• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Tips for Making Summer Spaghetti for a Weekend Event?

In summary, the recipe calls for chicken broth, white wine, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Some people substitute chicken broth for white wine, lemon juice for wine, or use both. The recipe also calls for spaghetti, which can be either ronzoni or dreamfields low carb high fiber spaghetti. The recipe always turns out great and is a good way to showcase the wine opener.
chefsteph07
I am planning on making this for 2 shows I have next weekend, does anyone have any tips on this? From what I have read from some of you on here, it's a good recipe.... I am not sure I will be able to give it a run through this week! LOL

I didn't have any issues both times I have made it. I do think it would be great to utilize the grill pan and press to cook the chicken while the spaghetti is in the microwave :)

I've made it twice. While it tastes great, my husband and I think it's kinda pasty. I tried cooking it differently the second time (cut down on the initial cooking time and added some water when adding the broccoli), but it didn't help. I think it might have something to do with the sauce. Or I might try adding a bit of olive oil to the chicken broth/lemon juice mix when cooking next time.

I liked it, but my kids didn't like the lemon and we all wished that the veggies had cooked longer, they were still too crunchy for our taste.

My only comment would be, when I make it again, I will use a little less lemon juice, although I found it tasty and satisfying. I personally liked the veggies a bit crunchy but I guess that would be a preference thing.

I'd cut down on the lemon as well. I added yellow squash as well. The recipe called for olive oil, I did half that and half garlic oil...didn't know if did the whole thing it would be too much garlic with the 3 cloves too but personally could likely have added more.

Has anyone tried substituting some of the Chicken broth for a dry white wine? I wanted to incorporate our wine bottle opener in the recipe

Great idea on the wine!!! Since I thought there was too much lemon flavor I may substitute some of the lemon juice for wine! GREAT way to showcase the wine opener. I earned it and didn't try it forever because I loved the old one that had been discontinued years ago but one day I couldn't find that one and tried the new one....AWESOME!!

I have made this many times now and we like it best using chicken broth, white wine and lemon zest with just a small squeeze of the lemon juice. It shows lots of products and always comes out great! I use either ronzoni or dreamfields low carb high fiber spaghetti and it cooks up really nice!

1. How do I make summer spaghetti?

To make summer spaghetti, start by boiling a pot of salted water and cooking your spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. In a separate pan, sauté your choice of vegetables (such as zucchini, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions) in olive oil until they are tender. Once the vegetables are cooked, add in some chopped fresh herbs (such as basil or parsley) and garlic. Drain the cooked spaghetti and add it to the pan with the vegetables. Toss everything together and season with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve hot and enjoy your summer spaghetti!

2. Can I use any type of pasta for summer spaghetti?

While spaghetti is the traditional pasta used for this dish, you can definitely use any type of pasta you prefer. Some great alternatives for summer spaghetti include angel hair, linguine, or even penne. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as different types of pasta may cook at different rates.

3. What are some tips for keeping my summer spaghetti light and refreshing?

To keep your summer spaghetti light and refreshing, try using a light sauce such as a lemon garlic olive oil or a simple tomato and basil sauce. You can also add in plenty of fresh vegetables and herbs for added flavor and nutrition. Additionally, try serving your summer spaghetti with a light salad or fresh fruit for a complete and balanced meal.

4. Can I make summer spaghetti ahead of time?

While summer spaghetti is best enjoyed fresh, you can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge for a few days. Just make sure to reheat it gently and add a little extra olive oil or lemon juice to refresh the flavors. You can also add in some extra fresh herbs or vegetables before serving to liven it up.

5. How can I make my summer spaghetti gluten-free?

If you are looking to make your summer spaghetti gluten-free, there are a few options. First, you can use gluten-free pasta made from alternative flours such as rice or quinoa. You can also use zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash as a gluten-free alternative. Additionally, make sure to use gluten-free ingredients for your sauce and toppings, such as gluten-free soy sauce or tamari for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kmaynard
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
bnlgal
  • byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies