1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Success Stories?

1. kuntrycook

kuntrycook Novice Member

Greeting Pampered Chef friends,

I'm considering and praying about becoming a Pampered Chef representative within the next few days. I was a PC rep about 5 years ago, but because of a lack available free time on my part, I had to quit the business. However, I lost my job in Nov 08 and with the scarcity of available jobs in my area, I thought that now would be the time to give PC another go.

I'm curious, though, to know how many existing reps have experienced any significant decrease in sales and/or bookings during this last year as a result of the slowing economy? Have your sales remained fairly stable? Have you had much success recruiting new team members?

Lastly, does anyone have any words of advice or admonition to offer a young male entering into this business? I mean, do the guys do as well as the ladies in PC?

Thanks for your feedback! God bless!! ~ Chris (NC)

Apr 24, 2009
  2. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

Hi Chris,

Hope you sign up again. My business slowed down during the holidays last year but has picked up since February and hope it continues.

As far as males are concerned from what I have read and heard they are doing great. They target another audience and some of the women really enjoy having male consultants do their shows. You'll find quite a few males here on CS and I am sure they will chime in.

Good luck! I am sure you'll be happy to selling again and see how much has changed since you quit the business-- a lot for the better.

3. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Sounds like now would be a good time to join....you can choose the mini kit for $65 to help update what you already have. I just joined in Feb and have been having quite the success. People are having to stay home and cook now because of the economy, and we are providing them econimal way to meet with friends and all learn how to save $.

Wishing you much luck....do pray and let GOD lead you. If you need, feel free to contact me....read the new posts....you'll see most have good weeks and some low weeks....the secret is to continue....the success eventually follows.

God Bless!

4. kuntrycook

kuntrycook Novice Member

Thanks for the feedback! I look forward to reading other post on the CS site to see what other folks are doing and to get some ideas. I'm meeting with a local director tomorrow morning to talk about the business opportunity! Good luck and great success to each of you in your businesses.

Apr 25, 2009
  5. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I have been in the biz for 6 years now and I am as busy as I want to be. The economy does not affect me as much as the hecticness of my families lifestyle. I do think men have and advantage in that they are a bit unique in the business. Myny have great success. There are a few men on this board. Search some old threads and you will find other asking simmilar questions.

Good luck in you decision.

Apr 25, 2009
  6. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Hi Chris. I love your screen name!

April has been my best month so far, May is almost booked, and I have at least one show scheduled every month until October (except August, I have to work on that). I truly believe this is a great time to be a PC consultant. The economy forces people to reevaluate their priorities, and real value not just fads. Learning easy and inexpensive recipes, having a party without spending alot of money, and earning free stuff! Quite the combination for a good time! Then, when the economy improves, you'll already have your customer and host base established, and you'll be able to grow your business even more.

Welcome to Chef Success. Let us know when we can officially welcome you to PC - and make plans now to attend National Conference!

Apr 25, 2009
  7. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Yes, the economy is impacting our businesses: many people simply don't have as much to spend as they used to...but they are also paying more attention to buying QUALITY. I'm finding folks are willing to buy more if they believe what they are buying is worth it. I just had my highest cooking show last night ($1700 so far), and the reputation of our products carried a lot of weight with the guests.

I'd definitely consider coming back to the business. The same flexibility is there as before (though the minimums are slightly different). There is truly no risk in giving it a go.

Apr 25, 2009
  8. Bren706

Bren706 Senior Member Gold Member

My business is thriving because of the economy. Like Chris (legacypc46), I just submitted my highest show ever this morning ($1501), which topped last month's record show of $959. I have also added team members this year, and have a few more lined up!!

You have nothing to lose, and so much to gain! Good luck!

Apr 25, 2009
  9. jwpamp

jwpamp Veteran Member

What "slowing economy"?

I have had 6 - $1000+ shows in the last 3 months. Sign up and take advantage of the "slowing economy" now!!!

Apr 25, 2009
  10. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I had my highest month ever in November which was the month right after "the big slump" or so I heard. My sales from last year topped the year before and I signed 5 new consultants from October-December. This year has been great too. I did just sign my first consultant of the year this month!

By the way a consultant on my hospitality team who just signed in January already has $11,000 in sales, three recruits and is rocking!

Apr 25, 2009
  11. kuntrycook

kuntrycook Novice Member

Wow! Thanks for all the encouraging and motivational thoughts! I spoke with a PC Director today about the opportunity; it sounds like a few things have changed in the business since I was in it back in 2004 (change for the better). I'll be talking with her again next Tuesday to let her know what I want to do...still praying about it! But thanks so much for all the great responses!

Apr 25, 2009
  12. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Alot has changed just in the two years I've been in business but like you said, it's all change for the better!!

Apr 25, 2009
  13. Dina Atnip

Dina Atnip Advanced Member Gold Member

Hi Chris, I have only been doing the business about 2 years and I really enjoy it and learned alot the new career plan is great and really can succeed by just working the business. Good Luck and we will be here for you.

Apr 25, 2009
  14. kuntrycook

kuntrycook Novice Member

FYI...Status...I decided to take the plunge. I officially became a Pampered Chef consultant this afternoon! Thanks for all the stories you folks shared with me on this thread!

Apr 29, 2009
  15. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Congratulations! Welcome back!

Apr 29, 2009
  16. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

Congratulations!

You are going to love your business, again. ;)

Apr 29, 2009
  17. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

Welcome back!!!!!!

18. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Congratulations! Welcome back. I too returned after a multi-year break. Enjoy your business.

19. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

Congratulations and welcome back.

Apr 29, 2009
  20. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Congrats! Welcome Back & Much Success!

21. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Yay, Chris! Looking forward to reading your own success stories here!

Have something to add?