• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Dessert Ideas for SS Kit Show 10/27

In summary, we have a consultant, Michelle from Billerica, MA, who is looking for ideas for a dessert to make with her Super Starter Kit for a show on 10/27. She has been making the garden veggie pizza and it has been a hit, but one person did not like it at a previous show. She tried making phyllo bundles, but found the dough too difficult to work with. Other consultants suggested the banana toffee pizza, the chocolate chip sensation, and the Bananas Foster Dip as options for the Super Starter Kit. Michelle also asked for a recipe file from another consultant, Rebecca, and Lauren forwarded it to her. Finally, there is a mention of the first Super Starter dessert made by another
Chef Michelle D
I was wondering what type of dessert is good to make with the ss kit. I have been making the garden veggie pizza and eveyone loves it. But I have a show set for 10/27 and this person did not like the pizza when she had it at a show of mine last month.

She would like me to make a dessert, I did do the phyllo bundles at home but I really did not like them. The phyllo dough is to hard to work with, so if anyone had other ideas I would appreciate it.

Michelle De Angelis
Billerica, MA

Hey Michelle! I am assuming that you have a Season's Best cookbook and in each cookbook, the last 2 recipes in each section are for Super Starters meaning those specific recipes can be used by SS since they are on limited tools. Hope I helped! :)

I have done the banana toffee pizza very yummy and easy

The Chocolate Chip Sensation is awesome, easy and can be done with the Starter Kit. Let me know if you are interested and I will post the recipe. It is always a big hit (chocolate chip cookie, cream cheese and chocolate pudding! Yum!).

jenniferlynne said:
The Chocolate Chip Sensation is awesome, easy and can be done with the Starter Kit. Let me know if you are interested and I will post the recipe. It is always a big hit (chocolate chip cookie, cream cheese and chocolate pudding! Yum!).

I would love to have this recipe sounds yummy!!!

Thanks
shanon

Thanks Kristi yes I do know about the seasons best recipes and I did try the chocolate banana phyllo bundles but I did not want to do them because of the phyllo dough and the other recipe in the latest and greatest seasons best also uses puff pastry sheets and I don't want to have the trouble of using them at a show.

Jennifer, I would love the chocolate chip sensation recipe. I do have some older copies of the seasons best and I will look in those for other ideas but I wanted to see what other consultants were using for recipes using the SS kit. Thanks everyone.

Michelle

I think the Bananas Foster Dip is something you can do with the Super Starter Kit. I did a search of Season's Bests on CC and here it is:

The Pampered Chef ®
Bananas Foster Dip
Recipe

1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
1 medium banana, coarsely chopped
1 lemon
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 jar (12 ounces) hot caramel ice cream topping
2 apples, cut into wedges, or butter cookies

Preheat oven to 350°F. Chop pecans and banana using Food Chopper. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest; chop zest using Utility Knife. Juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice.

Combine banana, lemon zest, juice, cinnamon and ice cream topping in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper®. Pour mixture into Small Oval Baker. Sprinkle pecans over caramel mixture. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Cut apples into wedges using Crinkle Cutter. Serve dip with apples or butter cookies.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: (Light) (2 tablespoons dip and 2 apple slices): Calories 130, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 45 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: Pantry Korintje Cinnamon can be substituted for the ground cinnamon, if desired.

Dip the apple wedges into additional lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.

Try this dessert as a topping over scoops of ice cream or slices of pound cake.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

If anyone has the Chocolate Chip Sensation recipe I would love it. Thanks, Michelle

Here you go!

Attachments

• Chocolate Chip Sensation.doc
    24 KB · Views: 421
recipe fileRebecca
Do you still have that huge recipe file you mentioned on a different thread. I sent you an email, but I am not sure if it went thru...I just started on this message board,and I am not sure if I am doing everything correctly. I have never been on one before. :eek: If not could you email a copy to me....Next month is my SS1 and I only have the recipes that I print out here or o/o SB. I would greatly appreciate it. :D Thanks so much!!!1

I jsut forwarded the recipe files to you...I had her send it to me a week or 2 ago

Thanks!Thanks a lot Lauren!!!!! :D

recipe filesLauren,
I hate to be a pain in the but :eek: ,but I still haven't received those files yet.
Do you think you could send them again....I'm sorry, Thanks!

Starter DesertsThe first SS desert I made was the Warm Apple Almond Pastry. The puff pastry is actually very EASY to work with (as long as you thaw it in the microwave on LOW, not full power like I did at my first show :eek: -luckily that was before the demo and it still turned out beautiful). Guests were impressed and it is a nice fall desert. Its in the 04 and 05 fall season's best (on the last page)

chefbilyeu said:
Here you go!

Rebecca,

Thank You for posting that for me. I haven't had the chance to get on here for a couple of days.

ss recipeAlso, the Strawberry Banana Sundae Pizza is great, you can do it on the Large Round or double the recipe and do it in the bar pan. It has been a big hit at my last two shows and was requested for my show tomorrow night! :)

Could you post the strawberry banana sundae pizza recipe? :D

1. What ingredients are included in the SS Kit for the Delicious Dessert Ideas?

The SS Kit for the Delicious Dessert Ideas includes a variety of ingredients such as baking mixes, chocolate chips, sprinkles, and other decorating supplies.

2. Are there any gluten-free options available for the dessert ideas?

Yes, the SS Kit for the Delicious Dessert Ideas offers gluten-free alternatives for certain ingredients, such as gluten-free flour or gluten-free baking mixes.

3. Can I make these dessert ideas in advance for a party or event?

Absolutely! Many of the dessert ideas in the SS Kit can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve. Just be sure to follow the storage instructions provided with each recipe.

4. Are there any vegan or dairy-free options for the dessert ideas?

Yes, there are vegan and dairy-free options available for the dessert ideas in the SS Kit. These options will be clearly marked and include substitutes for dairy products such as almond milk or coconut oil.

5. Can I customize the dessert ideas to fit my dietary restrictions or preferences?

Absolutely! The SS Kit for the Delicious Dessert Ideas includes a variety of recipes that can be easily customized to fit different dietary restrictions or preferences. Whether you are looking for a low-sugar option or a vegan alternative, there are plenty of options to choose from.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennyk
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pampered Patty
  • PamperedSD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
Replies