1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Suggestions for a show on Friday

1. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

I'm hosting a show this Friday, I had a long talk with my host last night, and we decided that I would make the Baked Potato Chowder, but she wants to have other options and possibly something baking. She doesn't mind making the other things ahead of time, but mainly wants to bake something so that the house will smell yummy as guests arrive. She is anticipating about 7-15 guests, so I don't mind making a second dish if she chooses. She also was asking if there were any games that we could play. So I'm looking for ideas and suggestions on both that I can offer to her.

2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Have her make a loaf of bread, that always makes the house smell awesome and it'll go great with potato soup... or Mom's Apple Crisp would smell good and be a good dessert to go with potato soup.

Oct 5, 2009
  3. KaiKendall

KaiKendall Member Gold Member

I would agree with bread, or maybe some bites (kind that you do in the 8" pan) so it's super easy and yummy with the soup. as for games, there's a ton of threads on here about games, as well as some files people have uploaded that have A MILLION games, good to make into what you want! I think I'm gonig to make my own version of "queen of shoppers" cause i had a variatation i saw at another DS party, and i liked it! i'll post it if i do

Oct 5, 2009
  4. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

Do a skillet cake while the soup is cooking. I'm doing the German Chocolate Skillet Cake at all my shows this month and it is a hit!

Oct 5, 2009
  5. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

That sounds yummy, is it in one of the books or should I just look online?

6. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

The German Chocolate Skillet Cake is good, but if you don't have the 12" Skillet (I only have the 10"), use less water.

7. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

joycesfinecooking.com

Oct 5, 2009
  8. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

You can always lend her your mini muffin pan and make the mini carrot cakes...

9. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

That's a great idea, I had thought of that one too!

10. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Hmmm, unless I knew her pretty well, I don't know if I'd be comfortable lending her my MMP.... People aren't always as careful as we are with our stuff. I am very protective of my kitchen stuff (especially my PC stuff). I've seen other people's things in their kitchen and wonder how they get that way...

Oct 6, 2009
  11. Is there a recipe for the mini carrot cakes? I can't find one in the files....

12. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

It's in the new Season's Best if you have that.

13. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

Just wanted to share - I was going to make the mini carrot cakes, but my daughter doesn't like carrots (testing the recipe with my family), so I made it with apples! :) Very yummy. I used one large granny smith instead of the carrots and I added some cinnamon to the recipe & a sprinkle on top. Just a twist on an already yummy recipe ...

14. PamperedSheep

PamperedSheep Member

I have the hosts buy any kind of cake mix and frosting, and do a 12 min cake in the bundt pan before guest arrive. then uncover before starting on demo

Have something to add?