• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Success with a Pastry Cutter: Making Cinnamon Chips

In summary, to make cinnamon chips with a pastry cutter, mix flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, then add in milk and vanilla extract. Roll out the dough and cut into desired chip shapes, bake until golden brown and crispy. Other types of flour can be used, but may alter the texture and taste. Cinnamon chips can stay fresh for up to a week and can be frozen for longer storage. Other spices can be added to the dough for extra flavor. While a pastry cutter is recommended, a sharp knife or pizza cutter can also be used.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I was making the cinnamon chips from the All the Best cookbook. It suggests using the pizza cutter to cut into wedges. Mine was dirty so I dug through my drawers trying to find something to use. I noticed the pastry cutter and figured it had to work. It worked perfect! That little baby is so sharp!

Cool, thanks for the tip!

I was so excited I had to share! It cut better than the pizza cutter! I think I may use it all the time now!I also used the pastry cutter as a tool to make mini pizzas on the flat bread. It was the perfect size to cut out circles and the flat edge helped press the dough onto the pan. I love finding new uses for kitchen tools!

1. How do I use the pastry cutter to make cinnamon chips?

To make cinnamon chips with a pastry cutter, start by mixing flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in cold butter with the pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Then, add in milk and vanilla extract until the dough comes together. Roll out the dough and cut it into desired chip shapes with the pastry cutter. Bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy.

2. Can I use a different type of flour for these cinnamon chips?

Yes, you can use different types of flour such as whole wheat or almond flour for these cinnamon chips. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste may differ slightly from the original recipe.

3. How long do these cinnamon chips stay fresh?

These cinnamon chips can stay fresh for up to a week if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze them for up to a month for longer storage.

4. Can I add other spices to the dough when making these cinnamon chips?

Yes, you can add other spices such as nutmeg, allspice, or ginger to the dough for extra flavor. Just be mindful of the measurements and adjust accordingly to your taste preferences.

5. Can I use a different type of cutter besides a pastry cutter?

While a pastry cutter is the recommended tool for making these cinnamon chips, you can also use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into desired shapes. Just make sure to use a gentle sawing motion to avoid flattening the dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam