• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Sugar-Free Jell-O be Substituted in a Banana Cream Trifle Recipe?

In summary, sugar-free Jell-O is a low-calorie and low-carb option compared to regular Jell-O, which contains sugar. It may be a better choice for those watching their sugar intake or trying to manage their weight. However, regular Jell-O contains small amounts of nutrients that sugar-free Jell-O does not. Sugar-free Jell-O can be used in recipes that call for regular Jell-O, but the texture and taste may be slightly different. It is available in a variety of flavors, but availability may vary by store. It may be suitable for people with diabetes, but it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional first.
catlwilles
Gold Member
I'm making the Banana Cream Trifle for our cluster meeting today, but my husband brought home the Sugar Free-Fat Free Jell-O instead of the regular kind. It says it's only .9 oz, instead of the 3 that is called for in the recipe, so is it not going to work? Has anyone substituted this kind and how did it work out? Thanks

Hey Catherine,
Cant answer your question but I did this trifle last night at our church dinner and everyone asked me for the recipe. I was joking around with one guy and told him it was 1.00 for me to tell him the recipe he looked at his wife and said we owe Jennie a dollar. Wish I could go to the meeting to taste all the new recipes=)

The difference in the package weight is that the sugar one weighs more due to the sugar! :) I use sugar-free all the time. I can't tell any difference. I made the White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cups for our Cluster Meeting on Monday night and they were wonderful!

Thanks! I used it and it turned out perfect.

Hi there! I have actually used the Sugar Free-Fat Free Jell-O in this recipe before and it turned out great. The only difference is that you may need to adjust the amount of liquid you use to make the Jell-O, as it tends to set firmer than the regular kind. I would suggest following the instructions on the Jell-O package for the amount of liquid needed, and then proceed with the rest of the recipe as normal. I hope it turns out delicious for your cluster meeting! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

What is the difference between sugar-free Jell-O and regular Jell-O?

Sugar-free Jell-O is made with artificial sweeteners, while regular Jell-O contains sugar. This means that sugar-free Jell-O has fewer calories and carbohydrates compared to regular Jell-O. Additionally, regular Jell-O may have a slightly sweeter taste compared to sugar-free Jell-O.

Is sugar-free Jell-O healthier than regular Jell-O?

It depends on your dietary needs and preferences. Sugar-free Jell-O may be a better option for those watching their sugar intake or trying to manage their weight. However, regular Jell-O contains small amounts of nutrients like protein and vitamin C, while sugar-free Jell-O does not.

Can I use sugar-free Jell-O in recipes that call for regular Jell-O?

Yes, you can substitute sugar-free Jell-O in recipes that call for regular Jell-O. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste may be slightly different. It is always best to follow a recipe specifically written for sugar-free Jell-O if possible.

Is sugar-free Jell-O suitable for people with diabetes?

Sugar-free Jell-O may be a better option for people with diabetes as it does not contain sugar. However, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before making any changes to your diet.

What flavours are available in sugar-free Jell-O?

Sugar-free Jell-O comes in a variety of flavors, including strawberry, raspberry, orange, lime, and lemon. However, not all flavors may be available in every store. Check with your local Pampered Chef consultant for specific flavor options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nancycookspc
  • ChefJoyJ