• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Success with New Brownie Pan: South-of-the-Border Meatloaf Sliders!

In summary, the brownie pan worked beautifully, cleaned up super easy too. Tomorrow I'm making the PB&J Brownies for my Last Chance, First Glance party and I'm more confident in the pan's ability to do it's thing, Yeah!Can you share the recipe for the South-of-the-Boarder Meatloaf Sliders? :DThe Pampered Chef recipe for the South-of-the-Boarder Meatloaf Sliders is as follows: 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped poblano or green bell pepper1 medium onion (1/2 cup/125 mL finely chopped)1/2 cup (125 mL) very finely crushed
pchockeymom
I tried out my new brownie pan tonight. Made South-of-the-Boarder Meatloaf Sliders. FABULOUS!!!! The pan worked beautifully, cleaned up super easy too. Tomorrow I'm making the PB&J Brownies for my Last Chance, First Glance party and I'm more confident in the pan's ability to do it's thing, Yeah!

Can you share the recipe for the South-of-the-Boarder Meatloaf Sliders? :D

Have you made the PB&J brownies yet?? I tried them at a Team Training right after Spring Launch (the Director won the pan) and didn't care for them. Granted, it could have been the maker. :)

babywings76 said:
Can you share the recipe for the South-of-the-Boarder Meatloaf Sliders? :D

The Pampered Chef ®
South-Of-The-Border Meat Loaf
Recipe

1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped poblano or green bell pepper
1 medium onion (1/2 cup/125 mL finely chopped)
1/2 cup (125 mL) very finely crushed authentic restaurant-style tortilla chips (about 1 1/2 cups/375 mL whole chips)
1 cup (250 mL) ketchup
2 tbsp (30 mL) Chipotle Rub
1 1/2 lbs (700 g) 85% lean ground beef
1 egg
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

Finely chop peppers and onion with Food Chopper. Place chips into large resealable plastic bag; very finely crush using Meat Tenderizer to measure 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbs. Combine ketchup and rub in Small Batter Bowl; stir with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. In Stainless (6-qt./6-L) Mixing Bowl, combine pepper, onion, tortilla chip crumbs, 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the ketchup mixture, beef, egg and 1 cup (250 mL) of the cheese; mix well.

Place meat mixture in Deep Covered Baker; form into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-in. (22 x 12-cm) loaf. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 14-17 minutes or until Digital Pocket Thermometer inserted in center of meat loaf registers 145°F (63°C). Remove baker from microwave. With Chef's Silicone Basting Brush, brush remaining ketchup mixture over meat loaf. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C) in the center.

Sprinkle remaining cheese over meat loaf; cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle cilantro over meat loaf, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 460 g, Total Fat 29 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 29 g, Sodium 1050 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: For best results, choose authentic restaurant-style tortilla chips, found in the ethnic section of the supermarket.

Meatloaf can be baked, uncovered, in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 65-70 minutes. Brush with sauce 15 minutes before end of bake time.

If desired, 2-3 tbsp (30-45 mL) chopped, canned chipotle peppers can be substituted for the Chipotle Rub.

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maldvs said:
Have you made the PB&J brownies yet?? I tried them at a Team Training right after Spring Launch (the Director won the pan) and didn't care for them. Granted, it could have been the maker. :)

I'm thinking of making some with PB&J and some fluffer nutters cuz I know if I have left overs, my kids won't eat PB&J.

Rae just posted something the other day about a variation to do instead of the PB&J. I'll have to see if I can find that thread...

I made the PB&J last weekend with my nieces and nephew. I loved using the MFP to whip up the peanut butter topping! I enjoyed them better with just the peanut butter stuff on it with a little chocolate on top of that!

babywings76 said:
Rae just posted something the other day about a variation to do instead of the PB&J. I'll have to see if I can find that thread...

I remember that, that's where I got the fluffer nutter idea.

OK..I don't have this pan yet. I am definately going to be getting it..and soon. But I have a question. Am I the only one here who is constantly looking at things and thinking oooh..that would be great in the Brownie Pan.

My husband's aunt made us Salmon loaf for dinner last night. And I was thinking I could make little individual ones in the Brownie Pan.

Last edited:
I am the same way. I can't wait to make breakfast burritos using it! I was thinking about it when I drove to a vendor event last weekend. I LOVE breakfast burritos but hate how I usually end up attacked when I eat them while driving. I am going to use the brownie pan to make the filling (minus the cheese). Then I can use a tortilla, two squares of filling and cheese in the micro right before I leave. That way it stays together and I don't get attacked. I also think I can freeze the other squares for a quick eat when we need it! YUM!

1. What is the size and capacity of the New Brownie Pan?

The New Brownie Pan has a 9-inch square size and can hold up to 12 cups of batter.

2. Can the New Brownie Pan be used for anything other than baking brownies?

Yes, the New Brownie Pan is very versatile and can be used for a variety of recipes such as meatloaf, sliders, mini casseroles, and even breakfast dishes.

3. How does using the New Brownie Pan make the South-of-the-Border Meatloaf Sliders recipe easier?

The New Brownie Pan has individual compartments, which makes it easier to portion out the meatloaf mixture and form perfect slider-sized patties without having to shape them by hand.

4. Can the New Brownie Pan be used on the stovetop or only in the oven?

The New Brownie Pan is oven-safe and can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, but it is not recommended for use on the stovetop.

5. Is the New Brownie Pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the New Brownie Pan is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm, soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • cmdtrgd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
Replies