• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Family Struggles: Airman's Father's Suicide Attempt | Update Pending

In summary, there are no new updates on the airman's father's suicide attempt. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated during this difficult time. To support the airman and their family, you can offer kind words, check in on them, and reach out to local organizations for additional resources. While there are currently no donation efforts, you can donate directly to the family or to a reputable military family support organization. To learn more about the struggles faced by military families, there are resources available online and through local organizations. To help prevent similar situations in the future, it is important to be aware of mental health struggles, offer support and resources, and advocate for better mental health support for military families.
nikked
Gold Member
One of my husbands troops just called. Her father shot himself in the neck sometime this evening. Her parents and two younger siblings have been living with her due to unemployment issues. The troop is a young airman who has had a lot of family stress this year. The police are not allowing them to return to their apartment tonight. The father is currently alive, but we do not know his condition at this time. I will send an update when I have one. Thank you for your prayers.

Unfortunately, I just received word that he didn't make it. Please continue to pray for this young woman and her family. Thank you.

Oh, Nicole, I'm so sorry! I will be praying for her, her family, and your husband having to deal with this.

I'm so very sorry. Prayers said.

So sorry to hear this. Prayers said.

:( I'm so very sorry for her tragic loss. The police will have to investigate to verify that it was a self inflicted wound and not a murder. I worked in a smaller city and one of the local churches had a group of volunteers who would go out and do the "clean up" on this type of scene after they were given the okay from the investigators. It really made a difference for the family to not have to come back and do that horrible task after loosing a loved one. I truly hope that her city offers something like that to save her the heartache of having to face that chore. :(

I am so sorry, this family is in my prayers.

What is the current update on the airman's father's suicide attempt?

At this time, we do not have any new updates on the airman's father's situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time.

How can I support the airman and their family during this difficult time?

You can offer your support by sending kind words and prayers to the family, as well as checking in on them and offering to help in any way you can. You can also reach out to local organizations that support military families for additional resources and support.

Is there a way to donate to the family to help with any expenses?

At this time, we are not aware of any donation efforts for the family. However, if you would like to offer financial support, you can reach out to the family directly or consider donating to a reputable military family support organization in their honor.

How can I learn more about the struggles and challenges faced by military families?

There are many resources available online and through local organizations that provide information and support for military families. You can also reach out to a military family you know and ask them about their experiences and struggles.

What can I do to help prevent similar situations from happening in the future?

It is important to be aware of the signs of mental health struggles and to offer support and resources to those who may be struggling. Additionally, advocating for better mental health support and resources for military families can help prevent similar situations from occurring in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • The_Kitchen_Guy