• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Dump Cake Recipe for Your DCB | Perfect for Book Club Lunch!

In summary, the dump cake recipe that was shared involved a mix of cake mix, peach pie filling, and a topping of dry cake mix and pecans. Some people found the dump cake to be too sweet, while others thought it was good. There are also a variety of flavors available for the dump cake, depending on what ingredients are available.
babywings76
Gold Member
So how are you guys liking the dump cakes in the DCB? Any luck? For my book club lunch today, I just thought I should have a dessert too. Thought I'd just do something super fast and easy in the DCB, but thought I'd see what you all are finding with this recipe.

That training call w/ Michael Reeves, the woman's (can't remember her name, who shared the dump cake recipe) recipe was this:

1 yellow cake mix (not the butter recipe kind)
Peach pie filling
1 1/2 sticks of butter (in pats)
Lid on, cook 10 minutes
Then Stir and add caramel sprinkles on top (optional) and cook another 3 minutes.

Serve in DCB, serve w/ ice cream

So, anyone? Other flavor varieties? I have apple pie filling, so was going to use that.

Anyone know if there is a chocolate version?

I haven't tried at, but I'm thinking that if you have apple pie filling, a spice cake mix would be good... And maybe sprinkle with Sweet Caramel or Cinnamon Sprinkles? Just a thought. I bet that if you used a chocolate cake mix that cherry pie filling would be good. OR maybe banana? I don't think that there is a banana pie filling to buy, but maybe banana pudding? I don't know... just a thought.

I tried it and found it too sweet for my taste....the kids liked it, but big surprise! I had read another thread that mentioned chocolate cake and cherries.....

I'm still hooked on pineapple upside down cake in the fluted pan, 10 minutes in micro.....but, well....I'm a broken record. He He

babywings76 said:
So, anyone? Other flavor varieties? I have apple pie filling, so was going to use that.

Anyone know if there is a chocolate version?

I would think you could do cherry pie filling with a chocolate cake mix. Haven't tried it (really don't need a whole DCB filled with a desert around here!).

I should try a Tupperware recipe that a consultant taught me years ago. It's to go in the large rectangular rock n serve. I think it would be good for the DCB.Black Forest Microwave Cake8 oz crushed pineapple
21 oz cherry pie filling
1 cup pecans
1 stick melted butter
Devil's Food Cake mixDrain pineapple, reserve liquid. Spread pineapple on bottom of DCB. Add pie filling. Spread gently. Sprinkle dry cake mix onto filling; top with chopped pecans.Combine melted butter and pineapple juice and pour on top. Microwave on high 12 min. Cool and serve w/ whipped topping.

Where does the term "dump cake" come from :confused:

It's because all the ingredients are dumped in, you don't mix things (prepare according to directions and so forth)

ButterflyVioletta said:
Where does the term "dump cake" come from :confused:

I've always figured it was because you just dump everything in, and bake it.

Dump a can of this, Dump a box of that....and then you have Dump Cake!:p

I don't care for the micro cakes. But, I know lots of people who love them. They are pretty cheap to try so give it a whirl and see what you think :)

:D Gotcha! PS I will never use this term in my house of boys and men however...I will spare you but there would be a ton of laughter....

ButterflyVioletta said:
:D Gotcha!

PS I will never use this term in my house of boys and men however...I will spare you but there would be a ton of laughter....

My BF would be right there laughing along with them. lol.. they are so silly!

i have tried a chocolate cake mix with cherry pie filling and it came out pretty well. i also tried the original recipe from michael reeves with the peach filling and it was good. i think it tastes best served with a scoop of ice cream, and a great way to show off the ice cream scoop!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I would think you could do cherry pie filling with a chocolate cake mix. Haven't tried it (really don't need a whole DCB filled with a desert around here!).

Ain't THAT the truth!! I have a hard time trying recipes before demoing at a show- because then I'm stuck with all the food that I don't need! The brownies, etc are one thing- I can easily make up a plate and take it to the neighbors or the local Police/Fire depts (they love that), but cakes are harder- you can't hide the evidence of the taste-test.

I personally don't think that one can of pie filling is enough, I like lots of fruit for more of a cobbler. With the peach pie filling, I add a can of light syrup sliced peaches. A clustermate of mine did a chocolate cake with a can of cherry pie filling and then found a bag of frozen cherries that she added to it. I have also heard that the apple with the spice cake is awesome.

esavvymom said:
Ain't THAT the truth!! I have a hard time trying recipes before demoing at a show- because then I'm stuck with all the food that I don't need! The brownies, etc are one thing- I can easily make up a plate and take it to the neighbors or the local Police/Fire depts (they love that), but cakes are harder- you can't hide the evidence of the taste-test.

There's a thought, maybe I could go visit the Fire fighters with some brownies. :)

At our last Team meeting we used Strawberry cake mix and scooped in the cream cheese frosting over the top, turned onto plate and your done. Add some fresh strawberries to dress it up.And yes, my husband and two sons would also die of laughter with dump cake! LOL

This sounds like wonderful recipes but can someone please tell me what "DCB" stands for. I know I will kick myself for not knowing, once I am told.

Thanks
Venessa H. :blushing:

Deep Covered Baker

We've been loving the peach recipe and today I made the yellow cake with cherry pie filling and the caramel sprinkles and it's great too. I do like them all best with some whipped cream on top!

I tried it ... thought it was way too sweet ... and it didn't get done. My microwave is only 800 watts and no turntable. And if I can't make it at home, that is just an example of what COULD happen at a host's home.

1. What is a "Super Fast Dessert in Dcb"?

A "Super Fast Dessert in Dcb" is a dessert recipe that can be made quickly and easily using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef. The DCB is a stoneware baking dish that is designed to cook food quickly and evenly in the microwave or oven.

2. Are there specific recipes for "Super Fast Dessert in Dcb" or can any dessert be made in it?

There are specific recipes created by Pampered Chef for "Super Fast Dessert in Dcb" that have been tested and perfected for use in the DCB. However, you can also use your own dessert recipes in the DCB with some modifications to the cooking time and temperature.

3. How long does it take to make a "Super Fast Dessert in Dcb"?

The cooking time for a "Super Fast Dessert in Dcb" will vary depending on the specific recipe you are using. However, most recipes can be made in under 15 minutes, making it a quick and easy dessert option for any occasion.

4. Can I make a "Super Fast Dessert in Dcb" in the microwave or does it have to be baked in the oven?

The DCB is designed to be used in both the microwave and oven, so you can choose whichever method works best for you. Keep in mind that cooking times may vary between the two methods, so be sure to follow the specific recipe instructions for the best results.

5. Is the "Super Fast Dessert in Dcb" easy to clean?

Yes, the DCB is dishwasher safe and easy to clean. However, it is recommended to let the dish cool down before washing it to avoid any cracking or damage. Also, avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges on the stoneware to maintain its quality and longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • lovenpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkgriff
Replies
Views
ShellBeach