• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Delicious Summer Salad Recipes | Plan Your Outdoor Show Now

In summary, the conversation discussed different salad ideas and recipes for a Summer Salads Show. Some suggestions included a Strawberry Spinach Salad, a Cool & Crunchy Taco Salad, and a Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad. There were also suggestions for Sangria recipes and using the Pampered Chef chopper to prepare toppings for a salad bar. The conversation also included recipes for a Barcelona Sangria and a Southwestern Salad with a spicy dressing.
bridedream
I was searching through the files section and came across an invitation to a Summer Salads Show. Has anybody done one? Have an outline? Recipe suggestion?

I have a show coming up in 2 weeks and the host wants to have it outside. I was thinking of suggesting a trifle, but salads could be nice. I should have my Cool & Serve by then, too.

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f20/jenns-awesome-invitations-1154/

At our cluster meeting we made one with Strawberries, spinach, almonds, cukes.... can't remember everything. They said it was an old recipe (not in a current cookbook), but it was wonderful. We put it together like you would do any other one at a show. You could give recipes for others and give tips to keep the heat out of the kitchen. Here in TX I would hate to do a show outside. Good luck to you.

lesliec said:
At our cluster meeting we made one with Strawberries, spinach, almonds, cukes.... can't remember everything. They said it was an old recipe (not in a current cookbook), but it was wonderful. We put it together like you would do any other one at a show. You could give recipes for others and give tips to keep the heat out of the kitchen. Here in TX I would hate to do a show outside. Good luck to you.
That would be the Strawberry Spinach Salad. Love it - just did it for an outdoor show Saturday, along w/ the 30 minute chicken.

If you look in the files here, you'll find it easily.

I pretty much do only Salad Shows during the Summer. This summer, I'm offering the Strawberry Spinach Salad w/ 30 Minute Chicken, or the Cool & Crunchy Taco Salad, or the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad.

Loveto do salad shows all summer too . Summer , Salad & Sangria shows so easy , add grilled chicken or 30 min chicken Done a great show

anymore info on the Summer Salad and Sangria show would be greatly appreciated. Invitation, and Sangria recipe especially. TIA

purpleluvs3 said:
anymore info on the Summer Salad and Sangria show would be greatly appreciated. Invitation, and Sangria recipe especially. TIA

Barb's first post in this thread had a link to Jen's Awesome Invitations, which the summer salad one is absolutely perfect for this....and fillable

There are 3 great sounding Sangria Recipes on pamperedchef.com, but I have a slightly more complicated version I serve and everyone loves.

Barcelona Sangria
Ingredients
• 1 lemon, sliced (maybe with the mandoline?)
• 1 orange, sliced
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger vodka
• 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger cointreau or triple sec
• 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger gin
• 1/4 cup orange soda
• 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
• 3/4 cup pineapple juice
• 3/4 cup orange juice
• 1 cup ice cubes
• 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine
Directions
1. Place the brown sugar in a large pitcher. Pour in vodka, cointreau, gin, orange soda, lemon-lime soda, pineapple juice, and orange juice. Stir well until the sugar has dissolved. Add the lemon and orange.
2. Add ice cubes and pour in red wine; stir some more.

At our cluster meeting this weekend we came up w/ a few ideas for shows...and thought a salad show where everyone gets to help cut, chop, prepare, and pick all their own toppings would be fun....and also a baked potato bar....and let them use the chopper to make all of their toppings :)

BlueMoon said:
Barb's first post in this thread had a link to Jen's Awesome Invitations, which the summer salad one is absolutely perfect for this....and fillable

There are 3 great sounding Sangria Recipes on pamperedchef.com, but I have a slightly more complicated version I serve and everyone loves.

Barcelona Sangria
Ingredients
• 1 lemon, sliced (maybe with the mandoline?)
• 1 orange, sliced
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger vodka
• 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger cointreau or triple sec
• 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger gin
• 1/4 cup orange soda
• 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
• 3/4 cup pineapple juice
• 3/4 cup orange juice
• 1 cup ice cubes
• 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine
Directions
1. Place the brown sugar in a large pitcher. Pour in vodka, cointreau, gin, orange soda, lemon-lime soda, pineapple juice, and orange juice. Stir well until the sugar has dissolved. Add the lemon and orange.
2. Add ice cubes and pour in red wine; stir some more.

Yummmm!

Thanks, Marghi! I just got my family size quick stir pitcher today. I'm thinking of making this for my pool-side show coming up this month!

I am thinking of making a 7 layer salad in the trifle bowl for my show next Saturday. Anyone have a recipe?

I'm liking the cool & crunchy chicken tacos made as a salad, and I love PC's Southwestern Salad.

Southwestern Salad

Ingredients:
Dressing

3/4 cup (175 mL) ranch salad dressing
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 tsp (10 mL) taco seasoning
1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice

Salad

1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 cup (250 mL) diced red bell pepper
1 pkg (10oz/300g) torn romaine lettuce
1 cup (250 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup (125 mL) whole kernel corn
2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken
1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and diced (optional)

Directions:
For dressing, combine salad dressing, jalapeño pepper, seasoning and lime juice in small bowl; whisk until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For salad, slice olives and dice bell pepper on Cutting Board. In large serving bowl, combine lettuce, olives, bell pepper, beans, corn and chicken. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat. If desired, top with avocado. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 17 g, Sodium 570 mg, Fiber 4 g

© 2010 The Pampered Chef used under license.
The Pampered Chef

If you go to the files section, here on CS and type Trifle or Salad...there's a HUGE collection of trifle salad recipes. Lots of great recipes!

Another salad that I did for the first time yesterday for a show is the Warm Lemon Pepper Grilled Chicken Salad. SO GOOD, and it shows a TON of products! We served it with french bread and dipping oils - it was a great demo!

I love that salad Becky! First time I made it, I ate it 3 days in a row! Didn't suggest it here as I got caught up on the layered portion. I agree that it's a fab show recipe...I suggested and gushed all about it when I first made it. Think I even suggested it somewhere as an alternative recipe for the DCB scare. :D

Whoops - missed the part about needing layered salads. :)

But this was such a great demo, and everyone loved it! 7 guests (3 of them elderly), will close the show well over $500 - as high as $700 (if one lady who didn't place her order buys what she says she's buying...) and 2 more bookings!

It's the first time I've used the grill pan at a show - and people were so impressed with how it cooked the chicken!

Ah chica....no worries or corrections....completely not my intention! If the idea is good, share it! lol

I need to get a grill pan. I do the chicken in the DCB as guests are arriving. Then we proceed with the rest for the demo. As you mentioned....lots of tools to show off.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Ah chica....no worries or corrections....completely not my intention! If the idea is good, share it! lol

I need to get a grill pan. I do the chicken in the DCB as guests are arriving. Then we proceed with the rest for the demo. As you mentioned....lots of tools to show off.

It was sort of a challenge to myself, to see if I could do a good demo, and get bookings, without using the DCB! My host had seen the recipe in the catalog, and asked about it - and usually I would have discouraged it, but I loved the variety of products it used, so I went with it.

A couple things I did differently though. I like this salad much better if the onion and pepper are cooked a bit - so I cooked the chicken in the pan before the show, and then wiped it mostly clean...and stir-fried the pepper and onion for just a couple of minutes while I was slicing and microing the potatoes (did the peas ahead of time too).

Oh I like the idea of a quick stir fry! I also had the peas done beforehand and draining in our SS colanders. I was thinking of making the potatoes in the batter bowl, having the peas in our microcooker and using the salad choppers and colander for the artichokes. Allow me to show off a bit more. What do you think?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Oh I like the idea of a quick stir fry! I also had the peas done beforehand and draining in our SS colanders. I was thinking of making the potatoes in the batter bowl, having the peas in our microcooker and using the salad choppers and colander for the artichokes. Allow me to show off a bit more. What do you think?

I think that sounds great - especially with July's host bonuses! I mixed it together in the 6 qt. SS bowl, and then served it in the large bamboo bowl w/ the bamboo claws - put all of that together, and we're using almost every Host Bonus for July & August, plus one of the guest bonuses! :):thumbup:

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I'm liking the cool & crunchy chicken tacos made as a salad, and I love PC's Southwestern Salad.

If you go to the files section, here on CS and type Trifle or Salad...there's a HUGE collection of trifle salad recipes. Lots of great recipes!

Thank you!

I love this idea! I did search for recipes before posting this... must have done something wrong. Off to try, try again.;)

bridedream said:
Thank you!

I love this idea! I did search for recipes before posting this... must have done something wrong. Off to try, try again.;)

Your welcome. Make sure you're clicking "Files". There's not much in the "recipes" section. I remember when I first joined, seeing all these great recipe titles and never finding them! lol

ChefBeckyD said:
we're using almost every Host Bonus for July & August, plus one of the guest bonuses! :):thumbup:

Score!! :sing:

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Your welcome. Make sure you're clicking "Files". There's not much in the "recipes" section. I remember when I first joined, seeing all these great recipe titles and never finding them! lol

A-ha! smacks head That's what I am doing wrong:blushing:.

lol....thought that might be a problem.....think we all have done that. :D

1. What is the "Summer Salads Show" all about?

The "Summer Salads Show" is a virtual cooking demonstration hosted by Pampered Chef that focuses on creating delicious and refreshing salads perfect for the summer season. Our consultants will showcase various recipes and tips for making the most out of your summer salads.

2. How can I attend the "Summer Salads Show"?

To attend the "Summer Salads Show", you can either contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find an upcoming virtual event. You can also host your own show and invite friends and family to join in on the fun!

3. Are there any special offers or promotions during the "Summer Salads Show"?

Yes, during the "Summer Salads Show", there will be exclusive offers and promotions on Pampered Chef products specifically chosen for creating delicious salads. These deals are only available during the event, so be sure to tune in and take advantage of them!

4. Can I customize the recipes shown in the "Summer Salads Show"?

Absolutely! Our consultants will provide the base recipe for each salad, but you are more than welcome to customize and add your own personal touches to make it your own. We encourage creativity and experimentation in the kitchen!

5. Is there a cost to attend the "Summer Salads Show"?

No, the "Summer Salads Show" is completely free to attend. However, if you wish to purchase any Pampered Chef products featured in the show, you can do so through your consultant or on our website. There is no pressure to buy, but we're sure you'll find some amazing tools to elevate your salad-making game!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
otisbg
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein