1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Summer Tortellini Salad

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I doubled the recipe, but there seems to be too much salad dressing. I've stirred it all around and it seems to be too much. Will this absorb more as it chills in the fridge, or should I cook up some more tortellini to add to it?

May 25, 2009
  2. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I'd add some more tortellini.

May 25, 2009
  3. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Pour the salad into the large Colander & let it drain.....HTH

May 25, 2009
  4. Deb Bixler

Deb Bixler Member Gold Member

Cooking is art not science so things will not always be perfect depending on types of ingredients, etc. Frequently doubling a recipe you will find that it is not necessary to double all the ingredients. Pasta definitely absorbs liquid as it sits. If you find after "resting" it is to watery then just use less next time or use more pasta as suggested.

May 25, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Well I ended up leaving it as is. DH thought it seemed fine. I thought maybe some of the liquid would absorb and feared that if I added more pasta it might seem dry later. It turned out well, I think. I probably could've added more veggies and tortellini though and it would've been fine.

May 25, 2009
Have something to add?