON of fun. And it's such a good time to join. There's a great promotion going on right now if you didn't know.....you'd get a brand new (it's not even in the catalog yet) Executive 12" skillet ($125 value!) for FREE! Then you'd be part of this awesome incentive we have going on where you can earn the new Executive cookware for free over the next four months. They treat consultants SOOOO well! There are always wonderful mini-incentives, then of course there's always the big year-long incentive program where you can earn trips, merchandise and more. I did earn a trip in last year's program and in a few months, my husband and I will be going on our first ever cruise! What a great way to experience our first cruise....FREE with Pampered Chef!

I'm a Director and NEVER got into it for that reason. I was the same as the previous poster, I just thought I'd do a couple shows a month, get some commission checks and earn free products. But I discovered how much more it could be for me and enjoyed PC so much that I HAD to start sharing it with people. It's funny how life takes you in directions you never thought you'd go. Plus I used to hate to cook and speak in front of others!

Anyway, as you can see this is an awesome and extremely helpful website. Post any questions you have. If you need help weighing pros and cons, feel free to contact me. :) Good luck!

Hi Felicia - I joined "on a dare" honestly! I already had some PC but wanted more and was at a show with my daughter (she's 20) I could not keep my mouth shut while the consultant was doing her demo...I just kept talking about how wonderful everything was. My daughter said "Mama, you should just be standing up there instead of her" LOL....I signed up the next day....to get more of the kitchen tools that I wanted but also to give it a try. My children are all off in college and it has been great for me. I never thought I would stick with it for almost two years. I have one recruit under me but that really hasnt been what I have been focusing on...yet. I earned all 3 SS bonus kits and the Level One trip this year...weekend get-away. My goal is the Bahamas trip next year...I may have to settle for San Francisco, but that ok too! I do maybe 4-6 shows a month and have had awesome luck with my website. I am really going to promote the new wedding registry. I placed an ad in a Bridal Guide that goes all over this area of my state and I've already gotten 3 calls. The brides are really excited over the new type of registry.

So go for it! The new Executive Cookware is awesome and the skillet is an awesome incentive! These boards are great and the files are such a big help. Email me if you have any questions! Cindy

Hi
If you have alot of the products, just use them as a great gift for a hostess. If they help you get bookings at there shows that is the time I would give them a product.. Or when your a director give the product to your highest seller or a nice incentive... Plus Its nice to have duplicates of products so you don't have to carry them back and forth from your kitchen.. Keep products in your car and no forgetting ....

Have a successful business...
Carol :)

I am just getting started as well actually and the lady that's going to sign me on gave me some great advice. She said you NEVER want to use the same PC tools that you use in your kitchen for your shows! You don't want worn out looking tools at your shows. Cause yeah, I have a few things already that come in the starter kit and I asked if I should use them as host gifts. She said I could, but...then she gave me that advice. :)
Just thought I would share.
I know I am VERY late replying on this and you have probably done very well in the business already Felicia! ;)
~Emily

1. Can I make substitutions in the Pampered Chef Super Starter Kit?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the Super Starter Kit. Pampered Chef understands that each consultant may already have some items in their collection and offers the option to customize the kit to fit your needs.

2. Am I obligated to purchase the Super Starter Kit if I already have most of the items?

No, you are not obligated to purchase the Super Starter Kit if you already have most of the items. As mentioned before, you can make substitutions to customize the kit to your liking.

3. What options do I have if I already have most of the items in the Super Starter Kit?

You have the option to make substitutions in the kit or you can choose to purchase individual items as needed. You can also contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on other starter kit options.

4. Will Pampered Chef allow me to make substitutions in the Super Starter Kit?

Yes, Pampered Chef allows you to make substitutions in the Super Starter Kit. They understand that each consultant's needs may vary and offer the option to customize the kit.

5. Are there any items that are not eligible for substitutions in the Super Starter Kit?

Yes, there are a few items that are not eligible for substitutions in the Super Starter Kit. These items include the apron, order forms, catalogs, and some business supplies. However, you can still purchase these items separately if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cassandra Blair
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Kari L Ferrell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Tabatha Hays