• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simple Cold Pasta Salads for Summertime

In summary, the conversation was about finding cold pasta salad recipes for summer that can be served as a side dish or main dish. There are two recipes that were suggested: Bow Tie Pasta with Feta Cheese and Sun-dried Tomatoes and Lemony Orzo Salad. Both recipes include pasta, vegetables, and feta cheese. These recipes can be modified to omit olives or cilantro. Another recipe, Collasal Chopped Salad, is from the South Beach Diet 2007. The
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi! :)

I'm in search of about 6 really yummy, simple cold pasta salad recipes for summer time. It would be great if I could get some that are made with meat (like chicken or tuna) and some that aren't. Cream based or vinegarette based sauces/dressing are fine with me... I'm just tired of my old tuna noodle pasta salad and the ones that come in a box- which to my defense I've only made a handfull of times because the pasta recipes out there seem to have a lot of strange or really strong flavors in them.

TIA for the help- I'm just trying to change up our side dishes a bit and also find some that could be used as a main dish served with fruit on the side for those really hot and lazy days of summer!

If it's easier, feel free to email them to me at [email protected]

Bow Tie Pasta with Feta Cheese and Sun-dried TomatoesINGREDIENTS
1 (12 ounce) package bow ties - you can also use 16 ounces of angel hair pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
1 (8 ounce) package tomato basil feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper to tasteDIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until done; drain. Return pasta to the pot.
Mix in olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, feta, and Parmesan cheese. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm.Enjoy!

I made that all last summer and we made it at camp too. Becky D. will vouch for the fact that it is good - she tried it too! :)P.S. It was out BEFORE the Greek Cheese Torta recipe. ;)...and it tastes great cold...

Dennis and I love this one in the summer. We are not olive fans, so we omit those. Still yummy!

Lemony Orzo Salad
CDKitchen Recipes at CDKitchen.com, Springtime Recipes, 30 Minute Meals

Category: Pasta Salad
Serves/Makes: 6 | Difficulty Level: 3 | Ready In: 30-60 minutes

Ingredients:

1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
1 1/3 cup zucchini, diced
1/3 cup red onion, diced
1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh mint, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup tomato, diced
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, chopped

Directions:
Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt; drain well. Combine orzo, zucchini, and onion in a large bowl; toss well.

Combine parsley and next 6 ingredients (parsley through pepper); stir well with a whisk. Stir into orzo mixture; add tomato, cheese, and olives, tossing gently to coat.

This is my all-time favorite cold salad. Pretty good the 2nd day too - and if you're not a fan of cilantro, parsley could be a sub, but the flavor of the cilantro is awesome in this.ORZO SALAD12 oz. Semolina Orzo
20 Ripe Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 (15 oz.) can Black Beans, rinsed & drained
2/3 C. Diced Red Onion
¼ C. Olive Oil
2 ½ T. Sherry Wine Vinegar
½ tsp. Salt
½ C. Finely Chopped Cilantro Leaves and Tender Stems
Fresh Ground Black PepperCook orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse and drain again the black beans. Shortly before serving time, toss ingredients together.

Susan, I would eat cilantro in my breakfast cereal I love it so much! This salad sounds great...actually, all of the above do!

chefmeg said:
Susan, I would eat cilantro in my breakfast cereal I love it so much! This salad sounds great...actually, all of the above do!

LOL! I love cilantro about that much too!

And yes - Janet's Pasta is YUMMY! So So good, and it uses cilantro also. It's good hot or cold, and you could add chicken to it if you want....and one time, I had basil that needed to be used, so I used that instead of cilantro, and it was wonderful that way too!

I'm on my way out to get supper started, but I promise I will post my pasta salad recipe later on tonight. It's full of veggies, and has a different vinegrette type dressing. DH loves it.

The collasal chopped salad is really good to. It is in the SB SS 2007.

Kacey - if you receive any really wonderful recipes by email (that are not posted on here) - can you share them with us? I think this is a WONDERFUL idea to offer at summer shows. You always have such fab ideas!:love:

Thanks for the ideas so far guys! DH and I do not like cilantro- I know that is shocking news but we're dingy that way. DH would eat the feta cheese, but I'm not a big fan of very pungant cheeses. I do like a really good italian blue cheese (the name escapes me because the benadryl has kicked in) put on top of oven toasted slices of baguette and drizzled with honey!

Sorry- I had no idea that everyone's pasta salads would mostly call for cilantro and feta cheese! :) LOL I feel terrible- Does anyone have any other milder pasta salad recipes?

Thanks so much!!! I know I can always go and look on allrecipes.com but you guys have made yours and I trust your recipes because I trust you!

Thanks again, and for those of you that posted recipes for me, I will print them and put them in my recipe box because you just never know!!! :)

Love you all!

stefani2 said:
Kacey - if you receive any really wonderful recipes by email (that are not posted on here) - can you share them with us? I think this is a WONDERFUL idea to offer at summer shows. You always have such fab ideas!:love:

You bet I will. So far I have not gotten any emails! :) I'm glad to know that my brains still functions while on high amounts of various allergy medications! :D

Well then...be that way! (My family is pretty picky too, I'm the only one who isn't - well, not as much.)Here is a not so plain Tuna Pasta SaladIngredients: * 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells, cooked and drained
* 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
* 1 large carrot, shredded
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
* 1 teaspoon dill weed
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepperDirections:
In a large salad bowl, combine pasta, tuna, carrot and onion. Combine remaining ingredients; whisk until smooth. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.Pasta Crab SaladIngredients: * 4-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
* 1 package (16 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
* 1/3 cup each chopped celery, green pepper and onion
* 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
* 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
* 1 teaspoon dill weedDirections:
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in large bowl; add the crab, celery, green pepper and onion.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and dill. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings. Shrimp Pasta SaladIngredients: * 4-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
* 1 package (16 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
* 1/3 cup each chopped celery, green pepper and onion
* 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
* 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
* 1 teaspoon dill weedDirections:
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in large bowl; add the crab, celery, green pepper and onion.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and dill. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings. ***I hope you like dill!!!***

Turkey and Cheese PastaIngredients: * 1 cup uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
* 1/4 pound cubed deli smoked turkey
* 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed Monterey Jack cheese
* 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced and halved
* 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
* 1 green onion, thinly sliced
* 3 tablespoons sour cream
* 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
* 1 teaspoon honey
* 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* Dash pepperDirections:
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a serving bowl, combine the pasta, turkey, cheese, cucumber, red pepper and onion.
In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, honey, mustard and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 4 cups. Well, that's all I have handy...

I had asked a friend for this recipe a while ago - she JUST emailed it to me tonight. I really liked it because the relish added a really different taste to it -it is really good and I am not a fan of relish....

Pasta Salad

6 cups of cooked Macaroni
1 cup celery
1 Red onion (Use food chopper)
3 Lg Carrots (Use food chopper)
1 Cup Real Mayonaise
1/2 Cup Relish
2 tbsp butter

On medium heat, Using a large sautee pan coat pan with butter. When the pan gets hot add chopped onion and celery until mixture is reduced.
Cook 6 cups of Macaroni in a large pot add a couple of pinches of salt. When macaroni is cooked strain in and add reduced carrots, onion and celery. Set aside and let cool for 1/2 an hour. Put mayo and relish in a small bowl, when fully mixed add it to the macaroni and serve.
mixture to macaroni.
Relax and enjoy :) You can also add bacon bits it for wish.

Janet and Jenna, thanks so much for these recipes!

Keep them coming guys- This would also be a great gift to give out to people at your shows! A nice print-out of some good summer pasta salads! :)

I can't wait to try some of these! :) (just without the dill) (Yes Janet, I have a dill aversion, too!) LOL :D
It's funny, I would never catagorize myself as a picky eater, but with not liking strong cheeses, olives, dill, or cilantro- maybe I am? Also I have a sensitive stomach and crab is too rich for it- so I might make that one with something else!

I really appreciate all of you that took the time to type out these recipes! :)

Tortellini Antipasto Salad
2 packages (9 oz. each) DiGiorno three cheese tortellini, cooked, drained and rinsed
1 envelope Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing Mix, prepared
1 small red onion, finely chopped
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut in small cubes
1 large green pepper, chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small can sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
Combine all ingredients, cover and chill several hours.

Teresa, that tortellini salad looks yummy! Thanks for the ideas and recipes everyone!!!

My MIL makes a very yummy one. I don't have the exact recipe but she said she just adds ingredients until it looks right. She uses 2 pounds of bowtie pasta, shredded cheddar cheese, sticks of pepperoni cut into small pieces, black olives, cherry tomatoes, diced green and red peppers, about a tablespoon of salad seasoning, and a bottle of zesty italian salad dressing.

paroese said:
My MIL makes a very yummy one. I don't have the exact recipe but she said she just adds ingredients until it looks right. She uses 2 pounds of bowtie pasta, shredded cheddar cheese, sticks of pepperoni cut into small pieces, black olives, cherry tomatoes, diced green and red peppers, about a tablespoon of salad seasoning, and a bottle of zesty italian salad dressing.
That one sounds good, too.

For some odd reason, about 10 years ago I became unable to eat almost any fruit or veggie raw. Over the past 2 years I've been able to add lettuce and other leafy greens, strawberries, raspberries, apples and red grapes back into my diet without breaking out in hives in my mouth, on my tongue and down my throat.

I still cannot eat most of the ingredients listed in these pasta's unless they come canned, frozen, cooked, boiled, or processed in some way-shape-or form...Unless I want to take a benadryl just to eat a meal, which I do not.

There are no doctors that can explain this phenomenon- so I just make due. I eat a lot of frozen fruit, and pureed fruit just so I can get my daily fruit servings. I don't eat a lot of dried fruits because those can contribute to migraines... I do well with grilled veggies- so maybe I could grill or roast some of the veggies for depth of flavor and then add them to the pasta salad? That's a thought.

All of these pasta salads sound so good- I will just have to get creative with those raw ingredients and change them up a bit.

Oh, there's yummy grilled veggie pasta salad in one of our cookbooks - Casual Cooking, I think. I'll look it up - back soon.

oops, my bad, the recipe is in It's Good For you. Here it is:

Grilled Vegetable Pasta Toss

7 ounces extra-firm tofu
1 medium red bell pepper, cut lengthwise in half and seeded
1 large yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise
½ pound asparagus spears, trimmed
4 ounces Portobello mushrooms
½ cup reduced fat balsamic dressing, divided
¼ cup snipped fresh basil leaves
2 cups uncooked whole wheat rotini pasta
1 ounce (1/4 cup) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)

1. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Using Chef’s Knife, slice tofu lengthwise into ½ inch slices. Brush tofu and vegetables with ¼ cup of the dressing using Pastry Brush. Snip basil leaves using Kitchen Shears; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions in Professional (4 qt.) Casserole; drain and keep warm.
3. Lightly grease grid of grill. Place tofu and vegetables on grid of grill. Grill mushrooms 5 – 7 minutes and bell pepper, squash, asparagus, and tofu 10 – 12 minutes, turning occasionally with Barbecue Tongs. Remove vegetables and tofu from grill.
4. Cut vegetables and tofu into bite-size pieces; place in large Colander Bowl. Add pasta, basil, and remaining dressing; mix gently. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Yield: 4 servings

Here is mine...1 box spiral pasta cooked (the tri colored is pretty)
1 lrg bottle italian dressing
1 small bunch of brocoli cut into bite size pieces
1 small head of calliflower cut into bite size pieces
2 cucumbers, pealed and cut into bite size pieced
1 can black olives sliced
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into bite size pieces
1 lb cheddar cheese cut into bite size pieces

mix altother salt and pepper to taste Chill and enjoy!!

Oh Man this post is amazing - I love salad and they all sound so good - someone should put them all together!!!

And the winner is.....?
PamperedDor said:
Oh Man this post is amazing - I love salad and they all sound so good - someone should put them all together!!!

Super idea! We nominate you! :) LOL

PamperedDor said:
....someone should put them all together!!!
Harriett usually does that - where has she been anyhow?

Kid friendly Chicken McRanch Pasta SaladOkay, so I was starting to feel like I really should find a recipe or two of my own, when I came upon this one.

This recipe serves 4.

1/2 pounds elbow macaroni, cooked
1 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
2 cups frozen mixed veggies, thawed
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Ranch style dressing

In a large bowl toss together the macaroni, chicken, veggies, cheese and dressing. Chill for 20 minutes then serve.

I think I will try this one this week. I might even use an orzo noodle instead- who knows.

Thanks for all the recipes, guys! :)

I REALLY need to get the recipe from our cook at camp for the pasta salad last summer. It had tortellini and Frangelico in it...it is usually made at the Kohler House in WI.

janetupnorth said:
I REALLY need to get the recipe from our cook at camp for the pasta salad last summer. It had tortellini and Frangelico in it...it is usually made at the Kohler House in WI.

What's Frangelico again?

I'm off to saute my sausage for dinner and shread some cheese

Frangelico is a liqueur - hazelnut I think...or raspberry, I get them mixed up.:eek:

Okay - here is my pasta salad recipe.

SWEET & SOUR PASTA SALAD

1 pkg. Tricolor Spiral Pasta (16 oz)
1 med. red onion, chopped
1 med. tomato, chopped
1 med. cucumber, chopped
1 med. green pepper, choppped
2 Tbls. minced fresh parsley (or 2 teas. dried)
1 Tbls. minced fresh dill (or 1 tsp. dried)

DRESSING:

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1 Tbls. dried mustard
1 teas. salt
1 clove garlic, minced

Cook pasta according to pkg. directions. Drain and rinse w/ cold water. (the Salad Spinner comes in really handy here) Place in large serving bowl. Add veggies and herbs, and set aside.

In a saucepan, combine dressing ingredients. Cook over med low heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir well before serving.

16 servings.

Yes, hazelnut. The alcohol part is cooked off before use but the flavor is left. Our camp cook uses a few things like that for fancy banquets. Normally, you can't find a drop of anything in my house. I do have a bottle of whiskey for my tenderloin sauce but that is it...

I like to add a can of drained and rinsed sliced waterchestnuts to pasta salads. Lots of crunch!

Too funny - another one with dill!Kacey - you just have to learn to like dill! ;)

janetupnorth said:
Too funny - another one with dill!

Kacey - you just have to learn to like dill! ;)

I thought it was cilantro she didn't like? Or is it dill too?

And, for my recipe, I added the dill (cooks license!;) ) - you can make it without it - I just like it that way.

ChefBeckyD said:

And, for my recipe, I added the dill (cooks license!;) ) - you can make it without it - I just like it that way.

Read further - she doesn't like either...I REALLY feel like less of a picky eater lately! :)

ChefBeckyD said:

It's both I don't care for. DH doesn't like dill or cilantro either. If a recipe calls for dill I leave it out, if it calls for cilantro, I only use about 25% of what it calls for. I like it in prepared salsa- but not fresh. I don't think I'll make a very good chef once I finally get to go back to culinary school! :) I don't like 2 major herbs nor do I like pesto! :eek:

Kacey,
I will have to find my "fav" pasta salad recipe which is from my man Bob Barker ( he didn't give it to me personally, although a girl can dream. He retired before I got to come on down:() I was in the sudience but never made it :( boo hoo for little ol me... any hoo, it is the best pasta salad recipe. I just need to find it!

Kacey,
I have developed multiple food allergies over the years. Regular doctors won't tell you this but one school of thought points to a candida overgrowth. I have been taking things to curb the candida overgrowth and I do feel better and don't seem as sensitive to many of the foods. Just FYI It can be very frustrating!! Ginger

merego said:
Kacey,
I will have to find my "fav" pasta salad recipe which is from my man Bob Barker ( he didn't give it to me personally, although a girl can dream. He retired before I got to come on down:() I was in the sudience but never made it :( boo hoo for little ol me... any hoo, it is the best pasta salad recipe. I just need to find it!

Girl, you are too funny! I totally want that recipe now! I don't have to win TPIR showdown to get it, do I?

gingertannery said:
Kacey,
I have developed multiple food allergies over the years. Regular doctors won't tell you this but one school of thought points to a candida overgrowth. I have been taking things to curb the candida overgrowth and I do feel better and don't seem as sensitive to many of the foods. Just FYI It can be very frustrating!! Ginger

Hmmm- what can I take for that? I would just love to be able to eat a raw carrot, or raw cucumber or even better- watermelon, plums, peaches, nectarines.... Any iteas on what you take to curb that probable candida overgrowth?

And yes, it is VERY frustrating! Grrrr

Kitchen Diva said:
Girl, you are too funny! I totally want that recipe now! I don't have to win TPIR showdown to get it, do I?

Well, know that you mention it.... is the price of the red bell pepper HIGH OR LOWER then the price of the olives????
Answer me that and I'll give you the recipe!! ha ha :)

I am typing it up, went to bed last night with a headache and remembered this mornring, I forgot, sorry :(

Kacey,The Kitchen Diva..... COME ON DOWN.................

Bob Barker's Summertime Pasta Salad
1 pound tri-color fusilli pasta
3 bell peppers (yellow, red and green), cut into strips
6 ounces grape tomatoes, halved (1 cup)
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
One 6.5-ounce jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
1 red onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper

1. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and transfer to a baking sheet to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together the bell peppers, tomatoes, olives, artichokes, onion, garlic, olive oil and vinegar. Add the pasta, basil and lemon juice and toss again. Season to taste with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.

FOUR SERVINGS
Prep Time: 10 min (plus cooling)
Cook Time: 10 min

Thanks Meredith!

Oh, and the answer to your question is everything is more expensive than olives in MN! :) LOL Red peppers are $4.00 per pound here, and olives are cheaper in a jar than at the "olive bar" at the deli.

Kitchen Diva said:
Thanks Meredith!

Oh, and the answer to your question is everything is more expensive than olives in MN! :) LOL Red peppers are $4.00 per pound here, and olives are cheaper in a jar than at the "olive bar" at the deli.

Ha, after I sent that I was looking at my grocery reciept and didn't realize how high peppers are ~yikes~ I got a 3 pack 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 red and it was $4.99. I looked at the wrong price when I picked them up. The olives my buddy Bob uses has pits, so I use my handy PC cherry/olive pitter that I bought for way overpriced on E-bay, but I wanted it so bad. I actually ended up with 4 of them and have had 3 people ask to buy them. I hope they bring that product back.
Gotta run, it's time for me to go spin the big wheel and win some big money in the showcase showdown~ a girl can dream :) :)

LOVE the Mandarin Chicken Pasta Salad. It's a PC recipe but not sure where it's from. Makes a GREAT show recipe since it uses so much stuff. I get lots of raves when I bring this to bbqs too, although i usually omit the chicken just to make it a tad easier.

Ingredients:
Dressing:
1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled fresh gingerroot
1/3 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
2 teaspoons sugar
1 garlic clove, pressed

Salad:
8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
1/2 cucumber, scored, seeded and sliced
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted

1. For dressing, finely chop gingerroot using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine gingerroot, vinegar, orange juice, vegetable oil, sesame oil, soup mix, sugar and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; whisk until well blended. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

2. For salad, cook pasta according to package directions in Professional (8-qt.) Stockpot; drain and rinse under cold running water using large Colander. Place pasta in Simple Additions™ Large Bowl.

3. Meanwhile, score cucumber using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer™. Slice cucumber using Ultimate Slice & Grate; cut slices in half. Dice bell pepper using Chef’s Knife. Coarsely chop onion using Food Chopper.

4. Add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, spinach, mandarin oranges, chicken and almonds to pasta. Pour dressing over salad; toss using Bamboo Spatula Set. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving (11/2 cups): Calories 210, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 11 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 2 g

Here was tonight's new made-up salad:Janet's Greek Chicken Pasta Salad (using Pampered Chef products)4 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 lb. bowtie pasta
about 3/4 cup Basil Blend Canola Oil (if you don't want to use that much use about 1/4 cup and add olive oil but the flavors in the canola oil make the recipe!)
2 1/2 Tablespoons Greek RubSingle portion size...1 cup cooked chicken
2 tsp. Greek Rub
1/4 cup Basil Blend Canola Oil
1/4 lb. Bowtie pasta

aksusan said:
This is my all-time favorite cold salad. Pretty good the 2nd day too - and if you're not a fan of cilantro, parsley could be a sub, but the flavor of the cilantro is awesome in this.

ORZO SALAD

12 oz. Semolina Orzo
20 Ripe Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 (15 oz.) can Black Beans, rinsed & drained
2/3 C. Diced Red Onion
¼ C. Olive Oil
2 ½ T. Sherry Wine Vinegar
½ tsp. Salt
½ C. Finely Chopped Cilantro Leaves and Tender Stems
Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse and drain again the black beans. Shortly before serving time, toss ingredients together.

Susan, I made this yesterday for our cookout and it was a BIG hit! Very yummy!

My favorite pasta salad is Curried Chicken and Pineapple.

I make it with rotini but any macaroni would do. I have made it without chicken as well, for our vegetarian friends. You can use canned chicken or maybe even substitute tuna.

Salad Ingredients:
One box small pasta (rotini), cooked
3 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
20 oz can of pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained
1/2 cup of sliced ripe black olives
1/2 cup sliced scallions
2 cups sliced celery

Dressing Ingredients:
1 cup mayonaisse
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp curry

Kitchen Diva said:
Hi! :)

I'm in search of about 6 really yummy, simple cold pasta salad recipes for summer time. It would be great if I could get some that are made with meat (like chicken or tuna) and some that aren't. Cream based or vinegarette based sauces/dressing are fine with me... I'm just tired of my old tuna noodle pasta salad and the ones that come in a box- which to my defense I've only made a handfull of times because the pasta recipes out there seem to have a lot of strange or really strong flavors in them.

TIA for the help- I'm just trying to change up our side dishes a bit and also find some that could be used as a main dish served with fruit on the side for those really hot and lazy days of summer!

If it's easier, feel free to email them to me at [email protected]

Here is my pasta salad receipe (forgive me if somebody posted one similar, I didn't look through them all)

1 box Tri-Colored Pasta
1 tomato
1 cucumber
1 can of slived olives
5 slices of ham
bottle of zesty italian dressing
McCormack Salad Supreme seasoning

Mix all together, add the dressing and seasoning to taste! Thats it! It's a HUGE favorite of everyone I know they always ask me to make it. You can also add an onion but I HATE onions!:yuck:

yummy. these sound really good.

<h2>1. What are some simple cold pasta salad recipes for summertime?</h2><p>Here are six delicious and easy cold pasta salad recipes for summer:</p><ul><li>Classic Macaroni Salad</li><li>Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad</li><li>Greek Orzo Pasta Salad</li><li>Tuna and Veggie Pasta Salad</li><li>Caprese Pasta Salad</li><li>Asian Noodle Salad</li></ul><p>These recipes can be found on the Pampered Chef website or by searching online.</p><h2>2. Can you suggest some cold pasta salads with meat?</h2><p>Absolutely! Here are a few ideas for cold pasta salads with meat:</p><ul><li>Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad</li><li>Tuna and Veggie Pasta Salad</li><li>Grilled Shrimp and Pasta Salad</li><li>Italian Pasta Salad with Salami and Pepperoni</li><li>BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad</li><li>BLT Pasta Salad</li></ul><p>You can find these recipes on the Pampered Chef website or by searching online.</p><h2>3. Are there any cold pasta salads that don't use meat?</h2><p>Yes, there are plenty of delicious meatless cold pasta salads to choose from! Here are a few options:</p><ul><li>Greek Orzo Pasta Salad</li><li>Caprese Pasta Salad</li><li>Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad</li><li>Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad</li><li>Mediterranean Pasta Salad</li><li>Vegetarian Ranch Pasta Salad</li></ul><p>You can find these recipes on the Pampered Chef website or by searching online.</p><h2>4. Are there any cold pasta salads that use cream-based dressings?</h2><p>Yes, there are several delicious options for cold pasta salads with cream-based dressings. Here are a few ideas:</p><ul><li>Classic Macaroni Salad</li><li>BLT Pasta Salad</li><li>Creamy Ranch Pasta Salad</li><li>Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad</li><li>Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad</li><li>Loaded Baked Potato Pasta Salad</li></ul><p>You can find these recipes on the Pampered Chef website or by searching online.</p><h2>5. Can you recommend any cold pasta salads for serving as a main dish?</h2><p>Yes, here are a few cold pasta salads that can be served as a main dish:</p><ul><li>Asian Noodle Salad</li><li>Tuna and Veggie Pasta Salad</li><li>Grilled Shrimp and Pasta Salad</li><li>BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad</li><li>Italian Pasta Salad with Salami and Pepperoni</li><li>Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad</li></ul><p>Add some fresh fruit on the side and you have a perfect meal for those hot summer days!</p>

1. What are some simple cold pasta salad recipes for summertime?

Here are six delicious and easy cold pasta salad recipes for summer:

• Classic Macaroni Salad
  • Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
  • Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
  • Tuna and Veggie Pasta Salad
  • Caprese Pasta Salad
  • Asian Noodle Salad

These recipes can be found on the Pampered Chef website or by searching online.

2. Can you suggest some cold pasta salads with meat?

Absolutely! Here are a few ideas for cold pasta salads with meat:

• Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
  • Grilled Shrimp and Pasta Salad
  • Italian Pasta Salad with Salami and Pepperoni
  • BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
  • BLT Pasta Salad

You can find these recipes on the Pampered Chef website or by searching online.

3. Are there any cold pasta salads that don't use meat?

Yes, there are plenty of delicious meatless cold pasta salads to choose from! Here are a few options:

• Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
  • Caprese Pasta Salad
  • Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
  • Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
  • Mediterranean Pasta Salad
  • Vegetarian Ranch Pasta Salad

4. Are there any cold pasta salads that use cream-based dressings?

Yes, there are several delicious options for cold pasta salads with cream-based dressings. Here are a few ideas:

• Classic Macaroni Salad
  • BLT Pasta Salad
  • Creamy Ranch Pasta Salad
  • Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
  • Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
  • Loaded Baked Potato Pasta Salad

5. Can you recommend any cold pasta salads for serving as a main dish?

Yes, here are a few cold pasta salads that can be served as a main dish:

• Asian Noodle Salad
  • Grilled Shrimp and Pasta Salad
  • BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
  • Italian Pasta Salad with Salami and Pepperoni
  • Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad

Add some fresh fruit on the side and you have a perfect meal for those hot summer days!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda K.
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenf
Replies