• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grease Stuck on Stoneware - Help!

In summary, the person's stoneware got greasy and they tried different things to get the grease off including baking soda paste and hot water.
magentablue
I made turkey bacon on the bar pan and didn't get around to cleaning it in a timely manner.

Now I have a layer of grease on the stoneware that won't come off. I scrubbed with the brown thing and with a brush. My brush is filled with grease (I plan to throw that in the dishwasher later). I still have a white coating of grease. Very gross... looks like I covered my stoneware in lard, and I can't seem to scrub it off.

Suggestions?

Is the grease cold? It won't come off if it is. I would say to put it back in a low temp oven to warm the grease so you can pour most of it off and then use the hot water and scraper to get the rest.

Have you tried letting scalding hot water run over it for a few minutes? I have a piece of stoneware with the same problem of a greasy buildup. My Team Leader suggested I try a baking soda paste. Haven't gotten that far yet today, but that will be my next attempt I think.

i've done the baking soda paste before and had success with it!

kristina16marie said:
i've done the baking soda paste before and had success with it!

...and a little lemon juice!!!

Keep using baking soda on it.
When I first heard about making bacon on the bar pan, I think I made 3-4 batches before I noticed it was soaking through to the bottom. Way disgusting. Now I use parchment paper.

I learned the hard way about making bacon in the bar pan too. Don't make bacon or extremely greasy items in an unseasoned pan. It soaks right through and will continue to drip out during every use aftewards!

Now, if you just have a greasy pan that is somewhat seasoned, I also recommend baking soda and really hot water.

I was also going to suggest baking soda paste :)

Another thought, did you use the handy scraper?

I have done bacon on mine for years. I seasoned my second one with it, and haven't had any problems at all. Now that mine are all seasoned, I often use a teeny, tiny drop of soap to take all the grease off of them. No matter how much hot water I use, they're still greasy.

1. How do I remove grease from my stoneware?

To remove grease from stoneware, mix equal parts baking soda and water to form a paste. Rub the paste onto the greasy areas and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Then, scrub with a non-abrasive sponge and rinse with hot water.

2. Will using harsh chemicals damage my stoneware?

Yes, using harsh chemicals such as bleach or ammonia can damage the surface of your stoneware. Stick to using natural cleaning solutions like baking soda and avoid using abrasive sponges or scouring pads.

3. Can I put my greasy stoneware in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put greasy stoneware in the dishwasher as the high heat can cause the grease to become even more stuck on. Handwashing with hot water and soap is the best method for removing grease from stoneware.

4. How often should I clean my stoneware to prevent grease buildup?

It is recommended to clean your stoneware after each use to prevent grease buildup. If you notice any grease residue after cleaning, repeat the cleaning process or try using a stoneware cleaner. Regular upkeep will help prevent heavy grease buildup.

5. Can I use stoneware cleaner to remove grease?

Yes, stoneware cleaner can be used to remove grease from stoneware. Follow the instructions on the cleaner and use a non-abrasive sponge to scrub the greasy areas. Rinse thoroughly with hot water before using the stoneware again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jesusluvsu2005
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies