• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Summer Recipes w/ DCB: Delicious Treats for Hot Days!

This is one of my favorite recipes to eat at home and for shows...with as many tomatoes growing on my plants, I sense it being made a lot soon lol (and my fresh basil needs use!!)chicken fajitas! Make salsa in the MFP and it's amazing!Where would I find the recipe for the chicken fajitas?
chefsolnick
Do you have a favorite "summery" recipe that you use the DCB for? TIA!!

Not really a "recipe," but we love it for corn on the cob. No more heating up your kitchen with that steaming vat of water, and it's really quick, too. Just remove husks and silk from the ears and put them in the DCB (up to 6 or so will fit easily). Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and microwave on high. Usually takes about 8-9 minutes on my microwave, depending on how many ears.

pattybrady said:
Not really a "recipe," but we love it for corn on the cob. No more heating up your kitchen with that steaming vat of water, and it's really quick, too. Just remove husks and silk from the ears and put them in the DCB (up to 6 or so will fit easily). Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and microwave on high. Usually takes about 8-9 minutes on my microwave, depending on how many ears.

That's a great tip! Thanks so much!

Cool & Crunchy Chicken Taco salad... I cook the chicken breasts in the DCB in the microwave.

Pork Tenderloin w/bbq rub. Cover and cook on high for 10 -12 min. Slice and serve w/sliced french bread.

pattybrady said:

Thanks for this recipe...I've been doing it this week now and incorporating it into an upcoming show with Chicken Your Way :)

I like doing the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresca. Fresh basil and tomatoes when they are in season make it really great! Plus I love being able to do pasta without having to put on a huge pot of water to boil. ;)

chicken fajitas! Make salsa in the MFP and it's amazing!

Where would I find the recipe for the chicken fajitas?

babywings76 said:
I like doing the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresca. Fresh basil and tomatoes when they are in season make it really great! Plus I love being able to do pasta without having to put on a huge pot of water to boil. ;)

This is one of my favorite recipes to eat at home and for shows...with as many tomatoes growing on my plants, I sense it being made a lot soon lol (and my fresh basil needs use!!)

Brenda.the.chef said:
chicken fajitas! Make salsa in the MFP and it's amazing!

This is what I've been doing at most of my shows, and people LOVE it!!

I don't really use a recipe. Here is the ingredient list I give my hosts:

CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH HOME MADE SALSA
Boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed (1 breast for every 4 - 5 people attending)
2 green pepper
2 onion
5 roma tomatoes
2 limes
fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper (or more if you like it spicy!!)
2 cloves of garlic
flour tortillas (enough that each person can have at least 1)
block of cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional)

I get guests involved wedging the onions, reserving 2 or 3 wedges for the salsa. Cut the peppers, reserving about half of a pepper for the salsa. Spread the peppers and onion in the bottom of the DCB, sprinkle some chipotle rub on that. Lay 3 chicken breasts on top, sprinkle more Chipotle and grind a little salt on top. Cover, microwave for 12 minutes (or more or less depending on microwave power)

While that's cooking, I wash my hands. Continue guest involvement by wedging tomatoes. Prior to the show I get the cilantro ready and if I don't have my corer I'll get the jalapeno ready too. Then I have the guest put the wedges from two tomatoes, one onion wedge, some green peppers, some cilantro and about 1/3 of the jalapeno in the MFP and they process it. Dump that in a bowl and repeat until salsa is made. Then, squeeze lime juice and add salt and Southwestern seasoning. Voila! By the time the salsa is done, the chicken usually is too (although I always check with my Pocket thermometer).

This is about a 20 minute demo and guests LOVE it!!

mountainmama74 said:
This is what I've been doing at most of my shows, and people LOVE it!!

I don't really use a recipe. Here is the ingredient list I give my hosts:

CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH HOME MADE SALSA
Boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed (1 breast for every 4 - 5 people attending)
2 green pepper
2 onion
5 roma tomatoes
2 limes
fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper (or more if you like it spicy!!)
2 cloves of garlic
flour tortillas (enough that each person can have at least 1)
block of cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional)

I get guests involved wedging the onions, reserving 2 or 3 wedges for the salsa. Cut the peppers, reserving about half of a pepper for the salsa. Spread the peppers and onion in the bottom of the DCB, sprinkle some chipotle rub on that. Lay 3 chicken breasts on top, sprinkle more Chipotle and grind a little salt on top. Cover, microwave for 12 minutes (or more or less depending on microwave power)

While that's cooking, I wash my hands. Continue guest involvement by wedging tomatoes. Prior to the show I get the cilantro ready and if I don't have my corer I'll get the jalapeno ready too. Then I have the guest put the wedges from two tomatoes, one onion wedge, some green peppers, some cilantro and about 1/3 of the jalapeno in the MFP and they process it. Dump that in a bowl and repeat until salsa is made. Then, squeeze lime juice and add salt and Southwestern seasoning. Voila! By the time the salsa is done, the chicken usually is too (although I always check with my Pocket thermometer).

This is about a 20 minute demo and guests LOVE it!!

I can't wait to try this! :thumbup:

A couple of questions...do you cut the chicken breast into strips before you put it in the DCB to cook, or do you use the salad choppers and cut it after it comes out of the microwave? I'm thinking we might have to do this recipe at our cluster meeting on Saturday to give people another idea for summer recipes. ;)

Awesome! This is what I would like to try for my next couple shows! Thank you!

Karen said:
I can't wait to try this! :thumbup:

A couple of questions...do you cut the chicken breast into strips before you put it in the DCB to cook, or do you use the salad choppers and cut it after it comes out of the microwave? I'm thinking we might have to do this recipe at our cluster meeting on Saturday to give people another idea for summer recipes. ;)

OOPS! I forgot that part! I lay 3 whole breasts over the veggies, then when they're done, I use the salad choppers to cut them up. I sell salad choppers at every show! This is a product that, before becoming a consultant, I never would have even looked at!

Do you leave the chicken in there with the veggies and chop it all at once?

What is the DCB and how does it work?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware baking dish that can be used in the oven, microwave, or even on the grill. It is designed to distribute heat evenly for perfectly cooked dishes every time. The lid of the DCB creates a sealed environment, trapping moisture and flavors for delicious and tender meals.

Can I use the DCB for both sweet and savory recipes?

Yes, the DCB is perfect for both sweet and savory recipes. It can be used to make everything from casseroles and roasts to cakes and desserts. Its versatility makes it a must-have in any kitchen, especially during the summer when you want to avoid turning on the oven.

What are some easy summer recipes that can be made with the DCB?

There are endless possibilities for easy summer recipes with the DCB. Some popular options include grilled vegetables, BBQ pulled pork, baked mac and cheese, and even fruit cobblers. You can find plenty of delicious and refreshing recipes on our website or by attending a Pampered Chef cooking demonstration.

Is the DCB dishwasher safe?

Yes, the DCB is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleanup. However, it is recommended to hand wash the lid to prevent any potential damage from dishwasher detergents.

Can I use the DCB in the freezer?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in the freezer. It is perfect for preparing frozen meals ahead of time and then baking them straight from the freezer for a quick and easy dinner. Just be sure to allow the dish to come to room temperature before placing it in a hot oven to avoid any potential cracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • EMarth123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies