• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Delicious Summer Tortellini Salad Recipe | Adjusting for Too Much Dressing

In summary, the ingredients for the Summer Tortellini Salad are cheese tortellini, cherry tomatoes, fresh corn kernels, red onion, basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper. You can use frozen tortellini for this recipe, just make sure to cook it first. You can also substitute the balsamic vinegar with your preferred dressing. The salad will stay fresh in the fridge for 2-3 days and you can add protein such as grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu to the salad before serving.
babywings76
Gold Member
I doubled the recipe, but there seems to be too much salad dressing. I've stirred it all around and it seems to be too much. Will this absorb more as it chills in the fridge, or should I cook up some more tortellini to add to it?

I'd add some more tortellini.

Pour the salad into the large Colander & let it drain.....HTH

Cooking is art not science so things will not always be perfect depending on types of ingredients, etc. Frequently doubling a recipe you will find that it is not necessary to double all the ingredients. Pasta definitely absorbs liquid as it sits. If you find after "resting" it is to watery then just use less next time or use more pasta as suggested.

Well I ended up leaving it as is. DH thought it seemed fine. I thought maybe some of the liquid would absorb and feared that if I added more pasta it might seem dry later. It turned out well, I think. I probably could've added more veggies and tortellini though and it would've been fine.

What ingredients do I need for the Summer Tortellini Salad?

The ingredients for the Summer Tortellini Salad are:

• 1 pound of cheese tortellini
  • 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cup of fresh corn kernels
  • 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
  • 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Can I use frozen tortellini for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen tortellini for this recipe. Just be sure to cook it according to package instructions before adding it to the salad.

Can I substitute the balsamic vinegar with another type of dressing?

Yes, you can substitute the balsamic vinegar with your preferred dressing. Some options include Italian dressing, ranch dressing, or a homemade vinaigrette.

How long will the Summer Tortellini Salad stay fresh in the fridge?

The Summer Tortellini Salad will stay fresh in the fridge for 2-3 days. Be sure to store it in an airtight container to maintain its freshness.

Can I add protein to this salad?

Yes, you can add protein to this salad such as grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu. Simply cook the protein of your choice and add it to the salad before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • otisbg