• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute for Herbs for Provence

In summary, Herbs de Provence is a blend of dried herbs from the Provence region of France, typically including thyme, savory, rosemary, marjoram, and oregano. If you don't have it, you can make your own blend or use Italian seasoning as a substitute. Fresh herbs can also be used, but may alter the flavor slightly. It should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It can be used in a variety of dishes, such as chicken, fish, roasted vegetables, soups, and stews.
cochef
Gold Member
I don't have this yet. Any suggestions for a substitution since there is nothing in the Cook's tips?

I've seen other brands of Herbs De Provence at the grocery store

For the cheesy bruschetta dip, I subbed Italian Seasoning and it was very good. We had the same recipe with Herbs de Provence at our team meeting and I actually preferred it with the Italian Seasoning.

1. What is Herbs de Provence?

Herbs de Provence is a blend of dried herbs that originated in the Provence region of France. It typically includes a combination of thyme, savory, rosemary, marjoram, and oregano.

2. What can I use as a substitute for Herbs de Provence?

If you don't have Herbs de Provence on hand, you can make your own blend using equal parts of thyme, savory, rosemary, marjoram, and oregano. Alternatively, you can use Italian seasoning or dried Italian herbs as a substitute.

3. Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs for Herbs de Provence?

Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs for Herbs de Provence. Keep in mind that the flavors may be slightly different, so you may want to adjust the amounts accordingly.

4. How should I store Herbs de Provence?

Herbs de Provence should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. This will help to preserve the flavors and prevent the herbs from losing their potency.

5. What dishes can I use Herbs de Provence in?

Herbs de Provence is a versatile blend that can be used in a variety of dishes. It pairs well with chicken, fish, roasted vegetables, soups, and stews. It can also be used as a seasoning for marinades or dressings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• booksx2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
booksx2
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies