• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success in Larger Markets as a Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, Sarah thinks that the availability of kitchen stores such as Williams-Sonoma and Sur La Table among others may create a lot of competition for PC. However, she thinks that the advantages of PC are there. Sarah has had great success in a smaller market, and she thinks that the market is too saturated for the disadvantages of PC to outweigh the advantages. Sarah also thinks that people are familiar with Pampered Chef and are loyal to the brand. She has had successful shows in both larger and smaller markets. Becky agrees that the product is great and the warranty unbeatable. She also thinks that the market is too saturated for the disadvantages of PC to outweigh the advantages. Lastly, she thinks that people are more likely to have fun shopping at
Sarah
Hi All,

I have seen many of you mention doing well at shows that happen to be in smaller towns. I am wondering if any of you have had great success in larger markets. I am thinking that the availability of kitchen stores such as Williams-Sonoma and Sur La Table among others may create a lot of competition for PC. Of course the advantages of PC are there. However some or many PC customers may choose to walk into a retail store instead of buying PC, right? If anyone has experience of being a PC consultant in a larger town or city, let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Sarah

Well, I am a consultant on a military base, situated between a good sized town and a large city. On the base, of course we have the Base Exchange, and we all have access to AAFES.com (base exchange online sales) which sells kitchen goods at cost, in addition to having kitchen stores and *marts in town and the city.

People tell me all the time, already and I just started, "I love Pampered Chef, I won't buy the junk they have at ____". It's brand recognition and loyalty. Just like a Pepsi drinker won't buy Coke or Shasta, or Swiffer user won't buy a Clorox Wet Jet.

I live in a suburb of Chicago and everywhere you look there are huge new shopping centers sprouting up. My town alone has had every major store open a location here in the past few years (Crate and Barrel, Williams Sonoma, etc). I don't see it affecting my business. I also was skeptical that I could create a solid business in an area that has lots of consultants. Since the Home Office is based in Addison, IL (another suburb of Chicago) and Doris Christopher herself lives in Hinsdale, IL (in a huge beautiful house :) ), I wondered if the market was too saturated. I haven't found that in the least. I know I see other consultants at some town's French Markets (whose tables are always swamped with people, I might add), I don't find that my business has suffered from being close to where it all began. It still amazes me that there are some people at my shows who aren't at all familiar with Pampered Chef. I love hearing that, though, since then I can introduce them to it.

I've even had shows in downtown Chicago and they've been pretty good shows. In comparison to Williams Sonoma and Sur La Table, I would say we're not as expensive, so that's a good selling point. And another point is that we have our huge test kitchens that test out everything from recipes to tools and gadgets. It's our own staff that does that and the stores selling similiar products don't have that direct contact with those who test things out. That's a point that I like to make if people bring it up. So, that's just my two cents. :)

Hi Sarah,
I think what sets PC apart from kitchen stores is the warranty. There is a guarantee of at least 1 year on every PC product. And basically you can tell people, it is the kitchen that comes to your door. They do not have to go out shopping. They can invite friends over for a party and shop at the same time. :) :) :)

I'm located near Becky and agree with everything she has to say. We have the same great product for less and the warranty is the best. When you go to the store you have to go back on the short warranty or go through the hassle of dealing with a company and getting it returned or fixed. Pampered chef you deal with consultants and we have the best customer service anywhere. :)

I have to say before I became a consultant for PC, I was one of Crate and Barrel's and Williams and Sonoma's favorite customers!! And I saw the difference in the products right away...Pampered Chef is better in quality AND the warranty is unbeatable. I think when customers actually see the products in use and have the chance to earn them for free or discounted themselves, we are the people to go with hands down. Plus, alot of people feel overwhelmed by the selections other stores offer. The box isn't always clear and there isn't always someone around you to give a personnal testimony about the product you are looking at. When customers see the products in use and hear others (not just the consultant) telling you how much they love it or how versatile it is, the choice is clear. Plus, shopping our way is more fun!! :D :D

Yeah, where else do you play games and win prizes and eat delicious food while shopping on your couch?

What is "Success in the City?"

"Success in the City" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on helping consultants grow their business in urban areas. It provides resources and strategies for reaching a diverse customer base and adapting to the unique challenges of city living.

Who can participate in "Success in the City?"

Any Pampered Chef consultant can participate in "Success in the City." Whether you are new to the company or have been a consultant for years, this program is designed to help you achieve success in urban areas.

What types of resources are provided through "Success in the City?"

Through "Success in the City," you will have access to training materials, webinars, and mentorship opportunities. These resources will help you develop strategies for marketing and selling Pampered Chef products in a city setting.

How can "Success in the City" benefit my business?

"Success in the City" can benefit your business by helping you reach a larger and more diverse customer base. It can also provide you with new ideas and strategies for adapting to the unique challenges and opportunities of urban living.

Is there an additional cost to participate in "Success in the City?"

No, there is no additional cost to participate in "Success in the City." This program is offered as a benefit to all Pampered Chef consultants and is included in your consultant agreement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • Cookin' Momma
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
kellyk