• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Substitute for Smoky BBQ Rub?

In summary, the Smoky BBQ Rub is not available at the moment, but a substitute can be made with the microwave pork loin.
SummerG
Hi there! I would love to make the new Sloppy Joe recipe from the Power Cooking recipes tonight but I do not have the Smoky BBQ Rub. Anybody know of a good substitute to try?

Thanks!!
Summer

No, sorry. I really like the PC flavor and it's not like others I've tried.

I can't think of one off the top of my head either! I made a triple batch which normally would take 6T of the rub...I only had 3 left so dumped it all in...it was plenty!

Anyway, I figured it's easier to make a triple batch of one thing than 3 different things at one, they another day make a bigger batch of another one. The recommendation is freeze up to 3 months so sloppy joes once a month is not often at all...I should be able to use it up by then.

By the way if anyone cares a 32oz. bottle of ketchup = 3 cups of ketchup.

I had to buy a bottle from walmart the other day. And it was pretty good. Not sure what brand it was but it was a smokey BBQ rub.

janetupnorth said:
I can't think of one off the top of my head either! I made a triple batch which normally would take 6T of the rub...I only had 3 left so dumped it all in...it was plenty!

Anyway, I figured it's easier to make a triple batch of one thing than 3 different things at one, they another day make a bigger batch of another one. The recommendation is freeze up to 3 months so sloppy joes once a month is not often at all...I should be able to use it up by then.

By the way if anyone cares a 32oz. bottle of ketchup = 3 cups of ketchup.

Good to know - and a good tip for shows too!

Kodeysmom said:
I had to buy a bottle from walmart the other day. And it was pretty good. Not sure what brand it was but it was a smokey BBQ rub.
I have been looking at walmart for a substitute. The microwave pork loin takes a LOT of rub. I went through almost a whole bottle for that one salad recipe. My director has the old BBQ seasoning, so I'm going to try that. She said it's similar. I hope so b/c the smoky rub is delicious! I need to search walmart again. I need it for a show on Saturday.

I think emeril even has one. There were some that were in big fat short tubs too.

1. What can I use as a substitute for Smoky BBQ Rub?

Some alternatives to Smoky BBQ Rub include chili powder, paprika, cumin, brown sugar, and liquid smoke. These ingredients can be combined to create a similar smoky and savory flavor profile.

2. Can I use regular BBQ sauce as a substitute for Smoky BBQ Rub?

No, BBQ sauce and BBQ rubs serve different purposes in cooking. While BBQ sauce is used as a glaze or finishing sauce, BBQ rubs are meant to be used as a dry seasoning and add flavor to the meat before cooking.

3. I have a gluten-free diet, is there a substitute for Smoky BBQ Rub that is gluten-free?

Yes, there are many gluten-free options for BBQ rubs such as McCormick Grill Mates BBQ rubs, Simply Organic Southwest Taco seasoning, or homemade blends using spices and herbs.

4. What are some creative ways to use a substitute for Smoky BBQ Rub?

Aside from using it on traditional BBQ meats like ribs and chicken, you can also use a substitute for Smoky BBQ Rub to season vegetables, tofu, or even sprinkle it on popcorn for a smoky and savory snack.

5. Can I make my own substitute for Smoky BBQ Rub at home?

Yes, you can make your own BBQ rub at home by combining spices and herbs such as smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper. There are many recipes available online for homemade BBQ rubs that you can customize to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • batroark
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies