1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Summer Theme Shows

1. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

What are some cool ideas for summer parties? What about recipes specific for summertime? Any ideas are appreciated. :)

May 4, 2009
  2. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

The obvious ones: Hawaiian, Tropical, Beach, Poolside

I am sure someone is much more creative than me.

3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Ice Cream Socials,
    Cheeseburgers In Paradise (Jimmy Buffet theme - grill burgers, or make Cheeseburger Salad),
    I still like to do the "It's A Wrap" theme (It's in the theme show archives) featuring Wrap Sandwiches...

May 4, 2009
  4. JBigler

JBigler Novice Member

I love doing ice cream socials, grill parties, and couple parties in the summer. I always have fun doing a "cook off" between the women and men- especially when the weather is nice and we can be out on the deck or patio.

May 4, 2009
  5. Lifeat50

Lifeat50 Member

Tell me more about your couples parties. I have two coming up in June! I am new and need help!!!

May 4, 2009
  6. TrishPCMommy

TrishPCMommy Member Gold Member

Hawaiian Luau (Chicken & Pineapple Kebobs- now with the Pineapple Rum Sauce and Pineapple Upside Down Cake in Fluted Stone)

Beach Boys (California Club Pizza and Triple-Citrus Mojitos or Pina Colada Upside Down Cake

I hadn't thought of the Jimmy Buffet one... I'm going to borrow that one too!! Thx!

Trish

May 4, 2009
  7. How do I make the Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the fluted stone? Everyone loves the Pina Colada Upside Cake in the skillet, but the stoneware would be even easier (I'm assuming it's cooked in the microwave)

Jun 24, 2009
  8. TrishPCMommy

TrishPCMommy Member Gold Member

Heat 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of dark brown sugar and 1 med. size can of crushed pineapple (or 1/4 of fresh pineapple (Pineapple Wedger) crushed with Mix 'N Chop) in saucepan until dissolved. Mix a Duncan Hines pineapple cake mix with 3 eggs and 16 oz of sour cream in Batter Bowl. Pour tepid mixture from saucepan into fluted pan and spoon cake mix on top, then microwave on high for 13 minutes. Place on cooling rack, let rest 10-15 minutes and then turn out and serve.

I've heard some make the pineapple "sauce" in the micro-cooker too, but I don't know how long it's in the microwave before the butter and sugar dissolve with the pineapple. You will need the juice from the fresh pineapple though!

Jun 24, 2009
  9. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Here is something I just got from my up-line. It has so many GREAT idea's!!

Attached Files:

10. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Love this - its great!

Jun 24, 2009
  11. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Can someone explain the Ice Cream Social to me???? I'm sure its obvious but I just thought I'd ask so I don't overlook something!

Jun 24, 2009
  12. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

There are two ways that I know of to do an Ice Cream Social. One is to have stations with different things that guests can use to build their own sundae, like chop nuts with the chopper, slice strawberries with the ESP, scoop ice cream with the dipper, cool whip from the EAD etc.

There's also a "No Cold Stone" show I recently got a hand out on which involves putting the ingredients for each serving into a S/S bowl and mixing them up with the Mix 'N Chop. There's another similar thread somewhere with attachments.

Jun 24, 2009
  13. Luv 2 Cook

Luv 2 Cook Member

I would love to do one for college kids and their parents, any ideas?? My cousin booked a show and her daughter leaves in August for college, many of her daughter's friends parents will be at the party so we are hoping to go with a college theme "College Survival".

Jun 25, 2009
  14. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

Does anyone know how to do the pizza on the grill? Can you do it gas and charcoal?

Thanks

Judy

Jun 25, 2009
  15. I do pizza on the grill when I am camping. I have used both charcoal and gas. I like gas a little better because you can monitor the temp better.

Mindy

16. I did the Italian-Style Grilled Pizza at one of my June shows. It was a HUGE hit! Plus, it was fast and easy. We also did Grilled Pineapple Sundaes, which let me demo the Pineapple Wedger and the Kernel Cutter. It was a great show.

17. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

Italian style grilled pizza...sounds familiar, but I'm not placing it. Where can you find this recipe?

Have something to add?