• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Summer Bookings: Tips and Tricks for Busy Schedules

Plus I figure, the more shows I book, the higher payout I'm at, and more of a chance to earn the new products. I also figure if I book solid May and June, the bookings from those parties will carry me into July, Agugust and Sept.In summary, the conversation revolved around ideas for booking shows during the summer months. The participants discussed various strategies such as hosting a "tropics party" and offering incentives for booking shows in May and June. They also mentioned the possibility of using a church hall or community room to hold multiple shows and the concept of a DIY show where the host can try out and learn about different products. Overall, the goal was to book as
mheat923
I am looking for any ideas on how to best book this summer when my time and others is already "booked"

For example: MY June Calendar I have 2 weeks literally 14 days avaliable to do shows I am out of town the other days and July is basically the same thing I literally have 14 days to hold shows and guess what....so far I have 1 show booked for each month...I had 4 wanting to book at my last show(I am restarting so its slow right now) and when the 4 of them sat down with their calendars and my calndar only 2 could commit in June and July and I hate to book any further out then July right now...

so any Open house type ideas that have worked for you? I thought about throwing a "tropics" party and inviting friends family customers and former customers...

What about doing a mega show? See if you can use a church hall or community room somewhere and have multiple hosts. You provide the ingredients for the demo recipe and have each host bring a dish to share. You still submit each show as its own, yet you can work with your schedule and do the amount of shows you wish to do in June and July.

I think your Tropics idea is a great one! You could maybe even make it a mystery host for even more enticement.

Good luck. Let us know what you decide!

You could do the $100 Catalog CHallenge.... Invite your 10 highest catalog hosts to participate. Alll they need to do is collect $100 and their name goes in a drawing for the host benefits (which will be $200 for a $1000 show) If their sales are over $100 then for every $100 over they get another chance... I know there is a thread on here about it and possibly a flyer too... kind of vague, but dig around on here!

Thats an awesome Idea!!! I love that .. Maybe I"ll do that for when my husband leaves for Iraq.

I'm offering50% more in free products if someone books with me in May or June. I offered this at a women's show I did last weekend, and it was a huge hit! My calendar is booking up quick. Yes, it's money out of my pocket, but I worked the numbers, by the time you take out the show % off, it's really not that bad. Plus I figure, the more shows I book, the higher payout I'm at, and more of a chance to earn the new products. I also figure if I book solid May and June, the bookings from those parties will carry me into July, Agugust and Sept.

You can also offer a DIY show (from a great Director friend, Mary Ann Rinne). What you do is go through the catalog with the host and get a list of products she is interested in trying out. Put everything in your red crate (more than that could be overwhelming) and take over to her house. Go through a checklist of the products with her and address any products she doesn't know how to use (UM, APCS, etc.). Leave order forms, catalogs, DYLAB and some opportunity brochures with her. Pick up the crate (go through the checklist again) after 48 hours. In that 48 hours she should have friends over to play with the tools, use them, and call you if they have any questions. This is a great idea for weekends - people are out of town, you want to spend time with your family, etc. - so you do your live shows during the week.HTH

Was talking to some moms at dance tonight...and I got a booking for JUne and since she has same summer schedule as me we have the same 14 days free in June lolAlso gots lots of questions and intrest in coming to my "tropics party" which is what I decided to go with!

mheat923 said:
Was talking to some moms at dance tonight...and I got a booking for JUne and since she has same summer schedule as me we have the same 14 days free in June lol

Also gots lots of questions and intrest in coming to my "tropics party" which is what I decided to go with!

That is great contratulations.

ltkacz said:
50% more in free products if someone books with me in May or June. I offered this at a women's show I did last weekend, and it was a huge hit! My calendar is booking up quick. Yes, it's money out of my pocket, but I worked the numbers, by the time you take out the show % off, it's really not that bad. Plus I figure, the more shows I book, the higher payout I'm at, and more of a chance to earn the new products. I also figure if I book solid May and June, the bookings from those parties will carry me into July, Agugust and Sept.
Hmm, that sounds interesting... I need more June-July bookings maybe I should try that at my next few shows?

I am thinking I will play around and offer some kind of incentive whether its the 50% or a specfic $ amount as an incentive for bookings and sales during the summer. I always offer a "free" show. I find it easier to do that and I can write the food off as a business expense.

I just offered $20 more in free product if someone books for may or june and if you refer someone to me that books a show, you'll get $10 to spend at their show. I put this in my newsletter, so we'll see if I get anything...

One of the things I offer for summer is a Practice Party. No, it's not a trial run. It's a part at a practice.

I set up a table at the ballpark (or soccer field, or whatever). It's basically an open house. But, since it's right where everyone has to be anyway, it's very convenient.

I have decided that this Summer I want to work smarter, not harder, and since my schedule is tight, I want to do as many $1000 shows as possible- so, I am offering to buy the hostess special for the hostess if she has a $1000 show. I tell her it is really only 20-25 orders. I also buy the ingredients if she has 20 buying guests at her show. It starts them thinking big from the start, and gives them a focus and incentive to work hard. I would rather have 1 $1000 show than 3 $200 shows !!!!

ltkacz said:
50% more in free products if someone books with me in May or June. I offered this at a women's show I did last weekend, and it was a huge hit! My calendar is booking up quick. Yes, it's money out of my pocket, but I worked the numbers, by the time you take out the show % off, it's really not that bad. Plus I figure, the more shows I book, the higher payout I'm at, and more of a chance to earn the new products. I also figure if I book solid May and June, the bookings from those parties will carry me into July, Agugust and Sept.
So just so I have this correct... say the host reaches $500= 90 FREE Product plus 50% more 90+45= 135 FREE but out of pocket you are only out $33.75 with the 25% host discount??? Just want to make sure my calculations were correct before I offered this special for JUNE and JULY!??:confused: Thanks to anyone who can confirm or correct me!

Yes, Heather...That's correct - for a $500 show, and 50% more free - you are giving them $45 in free production, but you only are actually paying $33.75 out of your own pocket.

I love the idea of$1000 show and I'll buy you the host special for the month.

plus...you would still get commision on that 33.75

jogle said:
plus...you would still get commision on that 33.75
Very True I may have to announce this for sure tomorrow and see if I get any takers!

raebates said:
One of the things I offer for summer is a Practice Party. No, it's not a trial run. It's a part at a practice.

I set up a table at the ballpark (or soccer field, or whatever). It's basically an open house. But, since it's right where everyone has to be anyway, it's very convenient.

I really like this idea... espcially since we are just down the road from ball fields. How do you do it... food/drinks? Demo?

Who has tried some of these Summer Booking ideas and have they worked? Are you getting more shows? I thought about the 50% Off incentive but that seems like a lot of money out of my pocket.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

TrishDon't forget, you may pay out of pocket, but you are getting commission on that as well, so, bottom line, it's not that bad. Plus, you get a show which can lead to more shows (and possible recruits).

I've booked 2 shows (one this Saturday - 19th and one next Monday - 21) plus have 3 more people deciding on dates for next month. As it stands right now - that's 5 shows I didn't have.

I will let you know how it goes.

Liz,
your 50% more free is really an intriguing idea! I have a fair this weekend, and I am desperate for bookings, and this might really work! Thanks for the idea, and hope it works for you!

I thought we don't get comm on host specials or 1/2 price items?

I didn't think so either... is anyone double checking this?

The 50% free would not count towards the host special or the half price items. If you were to offer a host the host special free, it is true that it would come completely out of your pocket. If you add items to the hostess' order, then you would receive the discount plus commission.Does that clear it up at all?

ummm. I don't think so... in earlier posts they were talking about buying the host special for the guest... and then still getting the commission on that item... I think anyway... and we don't make commission on the host special correct?

It is true that we don't get commission on the host special. If you were to offer that free to a customer with a $1000 show or what ever level you choose, then it would be out of pocket costs. But if you offer 50% more in free product then that is commissionable. SO if they earn $90 in free the $45 (50% extra) that you give them free will be after host special and half price items. That will include their earned discount 20%, and is commissionable. So if they earn 20% off and you get 24% commission then you are giving them $45 free but your out of pocket of the 50% is only 6%.

Amazingly, that makes sense!

Could you tell me more about setting up at the ball field?

Thanks!

mystery host flyer...For the $1000 mystery host show idea, I came up with a June flyer...I really need some June shows. I have to take some time off in the middle of the month, but I want to make sure I earn my free fall products. Thanks so much for all the great ideas on here. I've booked two shows today for June, just by all the inspiration from you guys!

I just don't know how to get this to convert to a Word Document??? Can anyone else do that?

Attachments

• $1000 Mystery Host Flyer.pdf
    157.7 KB · Views: 402
Trish1953 said:
Who has tried some of these Summer Booking ideas and have they worked? Are you getting more shows? I thought about the 50% Off incentive but that seems like a lot of money out of my pocket.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

For July I offered a Price of the Day any stoneware except the deep covered baker and it worked. I am going to confereance and then hubby and I are vacationing so I HAVE TO book the beginning of july.

raebates said:

Has this worked for you? Did you get a good turn out?

My results...For the first show I offered 50% more free was 2 weeks ago. Ended up with 3 bookings and 2 leads! Show was $600 guest sales, but with the extra 50% it came to something like $657 on commissionable sales. Was it worth giving 50% extra on this - YOU BET!

ltkacz said:
For the first show I offered 50% more free was 2 weeks ago. Ended up with 3 bookings and 2 leads! Show was $600 guest sales, but with the extra 50% it came to something like $657 on commissionable sales. Was it worth giving 50% extra on this - YOU BET!
So, this seems to be working well and I'm thinking of trying this. Anyone else care to report their results after offering this?? I have a booth this weekend that I was thinking of offering it for. Hmmmm, very intriguing!!!

JAE said:
Has this worked for you? Did you get a good turn out?

Actually, no one has chosen it yet. None of my hosts so far have had young kids in sports. I still think it's a good idea, though.

This would b e a great time to host your own show, if you have PC apperal WEAR IT... I have gotten three bookings so far this month from wearing a PC T-shirt. Offer Catalog shows, offer fundraisers IE Dance Teams, School Bands, this is the time of the year that they do their fundraising for the next school year!!!

1. How do I maximize summer bookings when my schedule is already booked?

It can be challenging to find time for Pampered Chef shows during the busy summer months, but here are a few tips to help you maximize your bookings:

• Host virtual shows: Consider hosting virtual shows for those days when you're unable to do in-person events. This allows you to reach a wider audience and still make sales.
  • Offer incentives: Encourage potential hosts to book a show by offering special incentives, such as a free product or discounted shipping.
  • Utilize social media: Use social media to promote your shows and reach out to potential hosts. You can also create events on Facebook to invite people to your shows.
  • Partner with other consultants: Consider partnering with other consultants to co-host shows or share host rewards. This can help you book more shows and reach a larger audience.
  • Host an open house: Consider hosting an open house event where you invite friends, family, customers, and former customers to come and learn about Pampered Chef products. This can be a great way to generate interest and potentially book future shows.

2. How can I book shows when I only have a limited number of available dates in June and July?

Even with a limited number of available dates, there are still ways to book shows during the summer months:

• Reach out to previous hosts: Contact hosts from past shows and see if they would be interested in hosting another event this summer.
  • Offer flexible dates: If you have a few dates that are available, offer them to potential hosts and see if they can work around their schedule to book a show with you.
  • Make use of weekends: Many people have more availability on weekends during the summer, so consider offering weekend shows to book more events.
  • Ask for referrals: Reach out to your current customers and ask if they know anyone who would be interested in hosting a show. Referrals can be a great way to book shows quickly.

3. What are some successful open house ideas for summer bookings?

Here are a few ideas for hosting a successful open house event during the summer:

• Summer BBQ: Host a summer-themed BBQ and invite friends, family, and customers to come and enjoy some delicious food while learning about Pampered Chef products.
  • Pool party: If you have a pool or access to one, consider hosting a pool party where guests can relax and have fun while also seeing Pampered Chef products in action.
  • Tropical-themed party: As mentioned in the original question, a tropical-themed party can be a fun and unique way to attract guests and potentially book shows.
  • Outdoor cooking demo: Take advantage of the nice weather by hosting an outdoor cooking demonstration. You can showcase some of your favorite summertime recipes and products.

4. How can I encourage guests to book a show at my open house event?

At your open house event, make sure to have some incentives in place for guests to book a show with you. Here are a few ideas:

• Offer a special discount: Give guests a discount on their order if they book a show at the open house.
  • Provide a free product: Consider giving guests a free product if they book a show at the event. This can be a great way to entice them to commit.
  • Explain the benefits: Make sure to explain the benefits of hosting a show, such as earning free products and discounts, to show guests why it's worth booking with you.
  • Share success stories: Share success stories from previous hosts to show guests the potential for a successful and fun show.

5. How can I effectively manage my time and bookings during the busy summer months?

Here are some tips for managing your time and bookings during the summer:

• Plan ahead: Make sure to plan your schedule in advance and leave some flexibility for unexpected events or last-minute bookings.
  • Use a scheduling tool: Consider using a scheduling tool, such as a planner or digital calendar, to keep track of your availability and bookings.
  • Set boundaries: Don't overbook yourself and make sure to set boundaries with potential hosts. It's okay to say no if you don't have the

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • PCJenni
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • pattikake45