• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy and Delicious Summer Dessert Recipe for Your Next Cooking Show!

In summary, the host is having a cooking show this friday and she doesn't know what to make. She asks for suggestions from the audience and one person suggests making ice cream nachos. The host decides to make those and then adds some other ideas like a trifle and cinnamon chips. The show will be on Friday and the audience can stop by to try out the recipes.
gussey30
I have my first cooking show of the summer this friday and I have no idea what to make... the host wants something dessert/chocolate. I don't want to bake anything since it's so hot.Any suggestions?I should add that my host is a college student... not sure if that makes a big difference or not.

Last edited:
why don't you make a lava cake in the microwave?

i did the lava cake for the first time week before last as a second/simple recipe (she had 14 there) - mixed it as they were coming in. left it sit while i did demo - they loved it and i sold 4 dcbs! :)

Ice Cream Nachos - I am making that tonight!

Do a Trifle - layer chocolate cake or brownie cubes, our chocolate raspberry sauce or seedless raspberry preserves, cool whip mixed with prepared white chocolate pudding, chopped toasted nuts - if desired (toast in microwave). Layer it up and finish with more cool whip sprinkled with nuts and fresh berries or chocolate shavings.

This went over big at my last campus event....

Attachments

• Coffee Show Recipe.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 527
dannyzmom said:
Ice Cream Nachos - I am making that tonight![/QUOTE

Please share...what is this?

Ice Cream Nachos!
created by Deb JenningsMake Cinnamon Chips. (Brush soft flour tortillas lightly with water using pastry brush. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Cut into triangles using Pizza Cutter. Place on stone and bake @ 400 until lightly browned – about 7-8 minutes.) Cool completely.Place cooled Cinnamon Chips all over Large Square Simple Additions Platter.Using Ice Cream dipper, scoop ice cream all over on top. ** ice cream can be "pre-scooped" and frozen, try setting on chillzanne egg tray.**Using egg slicer plus, garnish with sliced strawberries & sliced bananasChop nuts with Food Chopper, sprinkle on top. Drizzle Caramel and/or Chocolate syrup or ice cream topping on top. ** using v-shaped cutter or baggie w/twix-it clip makes it easy!Place dollops of whipped cream all over "nachos” using Easy Accent Decorator , and grate chocolate bar over entire platter using Deluxe Cheese Grater!ENJOY!!!!

How do you make the lava cake in the dcb?

Thanks everyone!!!
I can't wait to try out the ice cream nachos! So I just talked to my host to make sure she had a big microwave... and she told me she forgot to tell me she moved it location to her church which has a bigger kitchen. So now I don't have to worry about oven heating up the whole apartment. Gonna make the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake -- first time making so need to try it out between now and friday.

1. What are some easy and refreshing summer dessert recipes?

Some easy and refreshing summer dessert recipes include fruit salad, no-bake cheesecake, watermelon sorbet, and grilled peaches with ice cream.

2. Can you recommend a summer dessert recipe for a crowd?

A great summer dessert recipe for a crowd is a trifle, layered with fresh fruit, cake, and whipped cream. It's easy to make and can serve a large group.

3. Do you have any healthy summer dessert recipes?

Yes, there are many healthy summer dessert recipes such as grilled fruit skewers, yogurt parfait with fresh berries, and homemade popsicles with real fruit juice.

4. What is a popular summer dessert recipe that kids will enjoy?

Kids will love a classic favorite, s'mores! You can make them in the traditional way with graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows, or get creative with different toppings and flavors.

5. Are there any no-bake summer dessert recipes?

Yes, there are many delicious no-bake summer dessert recipes such as icebox cake, pudding pops, and ice cream sandwiches. These are perfect for hot summer days when you don't want to turn on the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • RossDeb2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Jennie50